Shipping from the UK to Canada

7 Replies, 4071 Views

There's no way 4 12"s costs 20 pounds to ship.

Can anyone confirm before I make an ass out of myself?

Should be like, 13ish right?

Blasphemy!
Prices have gone right up. Its £7.75 for one 12" and about £1.75/£2 for each 12" after. So about £13/£14.

Its even more expensive buying from the US or canada and shipping here!
Just saw you said £13 ha ha. Yep thats about right.
US to UK just jumped nearly 50% this year. Went from £8 to about £12 for one 12". They did it in response to the postal system loosing money, but now they'll just exacerbate the issue when no on can afford it. Grumble
I'm just praying the Irish postal system stays as it is !
Got 4 vinyls coming out in the next few months and at least if it stays as is, they will be affordable for more o the people.

€4.85 for one 12" (to anywhere in the world)
€10.40 for 2 - 4 records (anywhere in the world)
€16.60 for 4 - 8 records (anywhere in the world)

rates are even cheaper than that for 2 - 8 records within Europe.

Canada (where I'm based right now) is pretty damn expensive... for 1 record from Canada to the US it's over $10 !
Anyone know if UPS or FedEX is any cheaper?
InfiniteSloth Wrote:US to UK just jumped nearly 50% this year. Went from £8 to about £12 for one 12". They did it in response to the postal system loosing money, but now they'll just exacerbate the issue when no on can afford it. Grumble
I really limited what i but from the US now as most are charging $18 a 12" I realise its not the sellers taking the piss but most of the time its just not worth it.
US to Canada is awful. With records its not so bad. It's still cheaper from the uk a lot of the time (and the records are cleaner...), but with electronics you get gouged deep. I got charged 30 bucks recently on a 40 dollar order that couldn't have weighed more than a pound.

... anyway...

thanks subverts! I called the guy out on it, he seems nice enough.

"uk postal charges have increased in a big way recently- this is the price I have been quoted- a courier is only slightly cheaper but more difficult to arrange so I would have to charge the same."

I'll try getting something from someone else and see what's up. Bummed, he had a copy of that tekken ep and this for sale:

Sad2

Edit:

Problem solved!

Someone else had the tekken ep, the advocate, a timeless promo i've been hunting and a 12" comp with a bunch of dj crystl on it. And most importantly, proper shipping.

Balance has returned to the force.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE Dissymmetrical Vinyl 03 (READY FOR SHIPPING) Limit/Asymmetric 0 1,273 23rd February 2019, 03:49
Last Post: Limit/Asymmetric
  So what's Canada really like? ALPHA OMEGA 111 33,075 26th July 2016, 16:01
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  UK shipping fees widzhit 5 2,778 12th November 2015, 18:26
Last Post: Euphony
  All Pinecone Moonshine vinyl is "Pay What You Want" (+ shipping) InfiniteSloth 144 38,732 4th May 2015, 12:19
Last Post: Muttley
  boards of canada bobule 59 19,561 6th January 2014, 17:45
Last Post: Kermit McBollocks