Subvert Central

Full Version: Bailey played Sileni -Bouncing Octagonal Fragments last nite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
On his 1Xtra show... even though he wasn't sure about it himself!! Lol

He asked people to text in and say what they thought of the tune, as it was a little 'different' !

The comments were (paraphrased) :

"Offkey"
"Avant-garde - sounds like a film soundtrack"
"Deep"

and, my favourite : "Garbage - throw it away"

Hahaha

he also said that most of the favourable comments were from outside the UK Icon_exclaim Eek

either way, no such thing as bad publicity

Wink
Hahaha Icon_yippee

Wonder what they'd make of the remix Hahaha
Macc Wrote:Hahaha Icon_yippee

Icon_eek

Haha!

Icon123

Yeah... must give him that aswell
Wait til it's redone!

How long do I have again? Oops
good work! can't believe people were less than positive about it though, there's nothing overly odd about it, it's when you start stripping it down, the oddness really comes out. it's certainly more normal than twitchy droid leg, that's for sure!

a macc remix you say? Chin
pez Wrote:good work! can't believe people were less than positive about it though, there's nothing overly odd about it, it's when you start stripping it down, the oddness really comes out. it's certainly more normal than twitchy droid leg, that's for sure!

a macc remix you say? Chin

well i took them all as compliments... (bar the garbage one... there's no turning that one around!)

"offkey" is exactly the type of comment i like to hear!

on the other hand, i do agree that it's alot less offkey than alot of sileni stuff. as you say "twichy droid leg" is alot quirkier, as is "failspan", but the thing with "bouncing octagonal fragments" is that it doesn't even sound like it's at a d&b tempo (even though it is!). i think that's what throws alot of people when they hear it.

bailey asked the audience to tell him if it even was a d&b track!

Icon_razz
Macc Wrote:Wait til it's redone!

How long do I have again? Oops

er, I thought you had it finished?

You sent me an extra version mastered for CD ? And you said the original one was for the vinyl mastering?
code Wrote:
macc Wrote:wait til it's redone!

how long do i have again? Oops

er, i thought you had it finished?

you sent me an extra version mastered for cd ? and you said the original one was for the vinyl mastering?

yeah but weren't there summat about the bass? Chin
macc Wrote:yeah but weren't there summat about the bass? Chin

yeah, but that's why you redid the tune for cd play. as i remember you were happy that the original one would be fine for the final master to vinyl ?
I forget Oops Hahaha
To be honest, the guy who slagged it off probably likes Pendulum, and this, to me, sounds much more like Drum and Bass than they do Teef
Wow. That's the first time i'd heard it. Interesting. Smile
can't wait for my copy Hyper

ps: people are stupid Roll

you having a go at that one? sweet!
dodz Wrote:

you having a go at that one? sweet!

It's done

Grin
surprise 4 tracker Code?

Hyper
8bits Wrote:surprise 4 tracker Code?

Hyper

er, no...

it's mastered already !

Grin

But if 0=0 EVER finishes his remix of "Phantoms", Macc's remix might come out on the other side... presuming I like Jay's remix!

And if not, it will come out eventually anyways, somehow, somewhere...

Maybe on the upcoming Macc EP ??
can i have a copy 4 the radio show Teef
safetyboy Wrote:can i have a copy 4 the radio show Teef

Yeah... if I see you online later!
It is about 20 months old now!
Code Wrote:er, no...

it's mastered already !

Grin

But if 0=0 EVER finishes his remix of "Phantoms", Macc's remix might come out on the other side... presuming I like Jay's remix!

And if not, it will come out eventually anyways, somehow, somewhere...

Maybe on the upcoming Macc EP ??

Phantoms is by Equinox right? if it is a rmx from 0=0 would be Icon_eek and Homerdrool at the same time! gwaaan code!
8bits Wrote:Phantoms is by Equinox right? if it is a rmx from 0=0 would be Icon_eek and Homerdrool at the same time! gwaaan code!

Yep, Equinox...

as to whether anyone ever hears the remix...

Only God (and Jay) knows.

Grin
....still a cracking tune though.... gwan shaggy/matthew lizzard Hahaha (if you saw Sileni you'll know what I mean).....good to hear..
subtle audio 018:
sileni - bouncing octagonal fragments (macc remix)
equinox - phantoms (0=0 invisible hand of sound remix)

Icon_eek

Falcon
anybody got any audio because all i keep hearing is...Sileni this...Sileni that...but i aint got no beats. beats? please. thankyou.
Pages: 1 2