Suffering for Art?

4 Replies, 788 Views

How hard do you try?

Fucking discuss!!!
its a constant internal battle between hating myself and eveything i do and keeping shit together, i cause myself no end of headaches and stress simply because i feel i can do better and work harder and i rarely actually like or really appreciate anything i do..

dont stop me tho Icon_yippee
Just below hard enough. I've been trying a bit too hard though recently. I haven't finished a new tune in ages, except for a remix of my Froxel project's "Spaced In" by another alter ego of mine called 'Anyapax. I'll post it soon. (It's getting a release on Zeal Records.) I've been working on some tunes for ages and haven't been able to finish and unfortunately wiped part of my hard drive in a formatting accident. Icon_cry In a way it's a good thing cause I wasn't totally happy with those tracks except for one, and I think I can piece it back together cause I have most of the parts. So I'm just gonna get back in there and keep trying even tough I haven't liked my recent output. But like bob says we just keep striving. Never give up!
i have 30+ tracks that i start and then think, actually i can do better than this and give up about 30 hours in.. suffice to say i haven't actually finished anything in 6 months... it used to be quite fun when i worked with gary [as rareform] as if i ever got to a point like this i could just send him the thing.. it's more annoying that the style of d&b i love isn't going to shit many units... on occasion i've thought to myself.. why don't i just make some reese/tramen thing and be done with it.... it's usually at that point i stick on an archive from technicality and get my head back in check.
i love suffering for my art......

money, hell no.
success, fuck shit.
depression, yes please.
sucking the Mans dick, yes please...
alcohol problem, yes please
die young and rock hard, yes please.

mmmmm taste that cum money!!

stand up for rock and roll.........