Fantomas

11 Replies, 882 Views

Saw Fantomas tonight, totally amazing. Mike Patton and Dave Lombardo are off the chains. I especially liked Dave's playing of cymbals with a bow. I don't think I've ever seen a band perform in that manner, it was really incredible. Mike Patton continues to prove to me that he is a total genius. Go see them play if you have not before. I think they are coming to Europe later this year, maybe over the summer.
"We have done electronic accidents. And it is also possible to damage your mind. But this is the risk one takes. We have power. It just depends on what you do with it." - Kraftwerk, in Lester Bangs' "Kraftwerkfeature"
ive seen em.. pretty fucken good live i must say.
i have to see em, a friend of mine told me it was one of the best bands he ever saw live! (and he's seen a lot!)

got the cd and love it!!! Falcon
hmmm
how is this in relation to Tomahawk?
john doe Wrote:hmmm

Very different. Tomahawk is a rock band, Fantomas is experimental death metal + film scores + freejazz + cartoon music and everything in between. IMHO it's a bit too artsy-fartsy, if it wasn't for the famous band members probably nobody would care about them Wink
littleNemo Wrote:
john doe Wrote:hmmm

Very different. Tomahawk is a rock band, Fantomas is experimental death metal + film scores + freejazz + cartoon music and everything in between. IMHO it's a bit too artsy-fartsy, if it wasn't for the famous band members probably nobody would care about them Wink

Depends on if you are into artsy fartsy stuff. I'm into a lot of Mike Patton's stuff, quite a bit of it could be called artsy. Adult Themes for Voice is a particularly good listen, a few tracks at a time. Of course, I've also been driving around listening to random AM radio static in my car for the past couple of days.
"We have done electronic accidents. And it is also possible to damage your mind. But this is the risk one takes. We have power. It just depends on what you do with it." - Kraftwerk, in Lester Bangs' "Kraftwerkfeature"
jealous as hell massive say aye.........
seeing em play tommorow, my friend Charles is opening for them on this tour (he does cool loungey cut up weird stuff as End aka Giorgio Marauder) & Melt Banana is playing too, needless to say I'm stoked!!! Twisted
Dave Lombardo!

there's also a band w/him Mike Patton and John Zorn

Patton screams through about 8 different mics with various effects, it's tits.
currently listening to amenaza al mundo

Falcon
seeing them at ATP Icon_yippee
devnull Wrote:seeing em play tommorow, my friend Charles is opening for them on this tour (he does cool loungey cut up weird stuff as End aka Giorgio Marauder) & Melt Banana is playing too, needless to say I'm stoked!!! Twisted

ends 'sounds of disaster' is one of my fave breakcore mashup sampletastic favourites, the part in 'you live only once' that has first a long mötörhead sample from ace of spades and then brutal gabba kick attack gets a rewind for at least three times everytime i hear it.

oh, and fantomas is nice too Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fantomas and Melvins big band DVD Nozkram 1 405 24th November 2009, 12:00
Last Post: Statto
  The Fantomas Ashes 7 611 3rd November 2008, 08:43
Last Post: strike
  Fantomas Melvins Big Band Unsane 2 453 2nd May 2006, 11:17
Last Post: erbanta