SAMPLES 

FL - Electronic Harp Music [Updated Ad Hoc]

21 Replies, 8695 Views

https://focisleft.bandcamp.com/album/ele...harp-music

This is two tracks at the moment. Come back later for more.
Free to stream.
Artwork a vertically tilted Angel Park river photo, black/white tinted, with sepia and sketch modes.
Paint applied in FreshPaint and MS Paint digital programs.
Keeping things simple.

I have wanted to do more harp tracks for some time.
I use my electronic keypad on the laptop.
I process the sounds in Ableton Live 8 Suite.

Hope you enjoy. Smile
Respect goes to my 24 followers.
Mike
credits
released May 6, 2020

Thanks to my family for inspiring new material.
https://soundcloud.com/subversion-2/dred...olo-blocks

New piece; comment if you'd like more noise arythmia and musique concrete that does my head in like this Lol
Something for the grumpy junglist crew; SD remix.

An unreleased track with three incarnations at work today. This newer version, closer to "Two Masks" in vibe than Source Direct alias Mirage, feels at home in the SubVersion SoundCloud - it is a reinterpretation of one of the most percussively obscure tracks by joked tea boy Jim and Source Direct originators (see the jungle trials of Nico, and the comparison with Kemal & Rob Data, Ed Rush and Optical, and Manix and 4Hero).

In a Reinforced fashion, "Two Masks Ambient Influence", the tag of the work in progress, implements Latin Percussion, cavernous noise bass - similar to "Energy Flash" mentasm synthesis of hardcore's Joey Beltram, and the classic once riveted; as well, a generative slab of hardcore rave stabs on non-gentrified noughties synthesiser patches, that marks out this reinvention as closer to electroacoustic techno. Also recommended to fans of Oren Ambarchi sold on boomkat (around 2007, see "Trailing Moss In The Mystic Glow", less "Live Knots").

ritualism
source direct influence
Xyxthumbs

I know I've been banned many times from this forum, but I am not here to slag people off. I have, like all of us, had some tough times recently. Tongue out always. 
My biggest issue (almost a pun) has been stopping behaving like a dissociate. So? 
I find my very first Casio, bought by my parents 2012 Xmas, to be a therapy to stop my slagging. 
It has an array of harps in it. 
Not as in Andrea Parker 'kiss my arp' kind of techno; instead, baroque classical like Jean Jacques Perry meets the reachable dissonance of Stravinsky. 
Check SoundCloud for private and free tracks (over time)
I did delete one of your posts a week ago.
But you've never been banned Hugs
Thank you, I am glad to hear. 

There have been a few frustrations indeed, but little so that sites like Bandcamp are so, to us, overwroughtly saturated in playback bug fixes that have not been administered.

I too have thought of doing more social stuff like SC originally did here, I'm afraid I don't put faith in it though. I would feel like a trustafarian twit...
For all the labels trying to stay above water, is a lot of derivative music afloat in mainstream channels and not too much change in staying the same. 

But those labels are basically just ones that don't bother with this site any more on a publically weak and humble display; or SoundCloud; or Wire; Pitchfork; FACT Mag: instead they do social media. Thatcherism, obviously, appeals to the millennial majors - or just people with totalitarian views on cultural exchange.

Personally, if I love a cause or a function, I do not try and abuse it. Not only is it tripping on the guilt latch of spam incognito tricksterisms, oversaturation is just a greedy fable on "give me your money, forget the rest".

Real subverts aren't interested in money. Although I don't classify myself as either or. It's about freedom, freedom to do what contributors want, which has nothing to do with using a crowd to fund itself, which SC Vol.1-3 never did at all. 

Like www.weareie.com used to be, I'm not here to stir things up - which is why I created the filter blog SV in the first place; which Statto and other site owners decided to thread through this, the original forum. And kudos to them. 

The truth hurts - it hurt for me: people, defined as 'users', rather patronisingly, totally truthfully, are more concerned with content than what I used to do on DOA.

In other words: the "top-down" model does not work, it does not include the varied proponents of a ideal model of a community culture - but of course, there is a difference between ambitious hobby and full-on dive to the depths of Muttley miserabilism. Supposed miserable.

I am actually not sad at all, these days anyway, I'm just neutral, because it's only the effects of others that bother me. When label owners try and financially turn pedantic, I believe there is no place for that - it's scorn.

What is scorn again? Bookem and the other bookems. Put away your books, here comes Fred Durst. That type of ontology. So I choose to stay giving out freebies and serious albums for whoever wants to donate. It should not be a "of perusal" type of communism. Byzantine capitalism in modern music exists because every artist should be given their wage; and yes, finally, label owners, myself included, should not be keeping their coffers full while the unpaid [often] producers slave away on their next experiment and take all the risks of their own time, their own money, their own freedom. 

Any Julius Caesar does not have to act like a dick head, a Pontius Partridge - this is not the 19th Century. 

"Well, whether I pull the level or not is not the question".

"Yes it is!"

Wave
Fresh live showing, inspired by Icarus, Jiva, Macc, AFX & Lovesliescrushing

https://soundcloud.com/subversion-2/unfe...minutesmp3

Focis Right, FL & Dredge - Unfettered Live Version
Focis Right, Stung Cookie & Dredge - Unfettered LP - SoundCloud free Digital download - 1st proper artist album of 2021

"Unfettered" can mean "unpretentious"; "quite"; clumsy, even. There is the regular Troy McClure
voice of rehearsal Focis Right - FL in his 2007-2012 career span. But here, Mike's first official album from FL
in 2021, and mastered through over seven times by the artist, this album prefers to chuckle in imitation cosplay, not an abrasive pillaging of samples. For Mike FR, it makes sense: less poetry, add sonic sediment; few cliff faces, more tee total.

The record begins with some strumming frets on the Epiphone guitar he was in 2015 gifted, foolish it may be to present his newest harmonising musics in the start area. Well, much of this implies amateur Jack Rose if
they learned to play riffs using "Chromakey Dreamcoat" by Boards Of Canada acoustics as a memory device. Mike can't keep chords, saying enough, so what's left? 

The author was supposedly trying to use this record as a human body feeding diagram. 

According to Mike, the guitar is the easiest thing to do badly, because on a keyboard everything starts or can be cleaned up. 

We guess that explains the baroque, yes-wannabe tunings, so onto the next bit: bvdub-esque sustained drones of the kind Brock Van Wey on Glacial Movements gave out on his "The Art Of Dying Alone" from 2010. 

In the "Unfettered" inclusions, it's worth not leaving out Dredge as contributor. It's another of Mike's 2016 founded projects, very much about detuned drone rinse and tangle. These drones have systemic function; applied to with restraint. That's the intention, really: it's better of the same; Mike says he was working on collab Dredge's monikerisms early in 2000. 

As a adult record, a silhouette of the human body's digestion into the heart and lungs, it might be easier to say it's decently maturation. Folly, definitely, however as a drone lover there's to critics that's as unfettered as drone gets. ~ Andy Popin.
https://soundcloud.com/subversion-2/thwack-kickback

Fresh ten minute Ambient Noise free download
(13th July 2021, 17:47)Muttley Wrote: Ambient Noise

Falcon
https://soundcloud.com/subversion-2/clif...g-spectres

Softer ambient noise; designed for the ambient mix
https://soundcloud.com/subversion-2/fl-m...n-14072021

A influence macabre mash of Trevor Wishart, BJ Nilsen and Hildur Gudanottir Smile
Unsigned, unreleased, free download
Another little jam for people including Statto; a five minute Noise Design: two patches, arrythmatically patched, spun into one another, like curdling layers of pastry against honeyed jam

https://soundcloud.com/subversion-2/bile...t-03082021

"Bileological"

Influence:

"Honesty stinks a little. It's because it comes from deep inside you...it's covered in blood and bile, and tastes so self-entitled". 

~ Atmosphere [hip hop lyrics, from the album "Southsiders"]
Wave
New free DL, "Substantiated"

https://soundcloud.com/subversion-2/subs...d-17092021
Crevat Chumley 2-tracker

https://soundcloud.com/subversion-2/sets/crevat-chumley

Drums Lol
A fluctuation is a dream theory nightmare. Distancing in real life is a subjugated objective.
In either case, limiting our close contact, has been breached from the lockdown.
The inability to see, hear and smell a rat is man/girl/boy/woman made. Increasingly in plural.
As is the ability to leave some people alone, with our own devices for their own instances.
In the end, the need for devices to communicate is an objective from the root of inability.
Also explained as disability, disablement, or originally damping of the sensory approach.

These thoughts are two weeks of work on this album, gives "Fun Fair LP" a very Supertramp - Rudy songwriting eclipse.
Not as in "Total eclipse!" parody from the Fast Show; but the feeling like The Caretaker's "Death Of Rave" LP.
Being outside a rave is an eclipse, a parody, a signifier. Persistent phrase repetition demands short record repeat.
Even if the significant thing we take from the process is limiting, inability, disabling; or mastering innate.

On this release I tried, with collaborative help aplenty, to make the best from a limited, spaced-out sound menu.
There are few preset sounds; instead is relative sound design, but kept simplistic enough to hear differentiations.
As ever, go to the funfair, or leave it for the generations behind the madding crowd.

Muttley Subversion / Dredge.

Track notes:

1 - Funfair Suite
2 - Airborne Pathogen Suite
3 - Riffing Contour Suite

Completed a week after each other. The influences range across chill out music, Aphex Twin, Grouper and many musicians.
Texturally, I had the music of Oophoi (RIP) in mind to continue a type of mirrored, clandestine Cotswoldian blues soundscape.

Sample:

https://soundcloud.com/subversion-2/fun-...e-09012022
"Riffing Contour Suite"

https://soundcloud.com/subversion-2/riffing-contour

"Airborne Pathogen Suite"

https://soundcloud.com/subversion-2/airb...e-18012022

Xyxthumbs Grin
https://soundcloud.com/subversion-2/0602...-mixdown-1

Seventeen minute mixdown: Harbinger Psychedelia. 
Took over six hundred days to finalise. Tone deaf reverb and STS-21 synthesis imaginings. 
All information, spiel and subterfuge in the cloud link. 
One of the best tracks I've finalised in the "Vena Amoris" vein, with emphasis on details, and widescreen. 

Artwork took fifty minutes, in ms Paint. 
Centred on the relationship Black Metal, Heavy Metal and Drone Metal has with anti-fascist, clashing and symposium colour schemes, as well as painting efforts. 

I hope you enjoy it. Free download on request.
moving up on my to-listen-to list Xyxthumbs

I've just spent close to a month going through the entire Metalheadz 12" back catalogue

Willynilly
I did enjoy it Rainbow

Dredge - Shroedinger's Cat, Have A Catnap

Dantes Descent patch, WOK Pitchdelay, Sine16 Ableton 8 Suite patch, Biosphere STS-21 patch, STS-33 Compliment To Anne patch.
Dreamy Sunrise Ableton patch. Rhythmic Softplayer Ableton patch. Various reshapings and automated continuous sound design.

Mixing dark patches of synth with horror movie pastiche, quietly travelling soundscaping pushing into a better place.

Like putting a Didgeridoo in a Combine Harvester site, the track churns and churns until a cat-napped resolve.

For inspiration, I was looking to game music, dungeon synth (see The Wire), the deposited transluscency of Neapolitan Vienetta,
and past life regression set warm with mortality's holy ember.

The track, while disturbing at points, locates its own vitality and curio of vitamins, running out of speed and transitioning.

At also around seventeen minutes for a fourth and fifth draft, time is made the most of, by conditioned playing minimally.

Artists inspirations include RQ (Auxiliary), Selected Ambient Works VII (Aphex Twin).

Emotionally, trying to blaze a harmless trail through things I've done before, with a myriad of differences, for worthwhile
reasoning. Depleting interest personally is part of that; too, the ability to channel feelings of connection and understanding.

I use repetition less here in this track, but I have recomposed certain MIDI notes throughout the piece for savoury epitaph.

"Grazing On The Hip" is today's jam. Ping-Pong Delay. Ableton built-in synth patch. Influences from Quosp and Goldfrapp. Enjoy.
Once I dug deep into spacing the piece, I tried to extend the track like a remix of Goldfrapp's "Oompa Radar" (year 2000).
Goldfrapp, in fact, have influenced over a quarter of things I do, listen to, and with a firm connection to classical ambience.
Even when Alison and Will (Goldfrapp) only use instruments, their sound is a trip-hop pinnacle.
On BBC Radio in 2012, they mention "recording everything", and since myself releasing on Bandcamp since 2012, I mostly also do.
"Oompa Radar", in particular, was formative of much down-tempo music in the 2000-2020 era. See Royksopp, Boards Of Canada.
And of course, general predecessors, such as Art Of Noise, Current 93, Coil, Budd and Eno, Daniel Lanois and Venetian Snares.

Wanna hear it? Drop a reply. Or stay tuned to SoundCloud for finalised updates.