Subvert Central

Full Version: Next to D&B I also spin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't know, you tell me Grin
wool

Teef
the bottle?
I spin d&b next to chillout electronica, dub, ambient techno and etc. http://www.kuurortrecords.tk
... but I get dizzy so I stop.
I've been known to play 'party sets' this involves me attempting to mix some house/breakbeat/hiphop/indie etc etc all together. It generally lasts about 10 minutes.. after that I just stand behind the decks changing the record every so often, shouting and getting as drunk/stoned as possible.

Stacks
....on my head
gosh this thread is hilarious. You could all get writing jobs on hollyoaks.

Stacks
Stacks Wrote:gosh this thread is hilarious. You could all get writing jobs on hollyoaks.

Stacks

My lifes dream.
He he.

I've played the odd party set too, detroit techno, sublow/dubstep, broken beat...trainwreck times for sure Hahaha
Top tip for party sets

DO play... underworld 'cowgirl'
DON'T play... anything by Dom and Roland

Stacks
Grin hahaha, i ask this because we organised an event for the 2nd of juli named Dysfunktional Beats

with experimental breakbeat improvisations and visuals by Icarus and Bedouin Ascent, we want to see if there's a possible Subvert to complement the line up,
Oh in that case I usually play weird noise of my own composition and samples of a children's choir that I recorded through my collection of 18th century teapots looped over the sound of a bear sleeping.

Stacks
Stacks Wrote:Oh in that case I usually play weird noise of my own composition and samples of a children's choir that I recorded through my collection of 18th century teapots looped over the sound of a bear sleeping.

Stacks

Rofl you on the experimental tip Stacks Grin
Funk Grin And I'm starting to build up a bit of a jazz collection, although that's more for my own amusement more than anything else! Smile
... because I'm bored
I like and play (at home) a lot of other music….such as 80’s electro pop / synth pop…. some 60’s/70’s funk / jazz / soul………..and also other drum influenced dance music….. one day I will play a set of non dnb on the radio…well would like to anyway!!!! tunes by Herbie Hancock, James Brown, John Foxx...........

Have played a few party sets, comprising of some classic funk and old school hardcore…..

I once “played” at a sort of “fashion” show whilst at university……it was not really dnb, well not supposed to be, I blagged it that I would play some other *ahem* tunes…… oh dear! what a (un)forgettable day that was Hahaha

but when I played a dom and roland tune proceedings did liven up substantially!!!!!!!!!!!! :P Wink
Stacks Wrote:Top tip for party sets

DO play... underworld 'cowgirl'
DON'T play... anything by Dom and Roland

Stacks

i do hope your not sarcastic with that reply, because cowgirl is a WICKED track Cool
not at all, Stop. I love Cowgirl... great party track. i suppose D+R might be great too if your friends all love amen... most of mine don't (well the ones that would have me play a non-dnb setat a their party anyway)

Stacks
havoc's your man ricardo, believe me
Plates!
Political agendas

(seconds to learn, a life time to master!!)
Hip Hop, Funk, Soul, Jazz, Dub, Reggae
sometimes i sling my sac into a helicoptery spin......

takes a few other gods to stop it
funk, downtempo, soul, dub, hip hop, jazz...all the music of the diaspora. Xyxthumbs
Pages: 1 2