Getting fit

16 Replies, 719 Views

i'm going to get started next year Icon_eek

for too long i have remained in this state of lethargy. i'm fucking lazy and need to fix up.

does anyone else have this problem? the 'i'm really worried about exercising' problem? Smile i intended to get started a few years ago, but i've been busy you see, and as a result i've only just remembered again.

it's a chore isn't it. although once i get started, i'm sure it'll be alright.

yet more proof that dope did me no favours Yes

i feel a lot better now :d
was almost a black belt on judo and purple belt on jius jitsu, univeristy was my drug, stoped and never came back Icon_sad

I'm with the same concern as you sloc. The damm thing it's the kickstart Grumble
Swimming crew.
sir loris of crowthorne Wrote:getting fat

[Image: homer4.gif]
Aqua aerobics cru - and you can get to check out all the laydeeeeees boobs heaving up and down!! Teef
Co..Cou...Could you possibly rewind and come again?
It is all about will-power and determination. Once you have started you will se results depending on your mentality rather than what you practice and when you practice. It is a committment.
djfracture Wrote:swimming crew.

agree [Image: hihi.gif] Yes
[Insert signature here]
just get started & keep at it.

You really have to win the mental battle with yourself though & from there ur well on your way.
'There's no such thing as selling out just buying in'

Chuck D
I'm going for my blue belt in tae kwon do in about 6 months i reckon. Starting a 12 week regime probably after Xmas to get back in shape. I'm 14 and a half stone at about 6 foot and I feel too big, need to tone up for the laydeez me reckons.

Jig
jum pup Wrote:i'm going for my blue belt in tae kwon do in about 6 months i reckon. starting a 12 week regime probably after xmas to get back in shape. i'm 14 and a half stone at about 6 foot and i feel too big, need to tone up for the laydeez me reckons.

Jig

your fucking lucky mate!

i'm 6,1 & 18stone with about 3 stone of that being un-needed fat Icon_eek

in fairness i have giganormous muscles but also have the un-enviable ability to store fat from every bit of food i eat & probably just from looking at certain foods.

and the sweet,sweet guinness over here doesn't help the situation either No

Chuck D
true, smoking dope finally proved too much for me.. stopping all that shit and alcohol, and getting back on the bike was the best thing to happen to me in years.. if you can't ride, swim or run, or do it like muhammad ali and miles: get in the ring

:fightclub:

-and yep, you need absolute determination and/or push/pull stimulus, or it won't happen. think about this, if you stay on your ass smoking and drinking, one day you could get really, really sick. -and believe me, you just don't want that to happen, right? -hey, anything, even a push stimulus like that to get you going.
Sir Loris Of Crowthorne Wrote:I'm going to get started next year Icon_eek

For too long I have remained in this state of lethargy. I'm fucking lazy and need to fix up.

" x 1,000,000
This year I have gone from being mildly unhealthy to being super super fit to weed-addicted and with blood pressure seemingly through the roof.

Weed's got to go, drumming and kung fu must return.

Which reminds me what I was going to say - if you can find something where the exercise is NOT the main focus, like kung fu, drumming, salsa dancing or limbo or whatever, then it is much easier to keep it up. Learning stuff keeps your mind interested and too busy to notice you're getting exercise Grin
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Don't think, just do. If you think about it ("I have to go to the gym tonight" or whatever) it will never happen. If you bumble into exercise like a vaccuous zeppelin as I do, then I find you get more done!

Plus, afterwards, when the endorphines kick in, you're really glad you did.
Macc & Shaman u really have a point there.

U have 2 trick the mind or u just lose interest & focus.

Chuck D
Shaman Wrote:like a vaccuous zeppelin

Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha

Oi Ted, what you doing this week?

Friday = beer and no fucking gym, alright?
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
alpha omega Wrote:your fucking lucky mate!

i'm 6,1 & 18stone with about 3 stone of that being un-needed fat Icon_eek

in fairness i have giganormous muscles but also have the un-enviable ability to store fat from every bit of food i eat & probably just from looking at certain foods.

and the sweet,sweet guinness over here doesn't help the situation either No

six foot one and 18 stone

big jungilist with no old jungle. colin you and me would have looked the part drivin around dublin listenind to darren jay at the edge

propa boh i tell thee

give us your old jungle?

i know you didnt throw it away

go on go on go on go on go on go on

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  since the 'getting fit' thread has vanished cordani 209 44,505 13th July 2011, 01:10
Last Post: 8bits
  Hampshire police release 'lettuce' e-fit of suspect Paradigm X 4 1,754 22nd September 2010, 11:52
Last Post: subvert
  Getting fit Alexander. 62 2,785 14th December 2009, 23:26
Last Post: djr005
  Cornelius-Fit Song & Vid Appreciation thread ALPHA OMEGA 2 539 2nd July 2007, 10:36
Last Post: cycom
  Did you ever think Macc would fit in a bargain bin ? Code 23 2,758 14th February 2007, 11:36
Last Post: esb