So, this kind soul at BC Recommender has made 100 personalised recs based on my music

5 Replies, 4754 Views

"Hi Mick,

I came across your fan profile on Bandcamp, and wanted to reach out and get your personal feedback on a project I'm building to generate personalised Bandcamp recommendations.

The key motivation for this project is to aid music discovery, going beyond the tools that Bandcamp currently provides. As such, each Bandcamp fan with a public profile has a list of recommended tracks and albums based on music that they purchased or wishlisted. This list gets updated periodically. Your personal list is available at http://www.bcrecommender.com/fans/focisleft

At this stage, I'm interested in gathering feedback from active Bandcamp users such as yourself. I'd be grateful if you could reply to this message with any thoughts you may have. Example questions: Do you like the concept? How good were the recommendations? Is there anything you didn't like? Do you have any suggestions for improvement?

Finally, if you like the project, I'd be grateful if you could share it with others who may be interested in it, and/or link to it from your site.

Cheers,
Yanir"

Woot
Bandcamp Lovesmilie

So how relevant were the recommendations this early in his project?
I've listened to the first 3 so far (from tonight). The first rec is a sample track from Brian Grainger (Milieu's) "Working Man's Drone" series which also fits your drone composition thread. The full works is $40, but the recommended track $6. It's really good, and similar to "An Upwards Slope" and "Decompress The Magnet" off my first album. The second is completely different, focusing on footwork fusion sounds, which I imagine he's included from listening to my (always slower than 170 BPM) jungle tracks. The third is a real oddity by Artbreaker, sounds of distant jungle loops and gabba basses and white noise to continue the theme. In brief, everything is relevant; I'm more interested in the track chronology and titles for all the tracks synchronising with the music and comparable idiosyncrasies between releases.
More up this moneth.
Digging into this again.

muttleymarked
I really am beginning to feel grateful for having lots of win in my life. That's down to 90% of external circumstances created by others being kind to me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE Faith based musics - oddities & greats +ToRMeNT+ 3 3,591 24th November 2019, 06:53
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
Smile Lossless Music & Soul Intent present Dope Plates soul intent 0 2,461 20th April 2016, 13:20
Last Post: soul intent
  RELEASE FL (Focis Left) - DasClaviDiaries (8 Track Clavinova DL Diary Based On TDD 2)) Muttley 3 3,567 1st December 2015, 10:43
Last Post: Muttley
  NEWS 100 Expressions Of Music Muttley 2 1,044 27th October 2015, 10:22
Last Post: Muttley
  Lossless Music Podcast 03 mixed by Soul Intent Lossless Music 0 1,823 25th May 2015, 13:06
Last Post: Lossless Music