finally windows 7 ultimate

70 Replies, 8030 Views

just downloading full release version now from microsoft technet Smile
Please tell us if it's stable for more than 1 day =))
Me want. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it
RC1 has been really good so far Smile
[Image: 8-06-09win7chart2.jpg]

Lol
meh
Teef
ffs my sound card ain't got w7 drivers yet Neutral

Focusrite sort it out!

it is much faster even on slower systems if you got the drivers Hahaha
cycom Wrote:[Image: 8-06-09win7chart2.jpg]

Lol

'easy transfer' Hahaha
My mates been using the beta version the last few weeks and loves it. In his words....It just works!
For News/Audio/Bookings/Videos www.djtrax.wordpress.com
cycom Wrote:[Image: 8-06-09win7chart2.jpg]

Lol

Rofl

that picture actually makes me feel ill
I dont mean to start a flame war here but...

is it really that much better than vista?

IMHO M$ need to sack it off and start afresh imho. they may have rewritten alot of 95 for 98 and alot of 98 for Me and alot of Me for XP and alot of XP for vista and alot of vista for 7... you cant polish a turd and design by far flung commitee does not work. (please note the IMHO at the begining of that).

How did they manage to get the Xbox360 interface + xbla soo right? it still amazes me!
Starting to think about this.... What's the score then chaps? Worth getting on preorder to save some spondoolicks? Does it bloody work?
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Do NOT install this until all the drivers are available for your soundcards etc.

Yes it is quicker, yes it is more stable....

but the fact that there are fuck all drivers available for the sort of gear most of us are using renders it somewhat useless.

If you are intending on moving to 64bit and you use cubase, make sure your plugins are available in native 64bit mode because the 32bit bridge thing is patchy. although it could be down to the shite m-audio beta drivers i've had to resort to using. i made the mistake of upgrading my studio pc before checking all the drivers were available.

i also use it in work for software development and it's deadly...but then i didnt need to get any custom drivers Smile
I think, from a little reading, the only major problem would be UAD-2 related. I'll wait until they get that sorted I think. Seems to be worth doing the preorder jobby though, I think.
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Oh and piss on your face beckett etc etc
they already 7? is it really a complete rewrite or are they just lying again? Hahaha
I already preordered when I bought the new PC. Although I have Vista set up quite nicely atm.

Life is so good. Yesterday upgraded my Macs to Snow Leopard. Soon Windows 7 for my music pc Smile Hope it's really as good as they say...
i hope they fixed that botched audio pipeline. under vista the only way i could record sound at the os level was not to (had 2 sound cards that always worked on xp). so i ran a line from my headphone jack in to the mic jack. Mad
Icon_sad
cycom Wrote:Icon_sad

im talking about vista...
I know. lame, though.
quick update, most of my problems are a result of the VSTBridge thing, not drivers etc.

Apparently there is a workaround, a program called j-bridge that works better than steinbergs native solution...

my other big annoyance is access have yet to release a 64bit version of their TI software so me virus is out of action. WACK.
i had my soundcard working after just switching the firewire driver to legacy and was all cool Smile

what issues on the uad 2 then macc?
what was wrong with XP? Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows 10 Statto 40 22,454 16th February 2020, 19:39
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  Ultimate Subvert Central theme song!! devnull 14 7,412 18th March 2011, 22:11
Last Post: devnull
  Windows XP B 4 2,472 16th November 2008, 18:59
Last Post: mono_sono
  Windows Sir Loris of Crowthorne 2 1,849 14th January 2008, 14:52
Last Post: Statto