Subvert Central

Full Version: An All Dubplate Mix>>>
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Heres an all dubplate mix. Theres just so much good forthcoming stuff and lots of talent out there that hasn’t been recognized and so I thought people needed to hear it. So I made an all dubplate mix. So here it is. Ive put a little comment next to each track to tell a little about it.

click here to download

1. Fanu - Defunct Drums Depression Decade - Offshore ok so this isn’t a dubplate anymore because it was just sent out as the first in the Offshore/Ohm series. But it is dope, and the series is dope and Fanu owns joo so it must be played Wink
2. Breakage - Disco 45 VIP - Breakin Breakage is soooo on fire right now and this track proves it. Hard hitting and dubby. Thanks to Rohan for this one.
3.Alpha Omega - Shack Up - Unsigned Just got a bunch of AO tracks and this one really stood out because its slammin. What else can I say? Listen to it yourself
4.Selector Moldy - Drink That Liquor - Unsigned I have been playing this tune for a while now - its just different from a lot of stuff out there, the structure, the way the drones play off themselves to make chords and melodies. The vocal hook is mad fun too. Someone sign this!
5. Sileni - ?????? - ??????? I got a CD from Chris a long time ago with no tracklisting and no label, So Chris or anyone else if you could id this track for me thanks in advance. It is one rough track though, that drum loop just does it for me everytime
6.Uzhas - Soulkast - Unsigned Almost forgot this one - Its the first DnB track made my some Russian producer. Absolutely shockingly awesome. Some wierd noises in this one that somehow occurred in the electronic transfer process......
7. Intex Systems - Drum Track 2 - Offshore Forthcoming on Offshore after the 10" series I believe…ASC has really put forth some amazing and forward thinking stuff as Intex Systems on Offshore, which by the way is my favorite label by far. Just check the back catalogue, the 10" series, and the forthcoming stuff if you don’t believe me.
8. Alpha Omega - Cats Eye - Unsigned I love this one, soooo experimental and crazy - goes all over the place and back again, just mental. Luvvvvv it.
9. Selector Moldy - Shoot It Down - Unsigned Ho lee shit. Sont you know that sometimes you hear a track that you love so much on so many different levels it changes everything? Seriously, someone sign this guy. Check out all his stuff at http://www.selectormoldy.com
10.Fanu - I Play It Cooler - Don’t Know Yet Fanu is the man and his music is fucking taking over. Until this stuff came along no one had done it like this before. That is why Fanu will school your ass. Just listen to the Finnish Edit Master.
11.Alpha Omega - Analyze Dem - Forestry Service Another Masterful AO track. Really loving the new stuff. Forestry Service is turning out to be quite the little label no? With some amazing forthcoming I eagerly await 001. Well done Machu!

Ok folks that’s it. Questions, Comments, Concerns? You feeling some of this shizzle or no?
all slamming tracks Xyxthumbs
will download this tomorrow. should be wicked!
Thx, will check it out later Grin
wicked, listening now Xyxthumbs

cats eyes is the bomb!

think the sileni track is 'pushing buttons'...could be wrong though.
Downloaded, will listen soon Smile
nice mix mate Xyxthumbs

when is fanu coming round to school my ass?!!
WOW!!!!!!!! Incredible Mix!!!!!!

I'm enjoning it!!!
woooooootage once agian Xyxthumbs
ps. Sileni - Pressing buttons , another wicked tune Slayer
dub-pl-ate session!!....
will definitely be downloading...Xyxthumbs
OH YES!

Icon_eek
awesome... awesome to the max!
downloaded it and it's great. nice one, really. Xyxthumbs
thanks all! glad everyone is enjoying it. this will probably become a semi regular thing Xyxthumbs
DLing now--can't wait to have a listen.
first of wikked mix..

but are these actually dubplates? or just CDS?

there is a huge distinction between having an unreleased track on a CD and having a dubplate..

it might be more appropriate to say "mix of unreleased material" (which is still just as cool)

j

0=0
0=0 Wrote:first of wikked mix..

but are these actually dubplates? or just CDS?

there is a huge distinction between having an unreleased track on a CD and having a dubplate..

it might be more appropriate to say "mix of unreleased material" (which is still just as cool)

j

0=0

well, this mix has both
but there has also been countless amount of dubs that never saw the day of release.. so weere they dubs in the first place, and actually what IS a dubplate, exactly?
^^^

bah...that sort of exclusivity need not be asked of someone posting a mix here...and to be honest, i think that sort of attitude should be on it's way out.

tunes are tunes. the differential 0=0 speaks of is that of status and hierarchy...("...big difference") which holds little water with me anymore.

good lookin mix! i'll grab it later at home...
oh yeah, i loved the tunes on this one aswell!
if I book this guy for an event and I don't have CDJs..can he play this set?

anyways..I hate nitpicking about this shit..because it's a wikked mix..I just see all these people calling CDs dubs...and there is a distinction...

j

0=0
^^^

werd....if it's a matter of nomenclature you speak of, i agree. there should be a differntial. it sounded like you were making allusions to the centiment of my previous post. my apologies if you weren't.

ps - how bout those pics? hahaha....as long as there are none of me.
yeah so ok there are no actual "dubplates" to be spoken of, I would rather not pay $40 for a record I can only play a limited # of times, which I think we all agree on. Especially since some of these tracks arent mastered, Ill just play the CDs thanks.

I still call this an "All Dubplates Mix" because I just feel that the term "dubplate" has expanded to include the new technology, and the term now simply means any material not released commercially on vinly or CD.

Yes, If you book me and didnt have CDJs I could still play this set because I just use a simple double CD player with pitch shift and a pitch bend wheel, like this: [Image: dn1800f.jpg] and these are in virtually every nightclub.

glad everyone is enjoying the mix!
need to call unreleased choons on cd something like, c-dubs.. or something..
i can bring FS to let him play, just gimme some crack, two rocks or more and you can have the damn thing. as long as its top quality stuff.
Pages: 1 2