Slayer creation help please

24 Replies, 2353 Views

Wave

i need a bit of help...

i have created my first slayer - i have two layers, the slayer hand and the object (yes, an eq Oops ). there's 2 animation slices in imageready, and the preview thing is perfect. the eq layer moves up and down in the customary slayer fashion, and it's spot on.

but i can't export the fucker properly - i get three images, one for each half of the hand and then the animated eq going up and down.

it's doing my nut in Mad

apologies to stacks - i just sent this as a pm but the tosser has gone offline. Teef

edit - .psd attached in zip. all help appreciated! Smile
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
when u get it done, can u pls post info as to how to do the whole thing: been a few times when ive wanted to do a few slayers myself! Grin
No
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
dildorider
erm... I have no idea what you are talking about. Although I am stoned as a bat with a mouth full of chipsticks. I'll see if I can figure it out tomorrow
why can't this be about "slayer" ?
Applause it is long overdue mate Lol
The slices were to blame.
How do you do it though? For the future loike? What was wrong? Smile
Slices.

Dont make slices. Automatically saves them as seperate files.
I'm sorry... last night was my first try, so you'll have to spell it out Oops

So you need two layers, right?

Layer 1 = hand, layer 2 = eq

How do you make the eq jump about without having two animation slices?

Or are my terms confused, and you mean the hand is one slice (not layer) and the eq another? In which case, you need to save it all as one image (hand+eq) then chop the eq and animate that, right?

Baffled Oops

Thank you droid Kisskiss
nerds Roll
I would have 3 layers

Layer 1: hand
Layer 2: Eq in one position
Layer 3: Eq in next position

Then I would have 2 animation frames:

1. Layer 1 and 2 ON, layer 3 OFF
2. Layer 1 and 3 ON, layer 2 OFF

Don't use slices at all - they are for chopping up websites foir HTML etc. Not for this kind of thing.

Getme?

Stacks
[Image: banner2_590.jpg]
[Image: swbanner.gif]
[Image: BB_banner3.gif]
Droid - why not post the PSD for macc to look at?

Stacks
also - shouldn't the hand move and not the EQ?
Yeah, psd or stfu droid Smile

Thanks Stacks for the tip, I'll bear that in mind Smile And I'd always imagined the pultec headbanging Oops

Won't be long before a :33609slayer: emerges, I'll wager Teef
Grin Noice!
I didnt save it - just deleted the slices and exported the gif.

Theres 3 different things at work here.

Layers - Stack Vertically with transparent backgrounds like animation cells - you can have as many as you like.

Frames - Only available in imageready. Allows you to constuct and preview your animation - each frame plays after the previous frame.

Slices - The little scalpel tool. Used to cut up images for web use. Works completely independently of layers and frames. If you have more than one slice in your file (the default is one) Imageready will automatically chop up your image when you save as 'image only' and screw up yer animated gif.

You can have as many layers and frames as you like - but no slices. Open up your psd in imageready, click on the scalpel tool and then your canvas and youll see your slices. Right click and go 'delete slice' till they are all gone. Save as image only - and there ya go.
Icon_yippee Kisskiss I understand.

Thanks man Smile
Xyxthumbs

thatll be five hundred pounds please! Smile
Stacks Wrote:also - shouldn't the hand move and not the EQ?

Thought so too, but all the other slayers seem to be the same Baffled

I guess it's some very basic interpretation of the thing called "moshing" ... probably the closest you can get with an effects unit Roll
cycom Wrote:

[Image: slayermassif.gif]
Statto Wrote:
cycom Wrote:

[Image: slayermassif.gif]

Rofl

the annoyed dark green one on the top right is just too funny Hahaha
This is turning out to be a slayer appreciation thread Grin Teef
is it just me or is that pultec slayer missing a hand?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  willow the vampire slayer slayer! RhythmicNature 18 7,044 28th August 2012, 13:26
Last Post: Roo Stercogburn
  Slayer - Angel of Death Naphta 11 5,326 5th January 2012, 19:37
Last Post: InfiniteSloth
  new slayer album! safetyboy 10 1,208 3rd August 2006, 08:55
Last Post: Forensics
  new roni size tune :slayer: safetyboy 481 58,538 11th June 2006, 13:57
Last Post: ALPHA OMEGA
  monsta's emo slayer lol safetyboy 4 702 20th May 2006, 14:34
Last Post: Muttley