Evil Robots Attacking Me?... punk, metal, hardcore

1924 Replies, 1321908 Views

^^ There's a very specific take on dub & minimalism that Bauhaus often presented, obviously found via initial improvisations filtered within the songs that was very detailed, imo. Curated almost. And then the fact that they were able to recreate the sounds live which once again, showcased the details of the songs, maybe emphasisng the fact that they were more than just a studio band with effects. The electronic aspects of certain Bauhaus tunes coming through the mix as well, then as Tones on Tail happened, flourished a bit, yet not so obvious as similar era sounds, imo. Tones on Tail, still exploring dub, and you can recognize the songs that could have been Bauhaus tunes, yet carried on something else. Brian Eno inflections, ambience, psychedelia, playing with further electronic textures, grounded via punky, reverb guitar bursts when it happens. Tones on Tail, a transitional band but I think the results were effective imo. Listening back to it all, I hear new things all the time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aloof and Proud Silence... punk, metal, hardcore - by +ToRMeNT+ - 28th October 2021, 04:13

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  20 favourite post punk (new wave) LPs Statto 71 52,431 10th January 2024, 14:06
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  [Theory & Premise] "Progressive House" is Entirely Post-Punk +ToRMeNT+ 71 50,282 8th March 2023, 22:27
Last Post: thirdform
  31 Days of Post Punk Statto 34 6,359 31st May 2022, 07:21
Last Post: Statto
  post punk documentary Statto 0 974 11th February 2022, 15:02
Last Post: Statto
  Queer as Punk Statto 1 4,981 31st July 2017, 00:36
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+