Writing a Drum Score

8 Replies, 2369 Views

I need to write a drum score for session drummer to play. The original parts are loops that i have edited together and contain dynamics and accents and so on.

I can score a simple drum beat but how do i accent a hi hat? or a snare? How do i score a hat or an open hat?

Thanks in advance
would the drummer not be able to help, if they're the ones playing it?
Big project, not contact with the drummer. I've pretty much worked it out now. But now i need to find out how to write a drum score in cubase as oppose to musical note. I need the crosses and shit.
what version you using?

in the SX incarnations you had to change some settings:

Scores > Staff Settings > Setup > Options > Use Score Drum Map > Apply

i think in the new versions you can change the MIDI track type to "drum score" also, that may change it?
Sorry, it's actually Neundo 3
from ze nuendo manual

"You access the score drum map from the Global Settings submenu
on the Scores menu."

"For the drum map settings to actually be used in the score, you need
to activate the Use Score Drum Map checkbox. This is found in two
places: in the Staff Settings dialog (Options tab) and in the Score
Drum Map Settings dialog. Note that these two checkboxes are duplicates
– activating one of them will automatically activate the other and
vice versa."

page 277 onwards in this pdf:

ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/Download/Nuendo_...inting.pdf
Accents are done with ^ over the note. Not sure if Cubase translates midi velocity to the score though, like I said I haven't ever used it much.

Good luck mate...
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Sibelius to the rescue
Xyxthumbs !
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Contact Video and Score MetaLX 0 659 6th March 2012, 18:08
Last Post: MetaLX
  Foci's Left - Clearing The Air, Or Writing Letters To Ourselves Muttley 12 5,911 30th June 2011, 15:54
Last Post: Muttley
  Lets get statto to post Smileys by writing words Paradigm X 11 2,681 25th February 2009, 19:11
Last Post: cheef
  Big writing Düffah 12 1,627 19th November 2007, 16:53
Last Post: amon''
  Ghost Writing in the UK Hip Hop Scene Prema's Word 20 3,565 26th July 2007, 17:48
Last Post: Prema's Word