Subvert Central

Full Version: Amen Andrews Vol 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I picked up a copy of Amen Andrews vol 2 today
A 3 track ep, track titles: A1: DX, B1:Blomen, B2:Amen renegade

The b side tracks again have that old school jungle sound to them
The a side track is my pick, a quality amen tune, sounding a little bit different.

They are all good.... Twothumbs ..Another 3 twisted up amen tunes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else got it yet? Opinions??
yeah got it a few weeks ago... Amen Renegade gets my vote, played it out on friday, the response was "we can't dance to this" although they weren't really trying.... Wicked tuneage all round, those drum edits are inhuman..
I just ordered volumes one and two. I've only heard short clips so I can't really comment. I'm waiting for them in the mail. whenever the postman comes by this is what I look like Crazy
will pick up when I get paid Wink
Got Vol I a few weeks back... "1000001 Style" and "Amental" are the one's for playing out I reckon...

Heard clips of Vol II and it sounded wicked! Ordered it straight away!

Going to be playing some of these @ Refuge on Saturday night definitely!
Code Wrote:Going to be playing some of these @ Refuge on Saturday night definitely!

Yahooooooooo feckin bring it on...mash up da place! I want you to make me put my fist through the wall this weekend!! *bang on wall*
I must play refuge again soon and this time not with a fucking festival on at the same time and marky on the night before... bah!.

Stacks
I hope there won't be too many away for the Rathlin Island thing this weekend? Shouldn't affect things too much I suppose...

Yeah, I can't wait to play!!!

Yeeeeeehah! Grin
Dont worry pet...ill fill the floor for ya! Marti HO is coming out to play too so watch out...shes in the mood for a good rodgering! Hahaha
got mine yesterday, good stuff indeed
B Wrote:Dont worry pet...ill fill the floor for ya! Marti HO is coming out to play too so watch out...shes in the mood for a good rodgering! Hahaha

Marti HO!

Long, long time no see!
Don't want to appear too critical but.....

How can someone release an e.p with 3trax using just the Amen break?

seems a little 2 one dimensional to me ?
the same way one can release a whole EP with only 2step tunes... anyway, let's not get into this again right Grin

i must say i was slightly dissapointed with VOL1... it's good fun, but i wonder if i will still play it in a few months time... dunno
2 wrongs don't make a right!
of course... wasn't saying it was really creative, but he does do some special things with the amens anyway

it's indeed a bit 1 dimensional, not really a varied and complete EP at all
He does some nice programming that's for sure!

but maybe i should hook him up with some new breaks Lol
i quite like 'amen renegade', it's not very deep but it's catchy!
Big up mr Vibert

Applause
luke vibert rules! biggup the artists who dont take themselfs toooo seriously Wink
bobule Wrote:luke vibert rules! biggup the artists who dont take themselfs toooo seriously Wink
you're not wrong there, he's taking jump up down corridors which people missed the 1st time around.
alpha omega Wrote:don't want to appear too critical but.....

how can someone release an e.p with 3trax using just the amen break?

seems a little 2 one dimensional to me ?

what ya expect from a guy who calls himself amen andrews? Lol

it's all good, clean fun Xyxthumbs
stelf Wrote:[it's all good, clean fun Xyxthumbs

yeah, that's it basically Cool
Not very fond of everything "oldskool", but yeah, gotta agree - it's just FUN! And I'll HAVE to get hold of these records.

Btw, there's 3 more coming in this series, I found out: http://www.rephlex.com/

eZ)
F.

MASSIFF
fucoza Wrote:not very fond of everything "oldskool", but yeah, gotta agree - it's just fun! and i'll have to get hold of these records.

btw, there's 3 more coming in this series, i found out: http://www.rephlex.com/

ez)
f.

massiff
cheers for the info dude. Xyxthumbs
got vol2 too now and must say i like it much better then vol1... will certainly feature in my sets