Subvert Central

Full Version: Bladerunner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Ashes

is a pile of shite.

how many times i go back to this film is beyond me, its awful.

I dont care about replicants, the soundtrack is pants and this film is infact the most overrated movie i have ever seen.

discuss.

"oh, look at me, i think Bladerunner is Stylish" *pukes
Xyxthumbs Hahaha

apart from pris Smile

[Image: pris.jpg]

Ashes

statto Wrote:Xyxthumbs Hahaha

apart from pris Smile

[Image: pris.jpg]

Yes

very zno

but apart from that. sheiser.
i always keep thinking Dillinja sampled some synth bits of the score for "The Angel Fell"

can be wrong tho

the movie is great
"overrated" is a useless word when it comes to things regarding a question of personal taste. one persons "overrated" is of course anotehr persons "time of life"
As a film it is highly overrated. For once, the critics at the time got it right when they said that it was trite. I feel that it's only become fashionable to like it because of the influence it has had in term of future cityscapes, dystopia, and some cybertheory. However, that does not make it a good film!
actually, if ya wanna talk "overrated movies" then i rather say "Starwars" ( the old ones, not the totally unbearable newer ons lol )

or "Matrix".....
the one time i watched it, i enjoyed it, but the details are rather immense so i could see that distracting from / hiding weaks spots in the actual plot. it does provides excellent escapism as a movie.
read the book instead. Xyxthumbs infact, read anything by philip k. dick.
what i especially like about it is:

its soooo early 1980ies! with the synth score, the make up, the dresses, the fear of the US to be taken over by Japanese industry....

thats what i love bout sci fi movies - they rather tell you something basic about the time of its filming rather than what the plot is suppost to be about
cheef Wrote:read the book instead. Xyxthumbs infact, read anything by philip k. dick.

some good advice here!

the film misses out about 90% of the book Icon_sad
this is my number one favourite movie of all time, second is Matrix and 3rd is Star Wars
Well I love it, so go fuck yourselves Twisted
ASC Wrote:Well I love it, so go fuck yourselves Twisted

me too!
socialengineer Wrote:
cheef Wrote:read the book instead. Xyxthumbs infact, read anything by philip k. dick.

some good advice here!

the film misses out about 90% of the book Icon_sad

the book is terrible! like most of his stuff, it has great ideas and terrible writing.

whilst not an obsessive about the film, i do think its a good example of a decet 're-imagiing', and i love the sountrack, which is beautifully sickly in places.
Surely its the realisation of a future in visual terms which is the exciting thing with this film, not the script or plot or anything else?
shut up
wtf???

bladerunner rules!
isn't there one movie we can all agree on as being really good or really bad?

shit!
The Breakfast Club is extremely bad
Statto Wrote:The Breakfast Club is extremely bad

What are you on about?? its a work of genius. Makes me cry every time.

Grin
the moral of the breakfast club is that if you are pretty you will get a boyfriend - "don't be a goth, start wearing dresses"
UFO_over_easy Wrote:the moral of the breakfast club is that if you are pretty you will get a boyfriend - "don't be a goth, start wearing dresses"

Also: make friends with a geek and he'll do all your homework for you.

Important lessons...
Hahaha

btw - doesn't crying fuck up your circuits somewhat?
droid Wrote:
Statto Wrote:The Breakfast Club is extremely bad

What are you on about?? its a work of genius. Makes me cry every time.

Grin

it's appallingly awful
self-indulgent teenage angst garbage

Roll
ufo_over_easy Wrote:the moral of the breakfast club is that if you are pretty you will get a boyfriend - "don't be a goth, start wearing dresses"

she looks much better in goth mode Yes
Pages: 1 2 3