Subvert Central

Full Version: Unpaid bill from 2009! What shall I do next?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Check this shit out:

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Outstanding debts
11 messages
[email protected] <[email protected]> 22 February 2011 16:57
To: [email protected]
Dear Nik,

We’ve recently been reviewing our systems and outstanding debts and have noticed that from 2009 you have an outstanding debt of £29.92. Rather than sending you straight to our debt collection agency we would like to give you 2 weeks from the date of this email to pay.

Please contact us urgently on 0808 1013430 option 4 and we will be happy to process the payment for you on a debit or credit card of your choice.

We understand it may come as a bit of a shock to you, and for that we sincerely apologize.

Kind regards
The BE Team

Nik Fowler <[email protected]> 2 March 2011 20:55
Dear Team,

Can I ask what this bill is actually for please?

Many thanks,

Nik

[email protected] <[email protected]> 3 March 2011 19:16
To: Nik Fowler <[email protected]>
Dear Mr.Fowler,

Thank you for contacting us back sir.

The invoice is for the months August;September and the Final one is created in October 2009.

I'm sending you a copy of the invoice attached to this email.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused sir.

Kind Regards,
Zack,Be*Billing Team
[Quoted text hidden]

Nik Fowler.pdf
[email protected] <[email protected]> 3 March 2011 19:21
Reply-To: [email protected]
Zack,

I'm a little concerned these aren't already paid - I'm pretty sure I paid by Direct Debit so these should have been paid automatically.

Can you please check your records again please?

Cheers
Nik
[Quoted text hidden]
[email protected] <[email protected]> 4 March 2011 16:10
Dear Mr Fowler,

Thank you for your time.

We would like to inform you that the payments are outstanding. We haven't received any payments form you since 03/08/2009. The outstanding amount is for £29.92.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Ventsy / Billing Team
[Quoted text hidden]
[Quoted text hidden]
[email protected] <[email protected]> 5 March 2011 11:52
Dear team,

Ok, so is there a way I can pay online?

Nik

-----Original Message-----
[Quoted text hidden]
[email protected] <[email protected]> 5 March 2011 15:43
Dear Ray.

Thank you for contacting us!

Unfortunately, as the account has been cancelled already, the only way to pay the bill is over the phone using a credit/debit card. Please, contact us at 0808 101 3430 optoin 4 and provide us with the card details. The amount is £ 38.12

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,
Martina/BE*BILLING Team

Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 16:10:43
[Quoted text hidden]
[email protected] <[email protected]> 5 March 2011 19:13

How has the amount gone up?!

And who is Ray?

Once again I am left doubting that this debt is mine.

[Quoted text hidden]
[email protected] <[email protected]> 6 March 2011 13:51
Dear Nik,

Thank you for contacting us.

I apologize for the wrong email from my colleague below.

As you have been informed previously the outstanding debts for your account is £29.92

Just to confirm the account is under the name of Nik Fowler with tel num: 0127377***** and post code BN* ***

You can give us a call at 0808 101 3430 option 4 for billing and sort out this issue.

If you have any further questions,please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,
Steven* Be*Billing Team~

Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 15:43:12
[Quoted text hidden]
Nik Fowler <[email protected]> 8 March 2011 12:48

Ok, can you hold off on the debt collection agency till the end of the month please?

[Quoted text hidden]
[email protected] <[email protected]> 8 March 2011 21:28
To: Nik Fowler <[email protected]>

Dear Nik,

Thank you for contacting us!

Unfortunately, I am afraid the system will send your details automatically and we are not able to delay that.

I do apologize for the inconvenience caused!

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
Martina/BE*BILLING Team

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Cheeky fuckers!

So the question is, what shall I do next?

Send them a picture of a spider? Wink

Pay up?

Wait till the end of the month anyway, and then pay?

Send them a shirty email back, advising that bailiffs will have trouble collecting their measley £30 since I have since moved. Twice.

Or do you have a better idea?

Maybe we should have a poll?
Cheeky fuckers sent me an email telling me my 'ticket' has been updated.

Ticket? What ticket? I haven't been with you feckers for over a year!

Piss off!

[Image: cussing.gif]
"Send them a picture of a spider"

Lol
its a long time ago, i would have forgotten 3 months ago really let alone nearly 2 years so if it were me i'd check bank statements to confirm i'd paid before sending them stuff or telling them to do one. if you have to send them something, make it real not a picture!
if you are sure that you don`t owe them any money i would pay nothing until they proof me wrong.
Will the debt being handed over effect your credit rating? Would that matter to you?
It's easy to try and avoid it, but as you're the one facing any potential consequences, I'll say pay it (after checking your records to establish they haven't got it wrong)
tell them to fuck off imo...

its 2 years old, they should have realised sooner. as scape said, check bank statements and be sure that this hasnt actually been paid

failing this, you clearly do need to send a picture of a spider.
Quote:the only way to pay the bill is over the phone using a credit/debit card.

that sounds like a scam to me
probably they just want your card details and then they'll fleece you

ignore them Xyxthumbs
I've edited your phone number & postcode out of the email Wink

It will affect your credit rating quite badly if the debt ends up with a debt collection agency.

Personally I'd do all I can in 2 weeks to prove them wrong, failing that pay it then seek to prove them wrong if you are indeed in the right. But don't let it go to debt collection. It's worth £30 of your money to stop that happening. They're a respectable company so if you can prove they're wrong I'm sure the money would be refunded.

Banks can produce statements up to around 6 years back so that's the route I'd go down, they could also tell you if you direct debit went out around the months they state.

It's really easy to get the info to prove right or wrong here. Also check with citizens advice that they're able to demand the money after that length of time.
Statto Wrote:

That is their number, if they were to scam the money you'd have come back. You aren't ringing nigeria here!!
I would talk to someone on the phone. Companies should not have collages changing the amount or writing to the wrong person, its all computerized, that makes no sense, really really sketchy.
Dear Ray,

it all sounds too strange. I wouldnt pay any cent.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
haxhi/BE*BILLING Team
Send them a bill for £30 for access to your music online. Say they had access, even if they didn't download anything.

Ask them if they'd like to renew for another year.
Sounds a bit suspicious unless they've written you an actual letter. I got some phishing e-mail the other day saying I was due for a tax rebate which turned out to be nonsense... Definitely try talking to them on the phone.
Roo Stercogburn Wrote:Send them a bill for £30 for access to your music online. Say they had access, even if they didn't download anything.

Ask them if they'd like to renew for another year.

Hahaha
noisemonkey Wrote:Sounds a bit suspicious unless they've written you an actual letter. I got some phishing e-mail the other day saying I was due for a tax rebate which turned out to be nonsense... Definitely try talking to them on the phone.

I hadn't even thought of it being fishy, I just thought it was a liberty.

I guess I'll pay it.

I just liked the idea of sending them a picture I drew of a spider.

Hahaha
Date: Wednesday 8 Oct 2008 12.19pm
To: David Thorne
Subject: Overdue account

Dear David,
Our records indicate that your account is overdue by the amount of $233.95. If you have already made this payment please contact us within the next 7 days to confirm payment has been applied to your account and is no longer outstanding.

Yours sincerely, Jane Gilles

Date: Wednesday 8 Oct 2008 12.37pm
To: Jane Gilles
Subject: Re: Overdue account

Dear Jane,
I do not have any money so am sending you this drawing I did of a spider instead. I value the drawing at $233.95 so trust that this settles the matter.

Regards, David.

[Image: spider.jpg]

Date: Thursday 9 Oct 2008 10.07am
Subject: Overdue account

Dear David,
Thankyou for contacting us. Unfortunately we are unable to accept drawings as payment and your account remains in arrears of $233.95. Please contact us within the next 7 days to confirm payment has been applied to your account and is no longer outstanding.

Date: Thursday 9 Oct 2008 10.32am
Subject: Re: Overdue account

Dear Jane,
Can I have my drawing of a spider back then please.

Regards, David.

Date: Thursday 9 Oct 2008 11.42am
Subject: Re: Re: Overdue account

Dear David,
You emailed the drawing to me. Do you want me to email it back to you?

Date: Thursday 9 Oct 2008 11.56am
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Overdue account

Dear Jane,

Yes please.

Regards, David.

Date: Thursday 9 Oct 2008 12.14pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Overdue account

Attached

[Image: spider.jpg]

Date: Friday 10 Oct 2008 09.22am
Subject: Whose spider is that?

Dear Jane, Are you sure this drawing of a spider is the one I sent you? This spider only has seven legs and I do not feel I would have made such an elementary mistake when I drew it.

Regards, David.

Date: Friday 10 Oct 2008 11.03am
Subject: Re: Whose spider is that?

Dear David, Yes it is the same drawing. I copied and pasted it from the email you sent me on the 8th. David your account is still overdue by the amount of $233.95. Please make this payment as soon as possible.

Date: Friday 10 Oct 2008 11.05am
Subject: Automated Out of Office Response

Thankyou for contacting me. I am currently away on leave, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Regards, David.

Date: Friday 10 Oct 2008 11.08am
Subject: Re: Re: Whose spider is that?

Hello, I am back and have read through your emails and accept that despite missing a leg, that drawing of a spider may indeed be the one I sent you. I realise with hindsight that it is possible you rejected the drawing of a spider due to this obvious limb ommission but did not point it out in an effort to avoid hurting my feelings. As such, I am sending you a revised drawing with the correct number of legs as full payment for any amount outstanding. I trust this will bring the matter to a conclusion.

Regards, David.

[Image: spider8.jpg]

Date: Monday 13 Oct 2008 2.51pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Whose spider is that?

Dear David, As I have stated, we do not accept drawings in lei of money for accounts outstanding. We accept cheque, bank cheque, money order or cash. Please make a payment this week to avoid incurring any additional fees.

Date: Monday 13 Oct 2008 3.17pm
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Whose spider is that?

I understand and will definately make a payment this week if I remember. As you have not accepted my second drawing as payment, please return the drawing to me as soon as possible. It was silly of me to assume I could provide you with something of completely no value whatsoever, waste your time and then attach such a large amount to it.

Regards, David.

Date: Tuesday 14 Oct 2008 11.18am
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Whose spider is that?

Attached

[Image: spider8.jpg]
dude - edit your post to remove email addys too - spam robots dream!
Sending a picture of a spider is mandatory. Smilie08sim
Wilshy Wrote:I've edited your phone number & postcode out of the email Wink

It will affect your credit rating quite badly if the debt ends up with a debt collection agency.

That phone number is well out of date, as is the postcode.

Cheers though anyway Wilsh!

Xyxthumbs
Paradigm X Wrote:dude - edit your post to remove email addys too - spam robots dream!

Thank christ for gmail!

Wink
littleNemo Wrote:Sending a picture of a spider is mandatory. Smilie08sim

I soooooooo want to do something like this.

Problem is, as Wilsh states, it will affect my credit blah, and unfortunately, I've kind of got my credit blah good after my split with the missus, and don't want to go back to the dark days.

Guess I'm gonna pay.

Neutral
Statto Wrote:

ignore them Xyxthumbs
was thinking the same thing myself, it just sounds shady
Düffah Wrote:I hadn't even thought of it being fishy, I just thought it was a liberty.

I guess I'll pay it.

I seriously wouldn't.

But if you really want to try, tell them you no longer have a credit or debit card. Say you'll pay by cheque, but not otherwise. Would any reputable company say they can't accept cheques? This really looks like phishing to me.
noisemonkey Wrote:From: Jane Gilles
Date: Wednesday 8 Oct 2008 12.19pm
Classic!

Wink
Pages: 1 2