Evil Robots Attacking Me?... punk, metal, hardcore

1924 Replies, 1329102 Views

Semantics aside, most rawk musicians secretly wants to be their own version of pop relics - whether it be The Shangri-Las, The Who, Lady Gaga, Kiss, Slipknot, etc. Theatrics, impact, adrenaline is the basic foundation right? Quick release, or 18 min doom metal jams. Adrenaline exists in all extremes. It is an energy that you don't even necessarily need all 5 senses to appreciate. I went to school that had a program for deaf kids so YES, I grew up in school with deaf skateboarder kids who were equally into punk rock, had all the t-shirts and posters in their school lockers. They were even MORE into P.I.L than I was. I asked one of them, naturally ".. how do you hear the music?" Dude said "... I hear the bass, the vibration.. " i.e. THE ENERGY. That's all I needed to hear. I get it. Vibration creates energy, and gets you UP.

Like sex.

Rock music is sexual. That's why it was forbidden early on, and censored, and STILL censored in come cases. Aspects of the industry will always be threatened. Whether it be via traditional rock channels, or excursions around said channels. And perhaps that is a good thing. FEAR sells music. Maybe that will never change? The transmission of ideas will always threaten people. More so now. And yeah, Statto is right, lyrics are not needed. It is the act alone of being visible, or receiving of an energy that scares people still - or creates happiness for an audience. Vibrations maaaaaaan. As an aside, Alexisonfire was top 40 pop music in Canada. It was very interesting to witness. Within "extreme musics", there as aspects of more popular black metal that I consider pop music. The second somebody puts a band poster up on their wall, pop. No? I first saw images of Siouxsie Sioux & Robert Smith in Smash Hits Magazine before I even heard the music at all as a child. The images alone create curious energies, ya know what I mean? Energy can do somethings in people's lives ha.

Just some thoughts.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Embraced By The Anti Self... punk, metal, hardcore - by +ToRMeNT+ - 17th September 2020, 23:37

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  20 favourite post punk (new wave) LPs Statto 71 52,774 10th January 2024, 14:06
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  [Theory & Premise] "Progressive House" is Entirely Post-Punk +ToRMeNT+ 71 50,615 8th March 2023, 22:27
Last Post: thirdform
  31 Days of Post Punk Statto 34 6,428 31st May 2022, 07:21
Last Post: Statto
  post punk documentary Statto 0 980 11th February 2022, 15:02
Last Post: Statto
  Queer as Punk Statto 1 4,994 31st July 2017, 00:36
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+