Subvert Central

Full Version: "New" Calibre Album - Shelflife
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/signa...s/siglp002

Ain't (knowingly) heard any of the tracks apart from Mars & Venus, and thats 5+ years old.

From the name of the album I'm guessing these are old unreleased tracks.

But another album?? The man is churning them out.

Sure it will be good stuff. :P
teh man.

a maker of quility MUSIC.

I'm sure it will be lovely start to finish
all unreleased stuff from 99 - 05
I think I read somewhere that the CD version will be a two disc set/21 tracks...
I recall there was a similar topic on SC some time ago...

the album's gonna be HUGE!
venus and mars is sick if i remember right Grin
sounds interesting
the guy's brilliant at what he does.

someone I have a lot of musical time for, along with DBridge & Seba.
To be honest I only really want the stuff from late nineties to 2001ish.

I think Ive heard some clips off this and I didnt recognise most of the traks...

Still it would be a nice addition and good to see its coming on vinyl unlike that virus vaults.
Defo be checking this when it comes out. Grin Not that I aint got 'LOADs 'of Calibre on vinyl already.
ALPHA OMEGA Wrote:musical time

You mean like " E past C# " or "Quarter past quaver"

?
Against my better judgement - Hahaha
Heard Reentry on the wireless last night and it was pretty tasty - I find a lot of Calibres stuff a bit steppy and linear, but this had a nice bit of movement to it...
Any word on the CD Version, cause i'm waiting for that if it's gonna have extra tracks?
I listened to the clips and found the album to be quite boring... Too much of the same thing. I may have to pop to my local vinyl pusher and give it a proper listen someday.
Bit disappointing tbh.
_WigWig_ Wrote:Bit disappointing tbh.

^^^^

Venus & Mars - classic
Re-Entry - good

Rest just average Calibre tracks.
There are loads of deadly tunes he could of put on there, most of which I've completely forgotten the names of, that would have went down better. Most of the stuff from the proposed second Creative Source album for starters.
let#s hope that will be forthcoming on a 2nd 'shelflife' lp in the near future.
there may be a double CD edition.
where are these clips? I know ZT played me some calibre bits that the man himself couldn't remember making Hahaha
i remember back in the day when calibre 12s were 49p in the selectadisc giveaways

[Image: smilie08sim.gif]
Chris Inperspective Wrote:where are these clips? I know ZT played me some calibre bits that the man himself couldn't remember making Hahaha

that tune P.U.R he did he "found" on a CD at a gig once, didnt remember doing it as he made it after a night out drinking

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/ser...k=SIGLP002
and yes, there is a CD version coming out.
beckett Wrote:
Chris Inperspective Wrote:where are these clips? I know ZT played me some calibre bits that the man himself couldn't remember making Hahaha

that tune P.U.R he did he "found" on a CD at a gig once, didnt remember doing it as he made it after a night out drinking

http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/ser...k=SIGLP002

yeah I think that might be the one but Cian says that he makes tunes pissed alot... then forgets.... Hahaha
Pages: 1 2