Subvert Central

Full Version: Danny Casablanca Soundcloud!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://soundcloud.com/danny_casablanca/

O.K. firstly this isn't really dnb. I've long since given up trying to make "proper" sounding drum and bass as I don't think I've got the chops for it.

At the same time I think there are obviously some very strong drum and bass / rave influence in my stuff which may interest some of you, and I thought it might be amusing to put my "cojones" on the line and receive some brutal criticism from the community.
HRH_H_Crab Wrote:I thought it might be amusing to put my "cojones" on the line and receive some brutal criticism from the community.

The usual result is not brutal criticism but the lack of any criticism at all. But I guess we'll see. Hugs
I note with some amusement that you are contributing to the success of your own prediction.
HRH_H_Crab Wrote:I note with some amusement that you are contributing to the success of your own prediction.

I know Oops Icon_razz
Danny, try the IDM Forums, Listening Booth for some feedback. It can get a bit busy as there's a lot of activity but plenty of people are posting DnB stuff there and worth diving in.

People round here spend too long wanking lyrical about hihats cross-pollinating their phase variance with a nice cup of tea or some such. You'll see folks regularly posting new releases but you don't see much in the way of useful critiques. When offered lots of kamote cake you can sometimes get something useful from Statto Wink

From what I've read here on Subvert, apparently there hasn't been any real DnB since 1994. I believe it was a Tuesday in June. Around lunchtime.
I've uploaded another couple of bits. I've tried to cross pollinate the hi-hats on "Degenerates".
Roo Stercogburn Wrote:People round here spend too long wanking lyrical about hihats cross-pollinating their phase variance with a nice cup of tea or some such.

[Image: icon28XX.gif]
HRH_H_Crab Wrote:I've uploaded another couple of bits. I've tried to cross pollinate the hi-hats on "Degenerates".

Prefer to try and keep my critique in the beat ranch based on the music writing rather than production value.

And on that basis I'm liking your stuff, got that rave influence like you said. Quirky as well, I like that, a certain funkyness.

Particularly something about "degenerates" I like! Worth pushing on with it I think. :-)
Thanks for your kind words.

"Prefer to try and keep my critique in the beat ranch based on the music writing rather than production value.": I guess this means my cheap, quick and dirty punk-electronica production style is coming across well! Wink
hey, big up Smile

I dig the sound and style your coming with. Degenerates is a nice one! I sort of feel you on "giving up" drum & bass, at least for now. Actually, 150bpm is a lot more fun to work at for me.....

constructive criticism? Smile It sounds sort of dry. Get all the elements more in tune with each other, kick, synths, etc. The feeling created is uneasy but could easily go into chill / retrospective. The bassline needs to be filled out a lot more. I wish the breaks were more kickin' instread of "flat".

all stuff I try to work on myself Grin