Subvert Central

Full Version: Ipod seems to have frozen.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
......went to work. Left me ipod in me car, when i came back it didn't want to turn on, it was very very cold, so i guess it has actually frozen!

Can't find me manual, any ideas how to re-set it/get it bloody working?!?!?!

I neeeed my ipod to and from work in me car, i only like Classical FM and i can't listen to that for ever!!!

Please help.

(oh, it's an ipod mini)
try holding down the menu button and the middle button for 3 mins
cheers me dears. But that didn't seem to work.....bugger Icon_sad
B Wrote:try holding down the menu button and the middle button for 3 mins
that be the one. if you get an apple, your all good, if you get a sad face, your ipod may be fooked. i lost my mini that way, ended getting a nano for free though
if you dont get it working and its under a year you can still get manufacturer warranty... just dont tell them you froze it

I work at the biggest electronics store in Canada and we see about 10 Ipods coming in a day for repairs... never gonna get one. Twisted
dub-one Wrote:http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61705

there u go mate that should help
just saved me quite a bit of typing there mate lol
happened to me the other day.... brand new ipod from the mrs, pc crashed while it was connected..... like a fool i disconnected it and the "do not disconnect" image was frozen for over an hour untill i found that link
Tried all these idea....still no go. Mind you, TAPE massive say BOH, been fun going through old tapes! Grin
its possible that you;ve fallen prey to a new scam.

thieves take your ipod but in its place they leave a piece of similarly sized polystyrene painted to look like an ipod.

The trick to uncovering the scam is to stamp on the suspect 'ipod' repeatedly. If, after a good stamping, it looks like its made of polystyrene it probably is. If it looks more like shards of electronic equipment then you can rest assured that you still have a genuine Apple Ipod.
Well, it's strange but true, a girl (Emma) managed to sort it out Blush

I swear i tried everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still gunna listen to tapes though!!!! They make me feel funny!