Wax Doctor sampled Tears For Fears! (edit *** Talkin' Heads)

42 Replies, 13063 Views

Anyone remember that tune by the Wax Doctor on the Enforcers 6 picture disk on Reinforced? Came out back in '94. "The Saint" was the name of it...

Just discovered there recently that the break is swiped from the intro to a Tears for Fears tune... my mate is a big fan of Tears for Fears and was showing me the tune saying "Wouldn't this be a cool drum sample" !!!

... damn Wax Doctor getting there before us!
now get the break for us! Hahaha
Bigstick what tears for fears track is that?
Phokus Wrote:Icon_razzrod: What Tears for Fears track is that?

I don't know but I can find out tonight... the guy lives with me, I'll ask him later...

It's a fairly simple break but the sound of the drum hits are a little wierd which makes it worth sampling.
Xyxthumbs
There's a darkish dancefloor track currently doing the rounds that samples a Tear For Fears track off the Songs For The Big Chair LP.

Vocal big "Tiiiiiiiime fliiiiiiies" Cracking original track and works quite well in the d&b track.
WiLSHY Wrote:There's a darkish dancefloor track currently doing the rounds that samples a Tear For Fears track off the Songs For The Big Chair LP.

Vocal big "Tiiiiiiiime fliiiiiiies" Cracking original track and works quite well in the d&b track.

i remember that track. if i remember correctly that was the track
where they where trying to sound like the beatles or something.
'sowing the seeds of love' was the big beatles rip-off track. God it was shite.

Stacks
[Image: banner2_590.jpg]
[Image: swbanner.gif]
[Image: BB_banner3.gif]
god, big chair and the hurting were such good records... how could they go from that to "sowing the seeds" ?
esb Wrote:i remember that track. if i remember correctly that was the track
where they where trying to sound like the beatles or something.

Hmmm, far more electronic than the Beatles. Heavy album and wicked track. Far better than anything by the Beatles IMO!!!
better than the beatles? are you off your rocker?
HAHA I knew I would cause controversy with that comment. But yeah I will stick by it. I'm afraid, even as a Brit, I have no interest or like towards The Beatles.
tears for fears - the hurting ....wiked album!!

Xyxthumbs

all about "change"!!!!
Tears For Fears

Roll
i can't remember any of their songs except the hits, but i was huge into tears for fears when i was growing up. great stuff Applause

back to 'the saint', i love that song so much. i eagerly anticipate your revealing of the break source
now i have the shite that is tears for fears stuck in my head! Cuss
Co..Cou...Could you possibly rewind and come again?
Hahaha
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
they were very good but nowhere near as good as the beatles.

No
'There's no such thing as selling out just buying in'

Chuck D
ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:they were very good

Roll
Tears for Fears?

[Image: poopslayer.gif]
All you people slaggin' Tears for Fears - have you actually heard some of their not so popular stuff? Some of it is pretty impressive!

By the way - anyone know where that "Angel" vocal in the Wax Doctor tune comes from ? So niiiiice!
Code Wrote:Anyone remember that tune by the Wax Doctor on the Enforcers 6 picture disk on Reinforced? Came out back in '94. "The Saint" was the name of it...

Just discovered there recently that the break is swiped from the intro to a Tears for Fears tune... my mate is a big fan of Tears for Fears and was showing me the tune saying "Wouldn't this be a cool drum sample" !!!

Hmmmm. Are you sure it's not a break from Talking Heads, Codicus old son...?

I'm positibe that someone uses a break from them (might be from 'Remain In Light' LP but I could certainly be wrong) on Enforcers 6...
Now Talking Heads were BAAAAAAAADDDDD!!!!!!!!

Once in a lifetime= Lovesmilie
'There's no such thing as selling out just buying in'

Chuck D
Naphta Wrote:
Code Wrote:Anyone remember that tune by the Wax Doctor on the Enforcers 6 picture disk on Reinforced? Came out back in '94. "The Saint" was the name of it...

Hmmmm. Are you sure it's not a break from Talking Heads, Codicus old son...?

I'm positibe that someone uses a break from them (might be from 'Remain In Light' LP but I could certainly be wrong) on Enforcers 6...

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

Yer right Naphta! Hahaha

Yup! ... and there's me defending Tears for Fears!!! (Though I do like the song of theirs used in Donnie Darko!)

Ahem...

Ooops!
Code Wrote:SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

Yer right Naphta! Hahaha

Yup! ... and there's me defending Tears for Fears!!! (Though I do like the song of theirs used in Donnie Darko!)

Ahem...

Ooops!

You wanna brush up on your 80s old son.....

Although Remain In Light might even be 70s....... Statto????

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE R & S ReReleases Wax Doctor, Outlander firefinga 1 2,032 30th May 2018, 23:17
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  Fears & Phobias - what are YOU afraid of? NSFW...? +ToRMeNT+ 6 3,522 27th January 2016, 00:59
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  The Wax Doctor Thread Code 54 11,168 12th May 2015, 23:55
Last Post: stemface
  Wax Doctor - "Q Certain Thoughts" release Code 31 15,618 10th November 2013, 12:59
Last Post: Dinsdale
  Scientific Wax 019 - Bkey EP / Scientific Wax Retro 005 - Equinox/Nebula (Out Now) DIB 10 9,807 8th November 2013, 15:13
Last Post: bethom23