The Return of Sonic and Silver

27 Replies, 2948 Views

SONIC and SILVER

SONIC and SILVER have recorded music for some of the biggest labels in the Drum & Bass scene, such as Metalheadz, Virus Recordings, Timeless, Renegade Hardware, V Records, Digital Soundboy, Infrared, Reinforced, Soul:r, React, T.O.V., Space Recordings, Bad Company, L Plates, Science Fiction, Industry, Chronic, Dsci4 and many more.

2007 is a year that is set to truly show people the extent of musical quality that SONIC and SILVER possess and below is the reason why...

SONIC and SILVER - 2007 Bookings now being taken!!!

Tour 1
Space Recordings presents "The Return of Sonic and Silver"

Also known as ‘The Accidental Heroes’, the duo was formed in early 1999 in South Manchester, England. Sonic and Silver have been everywhere – in terms of labels, and geographically speaking. From Virus to Timeless they’ve created music that defies categorisation. However, they are perhaps most famous for two styles in particular – the house-influenced sound which they helped develop with J Majik in 2001, and their many dub-influenced tunes they released on labels such as Reinforced and Metalheadz.

With seminal tracks such as Sonic’s anthem ‘Even When It Rains’ on Infrared, 'Rocket Launcher' on Virus and 'Under the Sun' on Soul:R, Sonic and Silver are once again back, in a big way! With Sonic coming to Los Angeles, where Silver is now based, a new project has begun. The two Mancunian lads are coming back with a statement bolder than ever before: ‘The Return of Sonic & Silver’ LP/EP series on Space Recordings. They will once again tour the world together, bringing on the sounds that only they know how.

The first EP in the series is already setting the scene alight with Silver’s massive ‘Tronik House’ and Sonic’s equally murderous ‘House Is a Way of Life’. That house-influenced sound that Sonic & Silver are famous for is taken to all new levels of impact. This EP has been receiving support on BBC Radio 1 from Grooverider and Fabio, on 1Xtra by Baliey, L Double and Flight and by DJs across the world.

Want to be part of the tour? Then please contact Mike on:
[email protected]
0044 (0)7970 351 417

http://www.industryartists.co.uk
http://www.myspace.com/industryartists

Industry Artists is part of MLK Enterprises
Neutral
cordani Wrote:Neutral
Neutral
meh
I like the track they wrote for the Soul:r E.P. 'Under the Sun' if i recolloct correctly.

Very very nice it was!
lol. it happened again!
Neutral
Gruber
If they are coming back to do more tracks like "On The Anson" / "Into The Light" or stuff like they did on their Reinforced EP then it will be a welcome return !

Cool
code Wrote:if they are coming back to do more tracks like "on the anson" / "into the light" or stuff like they did on their reinforced ep then it will be a welcome return !

Cool

Yes
their Headz 12 is ruuuuuuuuuff Cool
"the harder they come" on LIcon_razzlates is a rough tune as well...

haven't really liked anything they did since they turned absolutely gash around 2002 when everyone threw their taste out the window to make disco dnb...

what a great idea THAT was...

i'm not a virus fanboy, i don't even own any virus records [apart from wormhole which i found in a charity shop] but christ almighty "rocket launcher" was a shitty brown stain on their copybook..
...it's like a bloody LIBRARY out there!!! http://twitter.com/executivesteve
dj deval Wrote:Industry Artists is part of MLK Enterprises

Hahaha

[Image: OCP_Robocop.jpg]
tyranny Wrote:i don't even own any virus records

crikey virus have some gems in their back cat....pure gems
"Stars of our desination", "Precinct 13" the sniper remix where pretty tuff.

the headz release was the OK and the reinforced was slack IMO.

Digital Soundboy? which release was that then?
scope Wrote:
tyranny Wrote:i don't even own any virus records

crikey virus have some gems in their back cat....pure gems

i know! just never really got into that sound for some reason...
...it's like a bloody LIBRARY out there!!! http://twitter.com/executivesteve
I quite enjoy "The Harder They Come" great 12".

Can't say I much care for their Metalheadz outing.

Also really like the first two 12s on Science Fiction. Class stuff there.
"the harder they come" is an all-time fave. "innacorner" on the metalheadz LP is also nice.

don't think I'll be picking up any of this new stuff though ... Neutral
these guys were responsible for some AMAZING tunes when they were together

Even When It Rains (Original Mix)
Innacorner
The Stars Our Destination LP
Rise Up EP
The Headz 12"
UNDER THE SUN
Generation Dub EP
Harder They Come / Prelude
Gyro / Science

And I'm sure I'm leaving some out...I remember the first two records on Science Fiction being good, but I never got them so I don't really remember...
Cloak and Dagger Wrote:And I'm sure I'm leaving some out...I remember the first two records on Science Fiction being good, but I never got them so I don't really remember...

you're right actually !

http://www.discogs.com/release/18756

the 2nd Science Fiction 12" was deadly, both sides.

played it alot when it came out.

one side is kinda reminiscent of Danny Breaks Cool
Cloak and Dagger Wrote:Prelude

Thats the one, I love that intro!!!!!

edit.... thanks admin
"orion" on l plates needs a mention too Grin
http://www.discogs.com/release/13563

and "soulfood" on scifi is such a wicked tune...
metric Wrote:edit.... thanks admin

Wave
Lucas on TOV Champion Sounds LP was pretty manic

Rounds on Battle Of The Breaks LP was a classy roller

favourite Accidental Heroes track is Closer on Fuze
I like the stuff they did on SEGA.

Teef

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sonic Youth? 8bits 15 6,171 5th August 2023, 04:40
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  For sale: omni trio, dj asend, digital, sonic n silver 247 1 832 12th January 2012, 21:48
Last Post: 247
  Dillinja - Silver Blade rmx! safetyboy 42 7,191 10th October 2009, 10:06
Last Post: Ornette
  A Silver Mount Zion vvr 2 861 6th October 2008, 07:39
Last Post: vvr
  Xanopticon "The Silver Key" = Neuroflashnbass devnull 7 1,516 29th November 2007, 18:21
Last Post: Muttley