Quiz - What gender is your brain?

10 Replies, 6208 Views

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/hottopics/i...quiz.shtml

Do this BBC fun quiz - Although men and women have pretty-much the same brain function, I am apparently more like a man! I was good at problems involving rotation and 3D stuff, but I was bad at memory, colour and shape recognition, and noticing subtle changes.

When testing men and women in these things, there is statistically no real difference, but there are a few tests where the difference between man and lady results come higher than the statistical likelihoods.

This might well be dependent on culture and gender stereotypes - there are a lot more leisure activities and varied schools in the west where both men and women can brush up on all skills that were supressed when they were younger gender stereotyped children!
[Image: mantis.jpg]
Quote:you're neither an owl nor a lark
you have no particular sleeping tendency.

i go to sleep anywhere, anytime

[Image: sleeping.gif]
i am totally equal and they could not decide - a bit of a let down really

but the bbc science website is quality - i didnt know about it until now, thanks!
you changed the quiz Smile
Lata Wrote:
Do this BBC fun quiz - Although men and women have pretty-much the same brain function, I am apparently more like a man! I was good at problems involving rotation and 3D stuff, but I was bad at memory, colour and shape recognition, and noticing subtle changes.

I was the other way round

Quote:You did well at the tests that women are generally good at

[Image: queen.gif]
YEah, I cahnged it from "are you an early morning lark or a night owl?" because that was boring - much more fun to see if you have a gender-bending mind!
[Image: mantis.jpg]
Lol I'm a girl
it said i'm equal on both maters
yo how bout a quiz wether you black o you white?....lol
indasonic Wrote:it said i'm equal on both maters

same as that!
Bumping this "Similar Thread"...

Lata Wrote:Do this BBC fun quiz - Although men and women have pretty-much the same brain function, I am apparently more like a man! I was good at problems involving rotation and 3D stuff, but I was bad at memory, colour and shape recognition, and noticing subtle changes.

When testing men and women in these things, there is statistically no real difference, but there are a few tests where the difference between man and lady results come higher than the statistical likelihoods.

This might well be dependent on culture and gender stereotypes - there are a lot more leisure activities and varied schools in the west where both men and women can brush up on all skills that were supressed when they were younger gender stereotyped children![/color]

Have you read Cordelia Fine's 'Delusions of Gender'? Wave

(not Lata comes here any more)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Machine Music Quiz Statto 0 1,420 20th March 2018, 20:56
Last Post: Statto
  The Gender Gap Lata 30 21,452 24th November 2016, 14:07
Last Post: Muttley
  Pope puts stress on gender roles Statto 13 9,198 6th August 2015, 00:43
Last Post: noisemonkey
  The stats quiz that tests your vulnerability to spin Statto 6 3,098 23rd October 2012, 19:14
Last Post: Shiva
  The Gender Revolution For Boys Statto 3 3,183 16th August 2012, 13:34
Last Post: widzhit