Golden Ratio discovered in quantum world

6 Replies, 3474 Views

astounding stuff

"Researchers from the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie (HZB, Germany), in cooperation with colleagues from Oxford and Bristol Universities, as well as the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, UK, have for the first time observed a nanoscale symmetry hidden in solid state matter. They have measured the signatures of a symmetry showing the same attributes as the golden ratio famous from art and architecture."

http://www.physorg.com/news182095224.html

[Image: goldenratiod.jpg]

to get up to speed -

*quantum critical points - a state that exists when a material is at the cusp of transitioning from one quantum phase to another. Unlike ice going to water which is a thermal transition, this is a property of the subatomic scale, a purely quantum mechanical state. This occurs at as close as you can get to absolute zero.

*Ferromagnetism - the basic mechanism by which certain materials (such as iron) form permanent magnets

*quantum uncertainty (heisenberg) is introduced through neutron scattering, and in turn the molecule or atom is played like an instrument
awesome Smile
crazy...
the golden ratio: (a + b)/a = a/b
wish i could truly appreciate the import of that, but my degree is in linguistics.

cool though Xyxthumbs
From a past thread August 08'

- The Amen Break and the Golden Ratio

http://subvertcentral.com/forum/showthre...lden+ratio

The only reason I posted such a ridiculously obscure, strange, but amazing thing like this up here

its amen related yo

[Image: AmenBrother.gif]

but...

[Image: 2514283256_028f7dee02.jpg]

its close.... but probably just a coincidence since we like to see patterns and point to them like monkeys! What do you think.....

[Image: icon_monkey.gif]
^ I think I like that monkey Smile

Reminds me of me back in my monkey days Smile
Very interesting read by the way Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE OUT NOW: VARIOUS ARTISTS - QUANTUM 5 (Omni102) Euphony 0 647 5th June 2022, 07:41
Last Post: Euphony
  RELEASE OUT NOW: VARIOUS ARTISTS - QUANTUM 4 (Omni098) Euphony 0 661 10th April 2022, 07:19
  RELEASE OUT NOW: SHEBUZZZ - GOLDEN ANTELOPE RESHAPED (Omni096) Euphony 0 572 5th December 2021, 08:44
  Scientists ‘reverse time’ with quantum computer Statto 4 2,619 19th March 2019, 03:43
Last Post: Muttley
  A Certain Ratio info needed mully 19 11,925 5th March 2019, 13:19
Last Post: Statto