Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening?

26 Replies, 6196 Views

It really pisses me off that I only have maybe 30 minutes of good sunlight when I get home. I was just getting into a good pattern of coming home, walking/running the dog, and having the kids ride their bikes around the block with me. Now I feel like I am in more of a rush than before to get home.

I have started to run in the morning, without the dog and kids. but I was enjoying the outdoor fun we were having in the evening.

OH...I also just bought a basketball goal. So it looks like the neighborhood kids will have more use of it than I will now.

Baffled Icon_evil
You can bring the dog with you in the morning can't you? Also, remember that just because we have less sunlight down here, it's not like that for everyone else living in different parts of the world. Wink
See you tonight when it'll be dark. :P
Nothing worse than leaving for work in the dark and then coming home in the dark too. So depressing.

Since moving im much nearer work now so only dark one way !
i go for a walk in the nature preserve around the corner from my apt. after work. it gets dark very quicly now & daylite after 5 will be at a premium as we get closer to the winter solstice...but there's always springtime...
Dunno what I like most... "normal" time or "summer" time... but I definitely hate DST changes with every single cell of my body. Costs me a lot of work every year and it hasn't resulted in the reduction of power usage.
don't mind it at all...I'm a fan of the weird light and shadows you get during winter...plus the freshness in the air is pretty good...
I was born on the winter solstice, dislike daylight receding. Especially dark mornings. I do however enjoy most other aspects of autumn and winter, apart from Christmas nonsense and NYE 'celebration' fuckeries. Bah humbug
fucking hate it.
when i come home around 3pm, i can't really go skate if i wanna grab a little foodbite as it starts getting dark around 3:30pm or so :-/
days getting shorter, day by day.
fanu Wrote:i can't really go skate if i wanna grab a little foodbite

Should that not be lil' foodbite?

Teef

I also really dislike the lack of sunshine/vitamin D we have to endure during winter.
beckett Wrote:don't mind it at all...I'm a fan of the weird light and shadows you get during winter...plus the freshness in the air is pretty good...

Blue
i kinda like it
i quite like it too, makes me feel all warm and cosy

[Image: simpson04.gif]
i like it.

autumn rocks! Falcon
warm colours everywhere, fog, fresh weather, open fire at home. Cool
i do miss my bbq, i was gonna say - and sitting out in the garden in the evenings with a beer, but it's pissed rain here for most of the summer the past couple of years.
I love it. I get to drink good Fall/Winter beers, sit by a fireplace, and jam out some tunes. I sleep easier when it cools down as well. It's definitely my favorite season.
love it

and it's even darker and better here on the East Coast than back home in Cali
don't mind it....it fits with the season and gets me in the "hibernation" mood. In fact I think I dislike it more during the summer peak when it's only a few hours of dark and then its FUCKING SUN MORNING NOON AND NIGHT!! Mad
no but i hate everything else
I like it. I like the atmosphere when it's like this.

Anyway, there's only just over a month and half of it to go and it'll be getting lighter again.
waiting for summer Smile
i think the only purpose of DST would be to drive up energy usage and also to make peaple batshit crazy
djfada Wrote:no but i hate everything else

Lol

I like it TBH

I feel a lot more inspired to work on music, don't know why...
rickyforce Wrote:i feel a lot more inspired to work on music, don't know why...

Wave and Yes

darkness always works better when doing tunes .. put few candles on, some gin's and go! :d
Wave oi oi!

yeah big time, replace candles with joints and gin's with beer and thats me Smile
rickyforce Wrote:Wave oi oi!

yeah big time, replace candles with joints and gin's with beer and thats me Smile

gave up the joints llooooooooooong long time ago , so i fear i'll stick with the candles.... anyway, darkness works! Wink
Good man! Something I will do.....

More to the point, the darkness does indeed work Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evening Selection Statto 5 3,041 28th September 2017, 10:49
Last Post: widzhit
  Poll loss sparks leadership call Statto 1 1,479 25th July 2009, 09:56
Last Post: Van Glorious
  Obama's loss... RickyForce 4 1,434 30th October 2008, 15:46
Last Post: RickyForce
  [RADIO] Viidakkorumpu @ jungletrain.net every Thu evening docius 12 3,565 11th September 2008, 19:54
Last Post: docius
  [RADIO] Viidakkorumpu on Jungletrain every Thursday evening docius 2 1,546 21st March 2008, 11:43
Last Post: docius