Logic Ultra beat

6 Replies, 2955 Views

Do any of you guys use this Inst?

When you have in step sequencer, how can you then record that, I was trying to see if i could then lay it down somehow in the midi notes or wtv.. But it didnt really work.. I dont actually think you can translate it to midi that I know of, so would making a bounce be the only way?

Am I explaining this right? Baffled
yes mate it can be done!

i think you literally click and drag from your step sequence area to your ultrabeat track on the main arrange page, drop it in, and it creates a midi event containing your beat. Or something like that Smile but it defo can be done...
Yes it is exactly as he says. You just drag out of ultrabeat and into the arrange window.
There is a tempting little widget which is just for this purpose. I believe it is in the bottom left corner of the interface iirc.
Cool thanks!
Can you load different hits into each key on here? LIke when you open a kit change it about to have the samples you want to start off with? or your own?

Also Can you explain how next to each sample there is an output. Can you explain that is that a send or a bus or what its going to?

Id like to be able to re route them out to different sends for diff eq settings.
There is a special kit (called drag and drop kit I think) for building your own kits.
As for multiple outs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngDeSgdsBuI
ultrabeat is powerful but i've never had the patience to persist with it... all those tiny tiny little windows, multi-coloured tabs and intricate controls makes the GUI = Banghead As mentioned on the other thread, Battery does a similar job but feels (for me) much more friendly and quick to operate. Big pads, copy and paste, big graphic view of each waveform etc.