Hospital Records / Med School Music moments .. ?

37 Replies, 25065 Views

Hospital Records, Med School Music, subsidary labels all inclusive, any & ALL things related. 

Perhaps one of the most unique & diverse dnb record labels of all time, clearly a label that exists in their own realm since day. A label that could be one of the most commercial dnb platforms around, yet their roots have always been based in the most experimental, NOT GIVING A FUCK mentality, forever against the grain in ethics, which I've always enjoyed & appreciated from afar. They've had a history of releasing tunes, introducing & repping artists /producers that you wouldn't have heard anywhere else, and constantly delivering suprises within forward thinking music along the way. A process that the label has perfected imo.  

I've always appreciated the commerciality of the label, contrasted with releasing sometimes some of the most weirdest, musical, out there tunes around (remember when you first heard Bop?). Never ones to take themselves too seriously within the label's image, brand & range, which has always been inclusive & inviting to everyone of all sonic stripes. There are very few dnb record labels around still doing their thing that you can honestly say has accomplished all of that, pushing forward to this day. Noted.  

Personally, I've appreciated, enjoyed, and admired quite a bit of the music along the way.  Smile 

What have been your personal Hospital Records / Med School Music, et all, moments?    

Liking a fair bit of the recent debut ANILE "Perspective" lp (Med School) myself. You? 

Yes I would include the Etherwood "All Night" remix in the emotional amen track appreciation thread too. Sad2

the dub techno flourishes in "Once on the Cosmic Station" are kinda cool.  Well done.  

I love a fair bit of the early 2000s stuff. Some great liquid on Hospital, but they lost me after the High Contrast album, tbh.
Still, a soft spot in my heart for quite a few tunes on the label. Smile

Another percy. Stabs on this are wicked. Smile

^^ yes yes.

There's statement pieces for sure. This is still fantastic! The High Contrast remix was fun, Total Science did it for the win tho Smile Solid release imo.

And this. Smile

This is probably my favourite on the label tbh. 7" pressing and fun as hell. Smile

Been playing this again loads lately, such a fun tune, I think it was literally designed to be mixed into Use of Weapons - "Stan's Plan"; if you cue it up from the bit where the bassline switches about a minute from the end then you are onto an absolute winner tbh

...it's like a bloody LIBRARY out there!!! http://twitter.com/executivesteve
^^ niceness. I haven't heard Delta "Roots" for a bit, the energy in the tune is great! The wonkiness of that JFB tune could have easily appeared on an early Suburban Bass compilation or something, where you'd hear all kinds of samples over amens. Is jungle innit? Thanks for the posts Greenleaf Smile

new London Elektricity joint I'm digging as well. Melodies are great.

Sadly, I missed out on Ventura when it dropped on vinyl. One of those that I still need to get in the collection. Icon_sad

This is one that I do have though. Smile
One of the select few vocal tunes that I still rock.

This one too, such a tune, swear there are enough good tunes on Hospital to make it your favourite label if you are bothered enough to look for them, but there are also enough bad tunes on Hospital to make looking for the good ones a depressing endeavour, they are definitely miles away from where they were a few years ago when they were putting out wall to wall Netsky and Danny Byrd and Fred V & Grafix tunes.
...it's like a bloody LIBRARY out there!!! http://twitter.com/executivesteve
^^ I haven't heard that Klute jam for sooo long. beautiful.  So good.  Klute, Hospital, a *moment* indeed. I agree with the pros & cons with Hospital, totally. Hidden gems galore, which is what I like. Hence the thread.  

bigs.   Xyxthumbs   

You can also include Hospital Recs as an early source for breakstep garage, early dubstep related stuff as well back in the day. Another notch in their belt that I was on to. That Daluq (Zed Bias) "Feel it Out" remix was a fave of mine. boom!     

Unquote, Med School beauties.

never been a huge fan of Hospital myself – but I do have few bits, such as...

Falcon
^^ good stuff. Smile

R.I.P Diane Charlemange

classic vibes in this

I could do without the Reso brostep sounding stuff, but his dnb joints can get it in places. for sure.

musicality, technicality. atmos. crazy.

This one was nice too
Yes good label which was always keeping an open eye for other than strictly DnB tunnel vision. I have several plates of 'em myself. However, I haven't really followed Hospital's output much after 2004/5. Need to give my Hospital plates a spin again Smile
Music critic for the Tally Ho
(8th November 2015, 10:33)Dinsdale Wrote:
This one was nice too

Infinity Infinity Infinity
That finale of "Taiga"... dang.

0:00 Stray - Paradise
1:22 DJ Rashad - Pass That Shit
3:01 Alix Perez - Gully Halves
4:32 Anile - Exchange
6:20 Reso - Callisto
8:20 Emperor - Passed Up
9:55 Audio - Nil By Mouth
11:00 ?
12:35 ?
14:20 ?
16:00 Ivy Lab - Forex
18:19 Phil Tangent - Bedouin (feat. Steo)
20:09 Friction & Dimension - Kinetic
21:34 Reso - Move It
23:22 Phace & Misanthrop - Sex Sells
24:45 Audio - Ultron
25:58 Reso - The Blob
27:20 Fourward & Joe Ford - Katana
29:12 Black Sun Empire & State of Mind - Jack Nicholson
30:21 The Prodigy - Roadblox (Reso? Remix)
33:04 Ivy Lab - Sunday Crunk (Mefjus Remix)
35:00 ?
37:15 ?
38:21 Kasra & Enei - Inside The Box
39:45 Posij - Techplant
42:03 ?
43:35 Enter Shikari - Anaesthetist (Reso Remix)
45:34 Urbandawn - Neon Nights
48:37 Reso - Taiga

Borg

http://www.loopmasters.com/genres/15-Dru...telligence

lush.

New London Elektricity joints from the November 2015, "Are We There Yet?" lp

1) ADDISON GROOVE & DJ RASHAD - ACID BIT
2) ROCKWELL - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE (PLAY THIS ON THE RADIO)
3) ENEI - PROMETHEUS VIP
4) ICICLE & SPMC - DREADNAUGHT (PHACE REMIX)
5) ABSTRACT ELEMENTS - URANUS
6) SAM BINGA - GREATEST DISTANCE (IVY LAB REMIX)
8 ) ROYALSTON - BLIGHT MAMBA
9) BREAK - CONFIDENTIAL
10) HAZARD - DIGITAL BUMBLEBEES
11) ICICLE - SET IT OFF ( WAS A BE REFIX)
12) SAM BINGA - AYO (IVY LAB REMIX)
13) DIEMANTLE - SEX MACHINE
14) KIDKANEVIL FT ORIFICE VULGATRON - LEVEL UP
15) DIENAMNTLE - DAMAGEMENT
16) G JONES - BROKEN GLOWSTICKS
17) ALIX PEREZ X EPROM - CHIRON
18 ) IVY LAB FT. HAVELOCK - HIYA
19) ROYALSTON - THE WRATH OF MR SPARKLES
20) HAZARD - TIME TRIPPING
21) DOCTRINE - AIRLOCK
22) FRACTALE - NEVER CHANGE
23) CURRENT VALUE - GET DOWN TO IT
24) NOISIA & UPBEATS - OMNIVORE
25) HIDDEN TURN - EVERYTHING
26) VOLTAGE - SUSPICIOUS
27) WAS A BE - TEN YEARS

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE Path Optimist - NHS Hospital Music (FREE) Muttley 5 5,990 6th February 2018, 18:38
Last Post: Muttley
Cool Hard Hop / Progressive Breaks moments +ToRMeNT+ 6 6,190 16th August 2017, 02:44
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  RELEASE OUT NOW: THE OHM SERIES - AUDAPTA - MOMENTS OF MAGNITUDE PT.3 (Ohm019) Euphony 0 1,892 29th November 2015, 10:12
Last Post: Euphony
  RELEASE OUT NOW: THE OHM SERIES - AUDAPTA - MOMENTS OF MAGNITUDE PART 2 (Ohm018) Euphony 1 2,220 6th November 2015, 08:54
Last Post: Statto
  RELEASE OUT NOW: THE OHM SERIES:AUDAPTA -MOMENTS OF MAGNITUDE PART 1 Euphony 5 3,124 24th August 2015, 19:10
Last Post: MetaLX