mutek 2012 (annual mutek thread)

2 Replies, 1378 Views

any non-montrealers headed this way?

http://www.mutek.org/en/festival/2012
Highlights so far :

Jeff Mills / Monolake / Shackleton on Thursday night.

Didn't catch too much of Shackleton's set, but I liked what I did hear.
The music in Monolake's set was great, but very stop / start - breaks of a few seconds between each track (waiting for Statto to give this the thumbs up!)
I've waited quite a while to see Jeff Mills live and he didn't disappoint - lots of "Sleeper Wakes" style techno with good energy in the mixing !

Probably the best set of all was A Guy Called Gerald last night - House, Techno, Breakbeat, Drum & Bass / Jungle (including a new techy / dubstep bassline style thing which was really, really good!) and then back into techno before the end. All delivered with a sense of fun (he was getting on the mic and that) and he even showed off some dance moves in front of his setup every now and again - loved it !

FINALLY some Jungle at Mutek !!!
Gerald was outstanding!

Robin Fox's Laser show was **by far** the best "spectacle" this year...

http://www.mutek.org/en/festival/2012/ar...-robin-fox

Apart from that I didn't see anything a/v-ish that blew me away (not like last year's Amon Tobin, Murcof, and Plasticman performances). Tim Hecker and Stephen O'Malley's wall of sound in a church was really massive...glad I have fitted earplugs tho!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the annual vinyl pressing question... KKND 0 1,827 16th February 2015, 18:07
Last Post: KKND
  Brand new Uncle Dugs #RCFF Annual double CD out today (pre sale) uncle dugs 4 3,971 25th November 2014, 20:07
Last Post: Statto
  euro 2012 thread fiasko 24 6,829 12th June 2012, 03:38
Last Post: Fada
  2012 Forthcoming Omni Music Thread..Jungle, Ambient, DNB and strange things... Euphony 7 6,066 21st February 2012, 20:10
Last Post: Euphony
  The Mutek 2011 Thread esb 30 5,705 11th June 2011, 00:54
Last Post: esb