What radio shows do you usually try to listen to?

24 Replies, 4644 Views

Radio/internet.

For me, I usually catch:

Code's Subtle Audio show on Jungletrain
Mary Anne Hobbs's Radio 1 'Experimental' show
Equinox's Scientific Wax show on Jungletrain
Ruffage Sessions on subfm.com (dubstep and stuff)

That's about it.
Unfortunately don't really get a chance anymore. Used to always isten to Mixing It and Late Junction on Radio 3
Late Junction is a pleasure. The only place I've heard Bulgarian folk music and techno on the same show.
Subfilter
Jungletrain ( sun 15:00-18:00GMT )

Such a pleasure waking up and tuning into Subfilter on a sunday. Always plays a nice variety of beats from the ultra-heavy to the ultra-cosmic. Very underrated DJ in my opinion who i'd like to see get more recognition and play outs.

Scientific Wax show
jungletrain ( alt sun 18:00-20:00GMT )

Equinox always manages to find and play an oldskool track that I had forgotten about. Best educational show for anyone that jumped on the dnb bus after 1995.

Rupture Sessions
ukbassradio ( tues 20:00-22:00GMT - occasionally longer )

Always a nice variety of the deeper beats on Double O & Mantra's shows and Double O's microphone banter makes u and the rest of the chatroom feel like part of a family..

DJ Fada
jungletrain ( mon 21:00-23:00GMT )

Always repping the proper stuff is Fada.. no talk.. pure beats!

Atmospheric Aesthetics
Jungletrain ( wed 18:00-20:00 )

Everything GLR and cosmic-related from the co-owner of the station. Great show for winding down and chilling to.

DJ Code
Jungletrain ( thurs 21:30-23:30GMT )

Love his shows, his track selection and his no-nonsense approach on the mic.. a professional presenter through and through.

B13A Show
jungletrain ( fri 02:00-04:00GMT )

Always full of the hardest beats this show. Shame the slot time is not more suiting to Europeans tho..

Outside of D&B...

Up All Night
BBC Radio 5 Live ( Daily 01:00-05:00GMT )

Great show that I unfortunately don't catch so much anymore. Very informative with topics of all forms. Tis bastardly addictive listening though and darn hard to switch off when you really should be getting some shut-eye...
Utopian Wrote:Late Junction is a pleasure. The only place I've heard Bulgarian folk music and techno on the same show.

haha deadly !

I presume you can listen online ? Must check it out sometime.

Over here, Donal Dineen has been carrying the torch for many years, on Irish TV station RTE 2 with the (now defunct) "No Disco" show and on the radio (Radio Ireland / Today FM) for 10 years or more now. First, he presented "Here Comes The Night" but later got moved to a later slot and now it's called "The Small Hours" ...

anyway, he plays a wide variety of stuff, from funk/soul to dubstep/techno to folk/indie to ambient and then the odd thing that you can't put a label on !

some setlists up here : http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekdays/Do.../Blog.aspx

go-on Donal !
(one small thing though, play some D&B Grin)

don't get to listen to much D&B / Jungle show's online...

but, when I do, it would be Equinox on Jungletrain on Sunday's - that's the most regular one for me.

ESB on Detuned Radio (Jungletrain) a good few times before too.
Yep Code, it's on the BBC iPlayer and broadcast on Radio 3.
I check various shows at various times depending on whether I'm around or not — there's no real predictability to it, although I usually pop in to ESB's detuned show on Friday night.

Esb
Make an effort to check ML's show on jungletrain, Bailey on 1xtra. Would like to make more effort to check Rupture, Equinox, Code, and everyone else, but don't always get the chance, too much work!
Lets make d+b special for 2009!
Oh yeah, it helped when they had that kind of calendar thing at the top. It's more of a pain now. I really want to check more of the Logos things as well because the last few times I heard them were exceedingly ruff!
Lets make d+b special for 2009!
RhythmicNature Wrote:it helped when they had that kind of calendar thing at the top.

who are they?
None Grin

Occasionally download Code's and Equinox's shows. Think yourselves lucky chaps Teef , you are my chosen ambassadors for d&b these days.

Time is my main enemy though. I have f uck all of it, hence why I don't listen to d&b much anymore.
Equinox Scientific Wax
Rupture Sessions
B13A Show
Dj Future Federation show
Dj Code Subtle Audio Show
subfilter
sci wax show
rupture sessions
ml
b1wa ( wen im awake )
code
0=0 smoothie show wen its on , was meant 2 be comin back
ruffskool
extreme (meant 2 be back soon also

used 2 randomly go through sopcast , used 2 find some wicked stuff randomly on there

not really keeping up with any these anymore, not enuff time int day and all that, allways tunes in2 jungletrain at 6pm on sunday though ,no matter wat
[Image: energy_29sep90.jpg]
Basically what everyone else here has already said:

Jungletrain - Sci Wax, Rupture, Subfilter, Fada, Code

Ukbassradio - Rupture (tuesdays)

Also try to catch ASC's show thats on Bassdrive every month i think (?) but always seem to miss out on it!
thursdays 8-10 Space Ear & ACG on Stressfactor Radio

then 10-12 Hades on KM Radio
are the people on here that lament the state of dnb today listening to these great shows? Chin
Bloody fine question.
antidote uk Wrote:Scientific Wax show

Equinox always manages to find and play an oldskool track that I had forgotten about. Best educational show for anyone that jumped on the dnb bus after 1995.

Rupture Sessions
ukbassradio ( tues 20:00-22:00GMT - occasionally longer )

Always a nice variety of the deeper beats on Double O & Mantra's shows and Double O's microphone banter makes u and the rest of the chatroom feel like part of a family..

^^ Them apples Lovesmilie

I try to catch Gilles Peterson - Worldwide and Benji B - Deviations when I can (usually on iplayer) Lovesmilie

That is all.
Got some Radio 3 Late Junction on now.
Always try to check the following:

Equinox Scientific Wax Show - Like going to school and liking the classes.
Rupture Sessions on Jungletrain - Always proper and Double O is golden pon the mic. Grin
BelowCLevel Show - Shameless self-promotion Teef

Also any other shows that are SC Affiliated Wink just really depends on my schedule. Was able to catch Reach Radio the other day and was quite a treat. Xyxthumbs
when i occasionally listen to radio its most showson JT. everyone plays something interesting on there. i do love josh hill's shows, plays some fuckin tearing tunes, and has a nice blend between old techy shit to blissed out ambient biz.

other radio stations i like, soma.fm, and fluidradio.co.uk
Equinox scientific wax show on JT, essential listening!!!!!
Rupture sessions on JT

Lab creation on lifefm.co.uk (thurdays 10-12)

Esb, Code, Fada also on JT.

Not as many shows now on the london fm dial, still get the odd good show on pirates, though not as many as year gone by.............

Bring back Fracture, Neptune, Focus, MC System, Dylan, Facs, B Key on Rude fm!!!!!!!

some good shows on housefm.net for those that like the deep soulful us/uk house music

as for the legal stations............
dare I say it, fabio on radio1

football commentry on BBC London
test match special on 5live extra
5 live football
DJ ML Wrote:Bring back........ Dylan........ Rude fm!!!!!!!

Dylan used to hurt me with his Rude FM shows. Still got a very worn out tape recording of the station airing one of his brutal mixtapes in between shows.. used to loop source direct and 90 mins of sickness all night long Smile

I do miss pirate stations.. had a huge impact on my life when I left London back in 99... Icon_sad
Diwa & Stranjah tonite.. jungletrain.net Smile
my absolute favourite on JT is the Ruffskool boyos

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CINTAMANI RADIO SHOWS Bassix 1 1,781 20th February 2018, 19:56
Last Post: Bassix
  458 full John Peel shows to listen to Matt 11 11,138 9th March 2017, 00:42
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  Radio Frontline Weekender (14th-16th Feb) New shows from Clarky & Champa B antidote uk 0 1,395 12th February 2014, 16:16
Last Post: antidote uk
  Radio Frontline Oldskool W/end 31st-2nd - with more new shows from oldskool legends! antidote uk 3 2,563 1st February 2014, 18:59
Last Post: stemface
  This is how most of radio shows should be like! widzhit 1 1,299 13th August 2008, 19:05
Last Post: Statto