This just became one of my favourite tunes ever

The Bookworm- Listen

OH MY GOD.

bukem at his best Yes

How did this tune escape my knowledge?!

I should be annoyed that I haven't heard this all this years (I'm only slightly serious with that comment), but how can I be when after many years listening to this music, an old tune appears in a mix, I look it up and it hits me like I'm very rarely hit by music?

That produced an endorphin rush almost unparalleled in my life. This is no hyperbole. What I just felt this morning was extreme joy. I mean, I'm happy at the moment in life anyway, and this tune probably combined with my mood to produce a better feeling, but nonetheless this tune exudes joy regardless of my state of mind/life.

I know that's all a bit personal to me, and naturally most of you won't care too much about that, because why would you, you don't know me that well (well, a few of you know me), but I had to just explain that.

The flipside is great too. Cool If you cant find the original vinyl which is quite rare/expensive now or if CD's are your thing it is also available on one of the GLR producer EP's.

Its one of the coolest things for a record collector when you stumble on a hidden gem like that. Smile

Absolute classic Lovesmilie

love that sample....

this could be the most important day of your life..........you listen to me!

JEDIcrying This tune is wonderful.

yeah - it is great.

Lovesmilie

still to this day it can move ya.

This could be the most important day of your life..... if.... you listen to me

What a fucking tune, one of my all time faves (along with the flip)

Heard them both on the Bukem Producer 05 - Rarities CD when i was about 13/14

Brilliant tunes, got the record for £15 a couple of years back, bargain Lovesmilie

Utopian Wrote:How did this tune escape my knowledge?!

I should be annoyed that I haven't heard this all this years (I'm only slightly serious with that comment), but how can I be when after many years listening to this music, an old tune appears in a mix, I look it up and it hits me like I'm very rarely hit by music?

That produced an endorphin rush almost unparalleled in my life. This is no hyperbole. What I just felt this morning was extreme joy. I mean, I'm happy at the moment in life anyway, and this tune probably combined with my mood to produce a better feeling, but nonetheless this tune exudes joy regardless of my state of mind/life.

I know that's all a bit personal to me, and naturally most of you won't care too much about that, because why would you, you don't know me that well (well, a few of you know me), but I had to just explain that.

Oh <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akeq42jwdWQ

That chord change near the end gets me every time.

Can someone explain why Horizons was so big and this wasn't?!

Utopian Wrote:Can someone explain why Horizons was so big and this wasn't?!

well the Maya Angelou sample from Bill Clinton's anugural day is pretty dope...and the synth riff is also dope...and everyone seemed to jump on any of those big tunes that used the "Do the Do" Break (Adam F - Circles, DJ SS - Lighter, Congo Natty - Fever etc etc) which ushered in a new non-amen era of dnb). If anything those Bookworm tunes were the precursor to "Horizons"

but still...Who Knows Vol.1 is massive...and got cained a lot...notably on really big bukem sets which I even managed to hear all the way in Toronto, Canada.

and if you consider the price this 12" fetches on ebay then I would say it's a pretty "big" tune for a lot of people.

not to mention that everytime ive played it for someone who hasn't heard it they fell inlove with it instantly.

j

0=0
[Image: siggy.jpg]
magdusia Wrote:I just can't take it...omg omg...I just..I just can't...

Great tune, good to see it appear on the Producer 05: Rarities CD too

Of course, all eyes are now on "Atmospheric Jubilancy" being released!
http://www.nu-urbanmusic.co.uk/?q=node/199

http://www.hardscore.com/articles/lazerdrome/

Equinox just played this on his jungletrain show!

Masterpiece. Lovesmilie

Great plate this, one of my faves.
Was chuffed when I got it on ebay after waiting a few years for a decent price, was about £12 in the end.

Not sure if I prefer Bookworm or Listen though

0=0 Wrote:well the Maya Angelou sample from Bill Clinton's anugural day is pretty dope...and the synth riff is also dope...and everyone seemed to jump on any of those big tunes that used the "Do the Do" Break (Adam F - Circles, DJ SS - Lighter, Congo Natty - Fever etc etc) which ushered in a new non-amen era of dnb). If anything those Bookworm tunes were the precursor to "Horizons"

but still...Who Knows Vol.1 is massive...and got cained a lot...notably on really big bukem sets which I even managed to hear all the way in Toronto, Canada.

and if you consider the price this 12" fetches on ebay then I would say it's a pretty "big" tune for a lot of people.

not to mention that everytime ive played it for someone who hasn't heard it they fell inlove with it instantly.
Good response.

I'm glad I didn't spend 20 quid on Discogs now. It's being re-released this coming weekMrgreen

havent heard this i a bit. it is a great tune Lovesmilie

been meaning to acquire this Chin

Isobar Wrote:The flipside is great too
Romantic jungleLovesmilie

"Don't flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is". I like that bit of speech.

The break is sounding nice in that too.

This 'Heaven' tune is amongst the happiest drum & bass I've experienced. Mrgreen

yeah, nice tune if its the one im thinking of. I love happening upon something you have not heard in ages and rediscovering its charm

Possibly Related Threads…
  your favourite tech-step tunes Stacks 191 65,161 11th July 2019, 06:10
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  Our Top 20 Favourite Ram Tunes. EVER. rachelknowledge 53 11,278 1st January 2017, 15:30
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  favourite TV theme tunes Statto 79 15,731 4th February 2016, 21:12
Last Post: firefinga
  favourite tunes from this year? rjv 8 2,726 22nd December 2009, 06:01
Last Post: Primorcon
  Favourite Pendulum tunes Utopian 36 6,351 8th February 2009, 02:42
Last Post: plume