come on then producers.....WHAT D'YA WANNA KNOW??

55 Replies, 10673 Views

RhythmicNature Wrote:I read an interview in which wookie said the same thing, but I don't think I understand properly. For example, you could get a sine bass, and a bass from some synth, and you mix them together? I assume that would cause frequency fuck ups and you'd have to tweak each source until they fit together - thus creating some textured bass - is that the right idea?

also, why is bass so important? who cares whether it can go down to 40hz or 30hz. At the end of the day, a tune is a tune, whether the bass is seismic, or not that seismic... right?

In some tunes I've done, esp with friends, we'll have the beats and samples, and then we add bass-lines and it just screws the whole fucking thing up - the tune becomes about the bass and nothing else - man I have so much to learn!

32(.

RhythmicNature

layered bass is the fucking key to a well rounded textured bass. I do it everytime without fail.

remember be subtle. Get the hook or phrase going and then gently add your herbs and spices, too many and you get a brown sticky mess!!

Messages In This Thread
come on then producers.....WHAT D'YA WANNA KNOW?? - by Blue - 4th February 2003, 18:39
come on then producers.....WHAT D'YA WANNA KNOW?? - by Blue - 5th February 2003, 14:32
come on then producers.....WHAT D'YA WANNA KNOW?? - by Blue - 5th February 2003, 14:33
come on then producers.....WHAT D'YA WANNA KNOW?? - by Blue - 5th February 2003, 18:01
come on then producers.....WHAT D'YA WANNA KNOW?? - by Blue - 26th February 2003, 15:36