Subvert Central

Full Version: [EXCLUSIVE] DJ Ron & Navigator feat. Phaze III - Kool FM Sunday 5th Dec 1993
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok here's an old radio set I have been asked for a number of times, but have been putting off sharing for quite a while. Finally, I have finally deemed fit to share it with the world!

Coming from my own personal archive, this is about my most favourite tape recording ever, and might explain why I have not shared previously. Dating from December 1993, this tape spent quite a lot of time on rotation back around then and featured a couple of particularily important tunes to me. I remember well recording it at the time, having come in from hanging out on the streets and tuning the radio to Kool FM (as I always did!) and rushing to the tape deck to catch the first tune coming in.

Being a bit of pause & record guy it was a bit of a surprise that I left the tape running, finding myself being completely spellbound by the awesome tunage I was hearing! Phaze III starts off and is shortly followed after by DJ Ron in the mix, doing an impromptu set (not his normal slot, i think?) cruising through some of the more memorable jungle tunes of the time, including a couple of still unreleased tunes to this day.

This is an exclusive download, graciously hosted by www.stressfactor.co.uk, that I hope others will come to enjoy & love just as I have over the years. I have intentionally left the tracklist blank save for a handful of choice entries to encourage listener participation & involvement. See which ones you can identify!

NB. JJ - No filling in all the blanks! Wink

DJ Ron & MC Navigator feat. Phaze III - Kool FM Sunday 5th Dec 1993
[Image: kool_tape.jpg]
Bit rate: 174kbit (VBR) MP3
Length: 95:02
Size: 118mb
Download: www.stressfactor.co.uk

[indent]Phaze III
2. Family Of Intelligence - The 12 Major Scientist [Kemet]

DJ Ron - "The Golden Child"
4. Underworld - The Rising [Target Records]
9. E.KUD.C.M - Kashif (Love) [Hard Disk]
16. Tom & Jerry - side A, track 1 [Tom & Jerry SHELL007]
19. Digitech - side B, track 1 [Cybotron]
24. Roni Size & DJ Die - Music Box - [Full Circle Records]
25. Conquering Lion - Dub Plate Special (Ruff Kut) [X Project]
28. Engineers Without Fears - Rhythm [Dee Jay Recordings]
[/indent]
Good man Xyxthumbs

Navi sounding young!!
Wow, thanks mate! Always good to hear some old Kool FM recordings. Grin
nice one, cheers ornette Smile
Big ups Orns nice 1 on this.
bo!
Woah!!!!!

Nice one Ornette! Looking forward to this one Smile

Welcome DJ B-12!! Wave
Wilshy Wrote:Good man Xyxthumbs

Navi sounding young!!

Yes I was thinking that! Smile

I was actually wondering whether the tape was playing a bit fast, being recorded on an old Pioneer deck I dont have anymore. However its so impossible to really measure a tape deck's playback speed as they all suffer such wow & flutter (i had previously attempted to compare tape speeds on other recordings)
Used to love Navigator on 1ITJ Smile

Ornette Xyxthumbs
on dl looking forward to this
'crack man on the line freaking out.... '
30 mins in. Wicked Grin

Haven't heard most of em!
antidote uk Wrote:'crack man on the line freaking out.... '

Nono Dangerous!
DJ B-12 Wrote:Big ups Orns nice 1 on this.

Big up, Mr. Stress Factor! [Image: pimp.gif]

RickyForce Wrote:30 mins in. Wicked Grin

Haven't heard most of em!

Ok looks like we got a couple of id's submitted Xyxthumbs This from the Nebkins on the B2VOS:

4. Underworld - The Rising - [Target Records]
24. Roni Size & DJ Die - Music Box - [Full Circle Records]
28. Engineers Without Fears - Rhythm - [Dee Jay Recordings]

Any more ideas, anyone? Grin