Subvert Central

Full Version: Denmark - Sweden
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The game just started...
Denmark is the better team I am afraid. Icon_cry
1-0 - Thomasson '27

Icon_sad
halftime.
c'mon Sweden!!! Henki Henki Henki!!
Poorly taken penalty; right down the middle! Grin

And Italy have equalised against Bulgaria!
1-1

Larsson from the penalty spot.
2-1 tomasson

Icon_sad
Spectraz Wrote:2-1 tomasson

Icon_sad

don't worry
it's all set up to end 2-2
then italy go out whether they win or not

:mutley:
Statto Wrote:don't worry
it's all set up to end 2-2
then italy go out whether they win or not

:mutley:

No man we will lose this one. I am disappointed with the Swedish team. But one has to remember that it is hard and tiring to play on a pitch drenched in rain.
2-2 SEEEEEEN '89
what did I tell you?! Wink

the bookies were only giving 4-1 odds on 2-2

Hahaha
What a game.

Italian newspapers and journalists are going to come on strong tomorrow.
the italian media will go apeshit of course, but its entirely down to the team.. if italy had gone down & out due to the penalty not given by the bad ref, it would have been another scandal, but like this its just them not having taken their chances..
denmark and sweden didn't go easy at all, that was a proper fight.

did you ever see gilardino, the parma-striker trappatoni left at home? he's 20 or something and has scored 24 times in the serie A last season.. he won a game on his own with four goals and everyone of them is a artistic masterpiece.. he would have been another new star but no, trap brings on the oldies.

betting on guys like vieri was wrong. that guy is way over his peak. and totti, well no comment. (none on the swiss guy frei either, for that matter. feckin saliva-flinging eejits)
mad marshal Wrote:if italy had gone down & out due to the penalty not given by the bad ref, it would have been another scandal...

In a sense, didn't they lose out this way now? If they got the penalty and had won 3-1, wouldn't that had put them in the quarter finals instead of Denmark? I thought there was a question of a 2-goal difference advantage, and by Italy scoring 3 and zeroeing out the difference wouldn't they have gone through?

Anyhow, any claims that Sweden and Denmark didn't fight it out proper are hollow if you just watch the game.. what a match!! Just can't believe it was set up because that was a nearly impossible goal and only scored in the 89th minute..

Here we go, Sweden, c'mon!! Grin
I personally hope that Denmark go far in the championship. Their team deserves it.
symmetry Wrote:In a sense, didn't they lose out this way now? If they got the penalty and had won 3-1, wouldn't that had put them in the quarter finals instead of Denmark?

no

2-2 meant Sweden and Denmark went through even if Italy won 100-0
since Italy scored fewer goals in the matches between the three teams

Denmark 0-0 Italy
Italy 1-1 Sweden
Denmark 2-2 Sweden

more on the betting...

Quote:The bookies had been offering the 2-2 scoreline between Denmark and Sweden at odds of just 7/2, the shortest odds they have ever quoted for that outcome in a competitive match.

Mr Sharpe added: "Whatever price we put up was snapped up by punters desperate to back that outcome and we soon had to shorten the odds to 7/2, the shortest price we have ever offered about a 2-2 draw.

Hahaha
Are you sure about that? They all finished on 5 pts each, then there was the goal difference (SWE 8-3, DEN 4-2 and ITA 3-2). Ok, Italy would have to win 4-1, but that would've given them a 5-2 goal difference which is better than Denmark and then Denmark would have been out. Had Italy won 100-0, Wink, they'd top their group due to goal difference. I think the amount of goals scored between the teams only kicks in at third instance when two teams that need comparison have the same goal difference. Icon_question

Anyway, penalty wasn't deciding after all. That would've given Italy 4-2 gd like Denmark, and then that wouldn't have helped anyway.
FIX!!!!!!!

Teef
I think its brilliant, hopefully the Dutch will got out this evening too, making the road to the final easier for England, we could win this you know, IF we beat Portugal I think we will.
_WigWig_ Wrote:I think its brilliant, hopefully the Dutch will got out this evening too, making the road to the final easier for England, we could win this you know, IF we beat Portugal I think we will.

But if the Dutch didn't go through then Germany would, fuck that!!!!!!

They might be piss poor but you know what will happen if we end up playing them.
Gazza crying and Lineker pointing to his eye mouthing 'have a word with him'

Penalties.

Humiliation.

COME ON YOU DUTCH!
Macc Wrote:Gazza crying and Lineker pointing to his eye mouthing 'have a word with him'

Penalties.

Humiliation.

COME ON YOU DUTCH!

[Image: _40302951_vieiri203.jpg]
We'd beat Germany, they're shit.
Matt Wrote:They might be piss poor but you know what will happen if we end up playing them.

This? Teef

[Image: deu_eng_1_5.jpg]
symmetry Wrote:Are you sure about that?

it's what it said on the bbc sport website anyway Wink
Pages: 1 2