A tune at 170bpm

New track from myself and Bavelja.

http://soundcloud.com/compositeone/dive-...ng-bavelja

All feed back welcome. Cool

LINK FIXED - Thx pofik for pointing that out. Smile

Can't access the page matey. Do I need to register to be able to enjoy?

Sounds pretty much like this new exit/darkestral DnB that`s in fashion...although surely better...synth line is pretty cool! makes an atmosphere...
it`s just that i expected something really weird ))
but i like...especially the second drop! this one sure is dreamy !

compositeone Wrote:something kinda different

hex4gon Wrote:Sounds pretty much like this new exit/darkestral DnB that`s in fashion

My thoughts too... how about

compositeone Wrote:something pretty much like this new kinda DnB that`s in fashion

Xyxthumbs

rondema Wrote:
compositeone Wrote:something kinda different

hex4gon Wrote:Sounds pretty much like this new exit/darkestral DnB that`s in fashion

My thoughts too... how about

compositeone Wrote:something pretty much like this new kinda DnB that`s in fashion

Xyxthumbs

Was that meant to be constructive or are you just mouthing off?

Nothing is created in a vacuum.

I like this

Grin

When you said 'something different' I read that to mean 'something different to what you normally do'.

Nice vibe on this

Xyxthumbs

random smily time:

[Image: icon115.gif]

Wasn't really trying to go for weird. Just wanted to do something atmospheric with plenty of musical lines and no classic kick/snare combinations. Yes most of my other stuff has the sort of beat patterns that have come to be synonymous with drum and bass.

On a different note I think that in comparison to most drum and bass it does sound "a bit different", but when creating the thread it was certainly within my own sphere music production that I was coming from.

Thanks for the feedback.

compositeone Wrote:but when creating the thread it was certainly within my own sphere music production that I was coming from.

Cool

It's always good to try different things, and evolve as an artist.
I try to, but they always end up sounding like 'me' Lol

Nice tunes I've heard of yours int he past too by the way Smile

compositeone Wrote:I think that in comparison to most drum and bass it does sound "a bit different", but when creating the thread it was certainly within my own sphere music production that I was coming from.

Not really... 'Dive' has a similar feel to both 'Factory Floor' and 'The Six' just without the complex percussive elements.

compositeone Wrote:Was that meant to be constructive or are you just mouthing off?

Mouthing off to a degree but this kind of minimal sound isn't really doing it for me.. some stuff in this 'genre' is really good, a lot of other stuff I find mind numbing and soulless.

Regarding the track..I like the intro, the rythm is nice as are the pads. Not keen on the drawn out growly bass line.
I dislike the sitar (?) that comes in at 4:30

I'm not a massive fan of your stuff but I felt I had to justify my first post.. I spent some time listening to and evaluating your music - plus as a fellow resident of the second city I felt you deserved it.

compositeone Wrote:Nothing is created in a vacuum.

Suction?

different to what exactly?

@rondema Attempting to justify your first post really wasn't worth it as you were clearly just taking the piss, plus my question was rhetorical anyway...

If you had said that I had failed in doing something different to my previous stuff then I would have taken that as your feedback. Fairly pointless, as its obviously the tune that I'm asking for feedback on, but I could accept that as feedback.

Personally I think the vibe is a lot more hopeful in this compared to my other tracks and there is a lot more development in the musical lines than any of my other music, plus as you said its a different beat. Surprisingly I seem to find myself in a similar situation then to Euphony. I have always struggled to hear the common ground between my stuff in terms of "the sound" but obviously others hear this more than I do which is great. Wood for the trees and all that crap. I guess this is why we post these things in the first place. I have always wanted to have "that" characteristic which permeates through my stuff but never felt like I have managed it.

There was actually some debate over the synth that you don't like. In some respects I thought it was a little sharp, or I suppose from your guess at a sitar that its maybe a bit too plucked. We felt like it needed to be something along these lines to cut through as the new main line but obviously this exact sound wasn't to your taste. Surprised about the bass though, I actually took out a lot of the growl.

Nozkram Wrote:different to what exactly?

Jelly.

EDIT: Thread title changed in an attempt to stop other people missing the point...

Warning: Rambling response incoming Grin

Thanks for the fixed link. The stuff people post on these forums helps me through my various (very long) work shifts.

I'd be interested to hear what this would sound like with the intro atmospheric sound dropped an octave (though it might suck, its an idle thought). I'm not an expert on the various substyle microcosms of DnB flavours so I can't give you any awesome insights as to where it fits within the genre. That said, why give a fuck about rigidly adhering to a genre, just go where your muse takes you. If you produce something 'in a particular style' I wouldn't worry about defending it.

As a piece of music, I quite liked it though it didn't press my "wildly excited" button. The pinch of salt with which you should take this comment is that DnB is not my style of choice and I enjoy it only very casually.

rondema Wrote:
compositeone Wrote:Nothing is created in a vacuum.

Suction?

Suction relies on the difference in pressure inside and outside of the material providing the suction so still not something that works in pure vacuum. Still, was an interesting few seconds thinking about that Smile

Roo Stercogburn Wrote:I'm not an expert on the various substyle microcosms of DnB flavours so I can't give you any awesome insights as to where it fits within the genre. That said, why give a fuck about rigidly adhering to a genre, just go where your muse takes you. If you produce something 'in a particular style' I wouldn't worry about defending it.

I totally agree with you. This thread ended up going in a completely different direction to anything I had envisaged. It was one of those things where you write something casually in a thread title and then wish you hadn't because people go so far from the point.

We're still talking about your music so it's all good Grin

Im liking it mate, very chilled with a nice atmoshpere

Possibly Related Threads…
  170bpm jungle track, melodic and rough gremino 5 692 17th June 2020, 08:22
Last Post: rings around saturn