Bluntboy - Detritus (120bpm experimental business)

6 Replies, 3599 Views

NEW TUNE - Detritus

http://www.jhills.dsl.pipex.com/Detritus.mp3

Me playing the acoustic and electric guitar, lots of 'found sounds', including Tubes, buses, coke cans, bottles, keys, Minidisc motors, washing machine, mobile phone static noises, cutlery holders, a door squeaking, a vacuum cleaner, various scrapes, some ambience recorded at Brent Cross shopping centre, along with some breaks action. oh and me, er, chanting (I guess you could call it that).

all at a wonderfully accessible 120bpm
nabbing this Xyxthumbs
On the pinch.........
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
this is very very nice indeed. love it when it drops out at about 2:10 or so - not that i don't like the guitar part Smile

i think the guitar could be set back a little more, it doesn't quiiiiite gel with the rest of the mix. sounds a bit 'man in bedroom room with guitar and mic', whereas the rest is very spacious. i think it's just a matter of more reverb and turning it down a fraction.

but then i am on my work pc speakers, so this could all be bollocks.

fucking lovely tune though man - really like your stuff jules Wave
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Macc Wrote:On the pinch.........

Oops I first read that as'one inch punch' Hahaha
Cheers Macc.

I've been umming and aahing over whether to put more reverb on the guitar. Kinda wanted it to have a 'natural' feel but didn't want it to sound too crummy in the mix. Will have play around with it.
Somewhere between.

Doesn't need to be 80's Paul Simon style 50 year long decay-verb..... Just back in the mix a little and blended a touch better with all the other (gorgeous) elements.

As I say though - work PC speakers Neutral I do know them pretty well now though.

I can't hear sub bass, but my desk shakes a little when it's right Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aural Blueprint - "Devachan" - serious ambient business! The Silent Coup 9 2,663 13th May 2010, 11:26
Last Post: The Silent Coup
  Future Forces - Dark Experimental Dubstep future forces 7 3,233 27th January 2010, 15:03
Last Post: future forces
  funkerrrr-Love Suite, 320kbps, noise, experimental phoonkah 3 2,080 28th November 2007, 10:59
Last Post: Statto
  Oplin - Muggy (experimental electro-step) oplin 9 4,074 17th September 2007, 21:17
Last Post: Macc
  Aperture - Things Change (liquid/neuro business from Texas) desantnik 1 1,645 21st January 2006, 12:23
Last Post: Statto