Subvert Central

Full Version: R.I.P - Wax City
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The end of an era for me anyways, i'm sure not that many of you have actually been there. But was the place i've been going for almost 10 years. Was where i started buying vinyl and where i worked for 3 years.

Must say big up to all that did go there. It had never been the same since it moved to more central Croydon.

And big up Groovegran - My second mum and the lady with the biggest/best record collection perhaps ever. And a true lover of the Amen break...and pushing 60, but doesn't look a day over 59. Smile

Lighter 15 truely great years in the game.
Never went, but sounds like it was great Icon_sad

Hugs

Hahaha @ Groovegran, she sounds amazing!
Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry
Yeah Lindsey/ Groovegran is a proper legend....she liked what she said and said what she bloody well liked Smile

It's all a shame. I guess i will mainly miss the free/cheep tunes, contacts and also THE CHANCE TO TRY AND OPEN PEOPLES MINDS TO MUSIC FROM PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM AND OTHER MORE INTERSTING STYLES OF DnB INSTEAD OF JUST BUYING WHAT ANDY C PLAYS!!! And in many cases i succeded. Obviously not enough, otherwise we'd still be around. Lol

(it's all the internets fault anyways!!! And the change in law about selling Magic Mushrooms Smile )
batfink Wrote:Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry

Innit, i KNOW you feel my pain. Hugs
Icon_cry R.I.P......

GrooveGran was the nuts, I was lucky enough to meet her once.... She jumped up and hugged me!! Hahaha She does like her amen!!! Wish she was my gran.....

Does she play out??
Chris Inperspective Wrote:Icon_cry R.I.P......

GrooveGran was the nuts, I was lucky enough to meet her once.... She jumped up and hugged me!! Hahaha She does like her amen!!! Wish she was my gran.....

Does she play out??

lol... i think her and Bailey b2b for the next Allnighter should be an option. Smile
I wasn't joking...
Neither am i.

You'd have to give her an early set though. She hasn't got as much stamina as she once had (oh er Smile )
Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry

THAT IS VERY SAD NEWS INDEED!!!!!

I have very found memories of the shop at 306-308 london road......
it was the first record shop i ever went in, back in early 1993!!!
used to go down there about once week in 94/95

last time i went down there was when they were next to a motor cycle shop on london road, a good few years ago......

So Big John has finally decided to call time on the shop.....very sad
Pls give him my regards.....

So just h&g shops left in croydon now then!!
DJ ML Wrote:Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry

You could at least pretend you meant it Teef
Sir Loris Of Crowthorne Wrote:
DJ ML Wrote:Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry Icon_cry

You could at least pretend you meant it Teef

Do ya see me laughing Icon_sad

Teef

Big up ML...will say hi from ya. (see, someone feels my pain!)
Know nothing about Wax - it sounded deadly though and it reminds me of a similar scenario here in Limerick - a record shop just closed a month ago after 15 years of trading - Blackspot Records.

I was very sad I have to say! Had been going in there for the best part of 12 years... they actually began to stock Jungle around 93 or so... which was pretty amazing I thought! I've no-where to go now and have a chat when I'm in town... Icon_sad

I can imagine it's the same for you ...
Very much so, some customers used to spend 4-5 hours just in there, listening to tunes and having a chat....

.....you don't get that on the internet or in HMV Icon_exclaim
Yeah... bit of an institution then!

Same as here.

Other cool thing about havin' a local shop here was being able to pick up random records you didn't know much about and have a listen, I'll never listen to em online...
Stock at knockdown price did I hear?! Teef

Shame to see yet another store bite the dust. But there IS a market for them still.
code Wrote:similar scenario here in limerick - a record shop just closed a month ago after 15 years of trading - blackspot records.

noooo!

Sad2
is blackspot where that WELL moddy geezer was??...... he was funny Hahaha
Chris Inperspective Wrote:is blackspot where that WELL moddy geezer was??...... he was funny Hahaha

Yep!

that's the one.

In fairness Equinox and Marlon were laughing at his stock...

You NEVER laugh at the stock!

We learn that back in the early days when my mate Colm picked up a Five Star tape and started laughing Wink
Code Wrote:In fairness Equinox and Marlon were laughing at his stock...

urrmmm that's the same person dude.... he's not in "a scanner darkly" is he??? Hahaha
Chris Inperspective Wrote:
Code Wrote:In fairness Equinox and Marlon were laughing at his stock...

urrmmm that's the same person dude.... he's not in "a scanner darkly" is he??? Hahaha

Oops

Haha!

Must be !

... so Marlon IS Keanu Reeves!

Baffled
that would be mad innit.... if your artist persona and real persona started splitting..... jeez i'm not sure i'd want to meet just the "chris inperspective" side of me self..... Nervous

substance d crew say "ai" and "ai" Hahaha
chris inperspective Wrote:jeez i'm not sure i'd want to meet just the "chris inperspective" side of me self..... Nervous

i think i have at least once.
Lol

im still recovering!!
chris inperspective Wrote:that would be mad innit.... if your artist persona and real persona started splitting..... jeez i'm not sure i'd want to meet just the "chris inperspective" side of me self..... Nervous

he's a right old proper big old proper cnut.
chris inperspective Wrote:that would be mad innit.... if your artist persona and real persona started splitting..... jeez i'm not sure i'd want to meet just the "chris inperspective" side of me self..... Nervous

substance d crew say "ai" and "ai" Hahaha

artist persona???

you mean the persona that makes me even more of a bollox than i am normally ?
Pages: 1 2