Tim Reaper's Promised Land Minimix For Everyday Junglist

59 Replies, 11094 Views

TTKK.
[Image: pl3pr.jpg]
nice one, some quality tunes on that album. I've got it as well...
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/
The first two were all deejay lucky spin. Vol. 1 in particular had some great tunes. Vol. 3 was a bit more compilation cash-in-tastic I reckon.
droid Wrote:Vol. 3 was a bit more compilation cash-in-tastic I reckon.
How so? As in the third disc?
In that it was kind of a pick and mix as opposed to a label showcase.
droid Wrote:In that it was kind of a pick and mix as opposed to a label showcase.
Disc 2 was the label showcase, with only Dee Jay tracks on it, whereas Disc 3 had all sorts on it.
I sat here scratching my head for ages wondering what on earth you were both talking about. I bought the vinyl version back then, so just got it off the shelf and was looking at it, and reading the comments about 'disc 2' thinking 'eh? all 4 plates are Dee Jay tunes'.

Finally discovered (through discogs) that the CD version is a 4 CD set and CD number 2 is what the 4 x vinyl version is! D'oh!
Lol I was talking about the vinyl as well! Who buys CD jungle compilations on discogs??
droid Wrote:Who buys CD jungle compilations on discogs??
Me sometimes Smile I beg your pardon Lol
Do you people think I can balance 4 vinyls on my head?! Hahaha
I reckon I could balance all those compilations in the bin without too much trouble Wink
rondema Wrote:I reckon I could balance all those compilations in the bin without too much trouble Wink
What?!!??!
Tim Reaper Wrote:Do you people think I can balance 4 vinyls on my head?! Hahaha

You have a giant head don't you?
Tim Reaper Wrote:
rondema Wrote:I reckon I could balance all those compilations in the bin without too much trouble Wink
What?!!??!

The first compilation has some great tunes - 'angels in dub' amongst others. The second and third ones (on vinyl) were a bit meh.
droid Wrote:Lol I was talking about the vinyl as well! Who buys CD jungle compilations on discogs??

me sir

it was a cheaper way to get a bit of an oldskool collection going at first

to be fair though i have ended up buying most of my favourtie stuff again from them on wax so maybe it wasnt such a cheap alternative at all
Tim Reaper Wrote:Do you people think I can balance 4 vinyls on my head?! Hahaha

No, but then it's Brian Harvey's head in the photo anyway
Fada Wrote:
droid Wrote:Lol I was talking about the vinyl as well! Who buys CD jungle compilations on discogs??

me sir

it was a cheaper way to get a bit of an oldskool collection going at first

to be fair though i have ended up buying most of my favourtie stuff again from them on wax so maybe it wasnt such a cheap alternative at all

Mental. Its like buying C64 games on tape when you could just use an emulator instead... or something.
or like buying those old lucas arts games that were originally on floppy on some 2 on 1 cd-rom re-release, day of the tentacle anyone?
Tim Reaper Wrote:
What?!!??!

Droid said it for me basically! Whilst there are some absolute corkers, there is more chaff than wheat (first volume included if I rightly recall) - IMO obviously. Perhaps the golden era had already passed by the time these comps were released, for me at least.

Tick tick tick tick tick tick. Roll

However.. it may be best to ignore me since I've given up smoking (again) - Fada knows Teef

I love CDs btw.. I have virtually every CD Reinforced ever released including the bukem rare CD single of Nasty Habits - Nasty as I Wanna Be. Foolish of me really as the vinyls are bound to outlast the CD by several orders of magnitude.. but my vinyl/deck are in storage like much of the rest of my former life.

CDs however are in the dining room Xyxthumbs
rondema Wrote:
Tim Reaper Wrote:
What?!!??!

Droid said it for me basically! Whilst there are some absolute corkers, there is more chaff than wheat (first volume included if I rightly recall) - IMO obviously. Perhaps the golden era had already passed by the time these comps were released, for me at least.

Tick tick tick tick tick tick. Roll

However.. it may be best to ignore me since I've given up smoking (again) - Fada knows Teef

I love CDs btw.. I have virtually every CD Reinforced ever released including the bukem rare CD single of Nasty Habits - Nasty as I Wanna Be. Foolish of me really as the vinyls are bound to outlast the CD by several orders of magnitude.. but my vinyl/deck are in storage like much of the rest of my former life.

CDs however are in the dining room Xyxthumbs
First volume included!?!?!?!?!?!
But that came out in 1996!
Yeah.. I'm a fussy old fucker Trim! The period of inspired creativity was 92-94.. maybe 91-95..
Pay no attention to release dates either, tunes were dropping 6-12 months or more before they saw releases in most cases.

By the time the term 'Drum n Bass' was adopted the raw originality was already gone!

I keep wanting to add the proviso 'IMO' all over the place, but fuck it... it's a fact.
Tunes like Ginetix - All Torn Up and Wax Doctor - The Saint (for example) couldn't have been written at any point in time other than 1993. I loved 1993. Shit that is almost two decades back now :longinthetooth:

Kisskiss

Aside - just about to grab me a ticket to kick it at the next Rupture.. can't fail to chew your ear off at that one if you're down!
Why has no one asked the vital question yet of why Tim is balancing CD's on his head!!?! Lol
Hahaha

Have hi-top fades made a come back now then?

It's about time they did.

[Image: Cover.jpg]
rondema Wrote:Yeah.. I'm a fussy old fucker Trim! The period of inspired creativity was 92-94.. maybe 91-95..
Pay no attention to release dates either, tunes were dropping 6-12 months or more before they saw releases in most cases.

By the time the term 'Drum n Bass' was adopted the raw originality was already gone!

I keep wanting to add the proviso 'IMO' all over the place, but fuck it... it's a fact.
Tunes like Ginetix - All Torn Up and Wax Doctor - The Saint (for example) couldn't have been written at any point in time other than 1993. I loved 1993. Shit that is almost two decades back now :longinthetooth:

Kisskiss

Aside - just about to grab me a ticket to kick it at the next Rupture.. can't fail to chew your ear off at that one if you're down!

No The first higher limits/deejay compilation was 'rough and rugged' which was 95/96 and its absolutely killer, the problem with promised land was that they were all themed around the lighter side of the label, it was their attempt at artcore.
droid Wrote:No The first higher limits/deejay compilation was 'rough and rugged' which was 95/96 and its absolutely killer, the problem with promised land was that they were all themed around the lighter side of the label, it was their attempt at artcore.

Fair enough, I was referring to the Promised Land CD really, and even then it's been a long long time since I've heard it. I mainly remember it featured 'Circles' which in itself was reason to dislike it..

I'll stop preaching and go and research 'Rough and Rugged' Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TIM REAPER jungle & hardcore set in The Lab LDN Spectraz 5 1,939 10th January 2023, 16:56
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  Why isn't Tim Reaper's tour in North America not being pubbed more? Divine Ruler 1 985 6th May 2022, 19:00
Last Post: Statto
  RELEASE Law & Wheeler, Tim Reaper, Trex - Taste The Indifference EP (Transmute) Statto 1 2,339 20th October 2017, 01:06
Last Post: Muttley
  RELEASE Tim Reaper feat. Parallel on Blu Marten Rec. firefinga 0 1,351 21st March 2017, 17:00
Last Post: firefinga
  SUBTLE020 - Mecca & Code + BUSTLE005 - Tim Reaper / Cloak & Dagger :: NEW VINYL !!! Code 33 7,896 25th August 2015, 11:55
Last Post: Code