ear plugs for raving

22 Replies, 3830 Views

ive just started uni at sussex in brighton, and have been to several ravey clubs already in the one week ive been here. ive realised my eardrums will be getting a hammering over the next 3 years. i want to invest in earplugs, but know nothing about the subject. being a student, i have a smallish budget, so could someone point me to some earplugs or a brand thereof, under about £50, that will protect my ears against a 35k rig blasting out jungle to some extent without distorting my frequency range too much. if such a product exists Wink

thanks in advance, j.
http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er20.aspx

etymotic er-20

fyi, etymotic = elacin

i use those when djing.
they just bring the volume down without muffling the sound.
highly highly recommended!
cost around 20 eur.

the only downside is that they come out of your ears, but thats mostly a problem for djs; but it's fine with me as the cups of my stanton headphones are pretty deep, and the etymotics fit in there nicely!

Xyxthumbs
hmmm, you say mostly a problem for djs, but will moshing to noisy gabber cause them to fall out do you think? Smile
no they def wont fall out!
they stick in your ear very firmly.
ive even tested that: ive put one in my ear and gave it a proper rubbing with my headphones and it still aint come off!
nice one for that, ill check my finances then place an order.
Those ones are great if you're on a budget, but I definitely wouldn't use them for playing out.

Fanu, I'd really recommend checking out the moulded plugs, they're utterly fantastic Smile 160 quid or thereabouts, but fully worth the money and will last you for as long as your ears stay the same shape Baffled
WEARING EAR PLUGS AINT KEEPIN IT REAL!

IMMA GO KICK REDEYES ASS!

:/
fanu Wrote:http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er20.aspx

etymotic er-20

fyi, etymotic = elacin

i use those when djing.
they just bring the volume down without muffling the sound.
highly highly recommended!
cost around 20 eur.

the only downside is that they come out of your ears, but thats mostly a problem for djs; but it's fine with me as the cups of my stanton headphones are pretty deep, and the etymotics fit in there nicely!

Xyxthumbs

i use them!! ftw!
UFO_over_easy Wrote:Fanu, I'd really recommend checking out the moulded plugs, they're utterly fantastic Smile 160 quid or thereabouts, but fully worth the money and will last you for as long as your ears stay the same shape Baffled

best thing i ever bought!!
i'd love some molded ones but i dont have £160 to spend on earplugs at this point. plus the fact that i would inevitably lose at least one of them sooner or later.
fanu Wrote:ive even tested that: ive put one in my ear and gave it a proper rubbing with my headphones and it still aint come off!

Waaaaay too much time on your hands. :P

(if i had to be honest, i'd say save up for the proper moulded earplugs....it's a one off payment and your ears will be safe forever.....as long as you wear them!).
Alpine Music Safe plugs are very good too apparently..
dice Wrote:Alpine Music Safe plugs are very good too apparently..

I`ve got those. Pretty satisfied about them, though they reduce the highs a bit much. Payed about 30 euros, definately worth it.
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jun05/ar...0605_2.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWqJqnhLtHo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWqJqnhLtHo
Rolled up bits of tissue if I forget my spongy yellow disposable ones.

Smile

I've lost too many earplugs to be spending £160 on them. And most club systems NEED muffling.
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
UFO_over_easy Wrote:Those ones are great if you're on a budget, but I definitely wouldn't use them for playing out.

Fanu, I'd really recommend checking out the moulded plugs, they're utterly fantastic Smile 160 quid or thereabouts, but fully worth the money and will last you for as long as your ears stay the same shape Baffled

absolutely agree! best investment you'll ever make if you want to keep making music..

i was lucky, my hearing is still tops after 13+ years of heavy abuse. but i wont take any chances from here..
re: the losing em thing - if you spend 160 quid on something, you tend to take care of it better Smile

There's no chance of losing them in a club either - they're fitted so well they'll never come out of your ears until you take em out at the end of the night.
UFO_over_easy Wrote:re: the losing em thing - if you spend 160 quid on something, you tend to take care of it better Smile

Indeed, but when you have a whole drum kit to take care of little things are much harder to keep track of Smile

Quote:There's no chance of losing them in a club either - they're fitted so well they'll never come out of your ears until you take em out at the end of the night.

Have you seen the size of my ears? Teef
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
[Image: dumbo.jpg]

aww

macc Wrote:but when you have a whole drum kit to take care of little things are much harder to keep track of

tru dat!
UFO_over_easy Wrote:re: the losing em thing - if you spend 160 quid on something, you tend to take care of it better Smile
still though, it will inevitably happen to me. maybe when i have some serious liquid assets to dispose of.
It's the liquid 'assets' that make me lose things Hahaha

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
No way Mr. Raving Face appreciation, ya dun nuh +ToRMeNT+ 2 1,315 29th July 2019, 15:12
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  In ear headphone recommendations socialengineer 4 1,564 22nd October 2012, 22:16
Last Post: socialengineer
  Stress Assassin - Within the office of eye and ear apogee 2 1,924 26th September 2011, 21:08
Last Post: HiddenSound
  In Ear Headphones beckett 13 2,252 11th May 2010, 18:08
Last Post: thush-ara
  ellsmore - one man raving machine rondema 10 1,753 12th December 2009, 09:06
Last Post: Annastay