calyx ...

16 Replies, 3775 Views

not been that into his stuff before but that tune he's got coming on headz 'headhunter' is superb ..

.. anyone else feeling this one?

http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php...did=186545
Sounds like a remix (barely) of the flip to Leviathan (Mindfold i think?)
yeah Storm played this one in Dublin the other night.......as Justin Timberlake says "I'm lovin' it!"......
yeah thats quite cool.

i'd probably buy it.
dee bee one Wrote:not been that into his stuff before

I liked Calyx when it was their stuff

Megalomania / Whole Tone (Audio Couture 08 )
Morphology / Schitzoid (31 Records 07)
Code Red / Diablo (Moving Shadow 139)

nice funky two-step Dance Dance
Statto Wrote:Morphology / Schitzoid (31 Records 07)

oh yeah forgot about that .. was cool
Nice one. I think that whole headz EP sounds nice, but this tune especially. "Killa" I really like as well, but the rest of that EP I'm not into and I can't bring myself to part with the cash for it. Perhaps a tad same-y, but these kinda tunes make me shock out like a madman!

re the old calyx, I was just playing Recall/Techtonic yesterday--heavy, funky, squelchy etc etc, a bad, bad record!
the skin is faster than the word ...
Statto Wrote:

Megalomania / Whole Tone (Audio Couture 08 )
Morphology / Schitzoid (31 Records 07)

you're missing double zero/the root (audio couture 005)

oh yeah haven't checked out the headhunter clip. gotta say that the killa ep was a disappointment for me..

edit: it was ok. resembles mindfold a lot tho..
Statto Wrote:

code red is a bomb track. did not mind their
remix of Durban Poison either. I even got doubles
of that bad boy.
esb Wrote:code red is a bomb track. did not mind their
remix of durban poison either. i even got doubles
of that bad boy.

also calyx vs the bombdroppers - once in our lifetime

Falcon
I like calyx, both old and new. Some really good techy stuff on the recent EP, and Killa is a monstrous tune Smile
edit: "video unavailable"; dunno what it was

Twothumbs
Thread made me look into my Calyx collection again. Turns out I have every Calyx release (at least the ones listed at Discogs) up until end of 2000. After that nothing ...
Music critic for the Tally Ho
Someone in my family has "No Turning Back" on CD, which I bought from Chemical Records in 2004. I still really like "Chasing Shadows" and "Illusions", the rest less so.

"Illusions" is the second to last track in this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/howtxzgba4264b...9.mp3?dl=0
“As a massive fan of Critical Music’s incredible and diverse spectrum of sound, I’m absolutely buzzing to be making my first solo release in over 15 years on a label that represents everything I love about Drum and Bass!

Fuelled by cabin fever during the darkest depths of lockdown, I wrote ‘Tempest’ & ‘You Want It All’ while imagining a future time when sound systems, clubs and festivals would return.“

- Calyx, November 2022

(5th January 2015, 09:34)firefinga Wrote: Thread made me look into my Calyx collection again. Turns out I have every Calyx release (at least the ones listed at Discogs) up until end of 2000. After that nothing ...

mine stops in 1999 when Chris Rush left
never much liked Larry's solo stuff
or his stuff with Teebee either
sorry Larry
I vaguely remember Calyx as a duo. Thought it was interesting to see a recent Critical Music release as a return to the Calyx saga.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Calyx "Trap Door" devnull 7 1,317 18th August 2008, 20:55
Last Post: esb
  CARBON : SAT 2nd SEPT : CALYX, OUTRAGE, TRAX, PROLIX & LASER iNSiGHt 23 4,783 4th September 2006, 14:42
Last Post: B
  LOCUS - Sat 26 Aug, Black Swan Bristol - Calyx, Break & more LOCUS 2 1,055 23rd August 2006, 20:34
Last Post: kidkut
  BEAT OF THE DRUM - CALYX (90 MIN), A.I., SUBJECT 13, GUVNA Electra 8 1,528 10th March 2006, 14:11
Last Post: Electra
  calyx mix from doa .... dee bee one 3 783 3rd June 2005, 08:44
Last Post: 8bits