Evil Robots Attacking Me?... punk, metal, hardcore

1924 Replies, 1321632 Views

^^ Never listened to Tesseract (will listen a bit more), but I've had convos about djent in general, with people who do actually listen to similar style bands. djent is extremely nerdy, but that's the point right? Newer, or evolving subgenre terms seem to be a result of the internet, case in point with djent i suspect. I don't necessarily classify djent as a post-hc thing, but i do see the influences that have lead up to such younger, more recent diversions in um.. progressive metal. My earlier parallels & interests I can make to djent fans is that I was once obsessed with early mathrock, metalcore and/or mathcore, and the like, so I understand the geekiness of it all. Chugga chugga, djent djent djent.. lol. The recent deathcore thing could be another similar paralell, whether good or bad. I get it tho. The music, subjective. I will listen to specifics if & when. All good.

Seether - not really my thing but I get it. In contrast I prefer bands like Torche, or earlier 90's, 2000's, and now 2020 era, Shiner, Hum, etc.

Fantomas - great! Patton has always been incredibly interesting. Huge catalog of music in his discography, crazy to think about it. At this point in time, I've always been more interested in his ideas and thought processes for label output, and then of course, via his own music. Patton is like a one man Crass Records in my mind, operating in similar, free form spirit, ever evolving. Ipacec is maybe only rivalled by Alternative Tentacles for such a huge range of releases for similar, envisioned record labels. Keeps ya guessing, after all these years. That is a good thing. Smile

2020 Shiner release btw, noice.

https://shinerkc.bandcamp.com/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Embraced By The Anti Self... punk, metal, hardcore - by +ToRMeNT+ - 30th September 2020, 10:40

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  20 favourite post punk (new wave) LPs Statto 71 52,417 10th January 2024, 14:06
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  [Theory & Premise] "Progressive House" is Entirely Post-Punk +ToRMeNT+ 71 50,269 8th March 2023, 22:27
Last Post: thirdform
  31 Days of Post Punk Statto 34 6,357 31st May 2022, 07:21
Last Post: Statto
  post punk documentary Statto 0 974 11th February 2022, 15:02
Last Post: Statto
  Queer as Punk Statto 1 4,981 31st July 2017, 00:36
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+