Subvert Central

Full Version: Some Vocal House
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ez,

Haven't really made this type of track before, not quite sure what type of house it is, too much classification in house music no idea what is what. So basically it's just house music with vocals.

Goldenchild is on the vocals on this one.

It's unmastered as I'm not sure the mix is 100% yet, but don't want to squidge it too much give the nature of the track. All comments would be appreciated.

Please see update below: http://subvertcentral.com/forum/showthre...post838302

Thanks,

Shiva [Image: icon_smile.gif]
see you've been having a time in the Beat Ranch Smile

I'll try and check this one later Xyxthumbs
hey thats good I like it. nice uplifting vocals. gwarn goldenchild! Yeah the mix isn't 100%, it sounds like the percussion is buried, but the drums are dope, especially at the end. It be nice to hear more of those throughout the tune, IMO. The tune could groove more... and pads could use some automated effects or something.

nice one!

(scuse my first unrefined comment [Image: icon_redface.gif] )
HiddenSound Wrote:hey thats good I like it. nice uplifting vocals. gwarn goldenchild! Yeah the mix isn't 100%, it sounds like the percussion is buried, but the drums are dope, especially at the end. It be nice to hear more of those throughout the tune, IMO. The tune could groove more... and pads could use some automated effects or something.

nice one!

(scuse my first unrefined comment [Image: icon_redface.gif] )

Yeah I kind if feel the same about the drums being buried, finding this one quite tricky to mix. Thing is I want to keep that earthy feel to it. Need to get the balance.

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Smile
Ok have done another mix down. Have replaced on soundcloud.

http://soundcloud.com/lab-creation/lab-c...tre-cannot

Think it sounds better now. Percussion is more clear.

All comments appreciated! Smile
hmm.. interesting tune, I like the intro and Goldenchild's vocal is quality and the kick is fine, but the percussive beat that comes in doesnt fit that well imho.
Great to see a house tune by you, tbh was expecting some trademark Shiva keys (Rhodes) in the tune!
How about another mix with some rhodes or piano?
House tunes always seem to have mulitple mixes to cater for all house tastes, as it is so diverse an area.

any other house tunes you been working on?
DJ ML Wrote:hmm.. interesting tune, I like the intro and Goldenchild's vocal is quality and the kick is fine, but the percussive beat that comes in doesnt fit that well imho.
Great to see a house tune by you, tbh was expecting some trademark Shiva keys (Rhodes) in the tune!
How about another mix with some rhodes or piano?
House tunes always seem to have mulitple mixes to cater for all house tastes, as it is so diverse an area.

any other house tunes you been working on?

Ez Paul,

Thanks for the feedback, you know I always rate your comments!

Yeah, was planning a series of remixes for this :-)

Did you manage to check this, it free DL:

http://soundcloud.com/lab-creation/hoaxx...b-creation