Subvert Central

Full Version: Axis - 'High Point' - Looking Good 020 Side B
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had never taken time to really listen to that track.
Proper awesome !

According to Discogs, G-Force was part of the production team on that track.

People, listen to it!
Xyxthumbs
excellent tune. will fish that out tonight now you've reminded me. unless i forget by then Icon_razz
dx266net Wrote:Had never taken time to really listen to that track.
Proper awesome !

According to Discogs, G-Force was part of the production team on that track.

People, listen to it!

Good tune indeed, and I never knew that G-Force had anything to do with that track. Although I know Ils did do some tracks with G-Force back in the day.

Speaking of which, I want to pick some of those collaborations up. Any recommendations?
bad tune!
Yep. Was supposed to be on LGR009 originally:

LGR009 - G-Force
A: Proximity
AA: High Point

Obviously never happened though.
what ever happened to Proximity? and how come it got kicked back to 020?
I was told Proximity never came out due to a publishing disagreement. Not sure how legit that is though.
beautiful tune
Euphony (the amen one) is wicked too Grin
Ok lol here's some info for you all. Spoke to G-Force the other day about Proximity, and he said he wrote it at a friends studio, saved all the samples to an Akai floppy, and took it home with him. He said his mum put his jeans in the wash with the disc still in the pocket! Gone forever!
shit! but there was still a DAT of it though?
ASC Wrote:Ok lol here's some info for you all. Spoke to G-Force the other day about Proximity, and he said he wrote it at a friends studio, saved all the samples to an Akai floppy, and took it home with him. He said his mum put his jeans in the wash with the disc still in the pocket! Gone forever!

Akai floppy Hahaha

that tune never saw the light of day, even in another form?
noisemonkey Wrote:shit! but there was still a DAT of it though?

Yeah a DAT made it to Bukem of course, but I'm not sure what happened after that. As I said earlier, I was told it was because of publishing differences, but this story from G-Force kind of makes me think it was unfinished, or needed more work in some form, and obviously he wasn't able to touch the track ever again.
sucks about "proximity"...

i think you told me there was also another version of it too right asc?...

and then the remix you did...

danny bukem promised me he'll hook me up w/ the original he used to play if he ever finds the dat... i'd even take a plate rip but he said his plate is absolutely annihilated...
proto j Wrote:sucks about "proximity"...

i think you told me there was also another version of it too right asc?...

and then the remix you did...

danny bukem promised me he'll hook me up w/ the original he used to play if he ever finds the dat... i'd even take a plate rip but he said his plate is absolutely annihilated...

Yeah there is two mixes. I have one of them, which is an alternative version to the one Bukem played on the Essential Mix. I sampled from ther alt version for the remix I did.