Attenzione Statto!

28 Replies, 5433 Views

Since you posted about it before, I thought you might appreciate this site, created by a friend in HK:

http://www.goodbyeleslie.com

Apparently it's become hugely popular.

Also, thought you might find it marginally interesting to know that as of yesterday, Cecil Taylor is now a doctor. Columbia conferred an honorary Doctorate yesterday for lifetime achievement (my girlfriend, being a graduate, saw it...I sadly, did not).

Also, how many god damned posts must one have to get a yellow tape reel???
pieter Wrote:Also, how many god damned posts must one have to get a yellow tape reel???

That right there is PURE CLASS !!!

Those TAPE REELS up until this very moment were merely nuclear radiation signs.

But now

ALL HAIL THE YELLOW TAPE REELS
and the answer is 100

check the bottom of the statistics page Xyxthumbs
pieter Wrote:since you posted about it before, i thought you might appreciate this site, created by a friend in hk:

http://www.goodbyeleslie.com

Xyxthumbs

pieter Wrote:also, thought you might find it marginally interesting to know that as of yesterday, cecil taylor is now a doctor. columbia conferred an honorary doctorate yesterday for lifetime achievement (my girlfriend, being a graduate, saw it...i sadly, did not).

Xyxthumbs

shall i post a list of my cecil collection? Grin

pieter Wrote:also, how many god damned posts must one have to get a yellow tape reel???

100 — if you'd split your very long posts into numerous short ones you'd be there already

Hahaha
"I've got 3 yellow tapey things" Ralph
Statto Wrote:shall I post a list of my Cecil collection? Grin

Why? Is it like your Cert18 collection? Wink

I'm not at all a completist, but I've got his essentials from the first albums right up through the late 90s. A favorite of the somewhat more latter work is him with Art Ensemble; that, and "For Olim."

The $64,000 question is (since you've not seen AEC...sorry, going to rub that one in for besting my C18 collection), have you seen him live, and if so, solo, or in ensemble?

While on the subject, what's your take on Henry Threadgill, under his own name and Air, and David Murray? There's no particular connection there, but, well, just thought of it.
Statto Wrote:100 — if you'd split your very long posts into numerous short ones you'd be there already

You
mean
this?
Consider
this
a
shot
across
the
bow.
Now then! Give me my damned yellow tape reel or the next thousand word essay will be posted word-per-entry style!

Twisted Icon_eek
201tongue
Hey, wow...

<----------------LOOK!!!

Only three to go til I get a god damned yellow tape reel!!!!

Wheeeee!!!
can't believe you actually stranded a post away from the yellow tape reel...how funny is that?
pieter Wrote:Hey, wow...

<----------------LOOK!!!

Only three to go til I get a god damned yellow tape reel!!!!

Wheeeee!!!

shcoking revelations....

its a good Job the Almighty Zeus isnt about, or he may look down upon the acts in this thread with disgust and utter disbelief.

Then you wouldnt wanna even think about the wrath that he could lay down from above to rain on your parade....

:shocks :burn
pieter Wrote:why? is it like your cert18 collection? Wink

i'm not at all a completist, but i've got his essentials from the first albums right up through the late 90s. a favorite of the somewhat more latter work is him with art ensemble; that, and "for olim."

hmmm... sounds like your cecil collection might be more impressive than mine so i shan't post it after all. Hahaha

but yeah, for olim Xyxthumbs — other favourites: looking ahead (very early) and silent tongues (total onslaught solo performance at the 1974 montreux jazz festival)

pieter Wrote:the $64,000 question is (since you've not seen aec...sorry, going to rub that one in for besting my c18 collection), have you seen him live, and if so, solo, or in ensemble?

only once — playing duo with tony oxley (drums) — maybe 15 years ago. it wasn't the best gig since tony oxley was too loud. Roll

pieter Wrote:while on the subject, what's your take on henry threadgill, under his own name and air, and david murray? there's no particular connection there, but, well, just thought of it.

never really got into his stuff and haven't bothered to check him in years — maybe i should give him another go. Icon_question
pieter Wrote:now then! give me my damned yellow tape reel or the next thousand word essay will be posted word-per-entry style!

Hahaha

pieter = down with the cause

Xyxthumbs
pieter Wrote:while on the subject, what's your take on henry threadgill, under his own name and air, and david murray? there's no particular connection there, but, well, just thought of it.
statto Wrote:never really got into his stuff and haven't bothered to check him in years — maybe i should give him another go. Icon_question

Icon_eek i found yesterday that i do have some henry threadgill — playing alto on material - memory serves (celluloid 1981)

material = sonny sharrock, fred frith, fred maher, bill laswell, michael beinhorn
+ guests... henry threadgill, george lewis, olu dara, billy bang, charles k. noyes

Xyxthumbs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Attenzione DJ ML Sir Loris of Crowthorne 1 978 10th June 2012, 19:15
Last Post: DJ ML
  Attenzione Mr Wilsh of Wilshire J.DIGITAL 21 2,536 11th July 2010, 17:59
Last Post: Phokus
  Attenzione Roberto Strikilli Sir Loris of Crowthorne 0 630 19th May 2010, 12:03
Last Post: Sir Loris of Crowthorne
  Attenzione Delta Sir Loris of Crowthorne 0 614 12th November 2008, 14:04
Last Post: Sir Loris of Crowthorne
  Attenzione Beckette B 3 880 31st January 2008, 23:08
Last Post: B