Subvert Central label funding thread...

77 Replies, 30927 Views

ok, so...

Blue Wrote:Mastering = 200-250 quid (thats £££ not E)
Pressing x 300 + sleeves = £400 + (its cheaper to press more)
You need to get a distribution deal... we are with SRD but theres loads of others.
Advertising was included, maybe spend £500 on a promotion company to mailout stuff to heads and gain profile.

so far 37 subverts have posted in the label threads...

Blue, Phokus, fucoza, Exxon, Macc, Statto, toon, RhythmicNature, Stacks, noisemonkey
ALPHA OMEGA, scope, Altered Ego, 0=0, esb, bobule, littleNemo, Code, SETI, fiasko
Düffah, B, Naphta, jump up, Matt, john doe, dj m, Hayden, karbonkid, Diddywahdiddy
Tza, kameel, Rohan, eskmo, Jay Raser, Fanu, cp_ffm

£30 each should cover it — less if other subverts join in

is everyone up for that — even if it mean staying in one weekend?
blue, scope, ego, bobule, jay raser all count as sb.
Blue Wrote:blue, scope, ego, bobule, jay raser all count as sb.

why?
For sure.

Stacks
[Image: banner2_590.jpg]
[Image: swbanner.gif]
[Image: BB_banner3.gif]
i'll help out too guys.

Wink
[Image: jungletrain_2.png]
Count me well and truely in, I can prolly manage a bit more as well if others drop out.
Statto Wrote:

why?

because we are streetbeats!! (forgot about new boy Ego then Oops )

£30 between all subverts will be too fiddly to handle.

Code and crew / streetbeats / 0=0 / subverts

thats how i think it should be done.
Blue Wrote:
Statto Wrote:

why?

because we are streetbeats!! (forgot about new boy Ego then Oops )

also forgot about nerve!! Oops

damn, theres too many of us!!
blue Wrote:because we are streetbeats!! (forgot about new boy ego then Oops )

Sad2
I can manage 30 quids + a bit more if people drop out!
Proper skint, as in PROPER skint, but I can sell something.......

Not THAT! Icon_eek
Blue Wrote:because we are streetbeats!! (forgot about new boy Ego then Oops )

you're proposing £300 each between these groups?
or maybe I should see how much I can raise from the non-affiliated subvert massive
Random subvert willing to chip in here. Plus I will be sending you a CD sometime in the next month or so..
I'm sure I can manage £30 Smile
I'd be willing to help...
would those funding, recieve a copy of the release? Roll
yes sea Xyxthumbs
scope Wrote:yes sea Xyxthumbs

...excellent! :d
ok so...

shall i be treasurer? i have a paypal business account so can accept payment that way, or an ordinary account for cheques and whatnot

if yes... how should it be documented online?

>> a running funds total
>> a list of donors and a running funds total
>> a list of donors and their donations
>> other

we don't want to make people donate what they really can't afford, but if it's a matter of restraint, of staying in one night instead of spending £30 pubbing and clubbing... Wink

if blue's split funding method is used then this would constitute the unaffiliated subvert total

Lisa Wave Wave Rainbow
statto Wrote:ok so...

shall i be treasurer? i have a paypal business account so can accept payment that way, or an ordinary account for cheques and whatnot

>> a running funds total
>> other

we don't want to make people donate what they really can't afford, but if it's a matter of restraint, of staying in one night instead of spending £30 pubbing and clubbing... Wink

if blue's split funding method is used then this would constitute the unaffiliated subvert total

Lisa Wave Wave Rainbow

Applause

mr code, what do you think?
Icon_eek staying in?!!! Icon_eek

im sure i can find £30 squid somewhere! Xyxthumbs
Co..Cou...Could you possibly rewind and come again?
statto Wrote:ok so...

>> a running funds total
>> other

Lisa Wave Wave Rainbow

statto, that is a marv idea, if you don't mind doing it, i for one second the motion to make you treasurer. who shall i make my cheque out too? Wink

Applause
Not sure I really know what's going on here - you want all these people to pay cash to put out the first 12".....?

Or Blue - d'you want to limit it to just a few people..?

It's a laudable idea, but 2 things:

1) He who pays wants control. Thus it is ALWAYS better if there can be less people involved, otherwise you risk inciting resentment amongst those who paid but who have no say in what happens with the label...

2) If you are determined to pursue this course of 'drum n bass communism' (copyright Doc Scott!), then you want to make fucking goddamn sure that you also aggressively USE the highly unusual circumstances here as a positive point in PROMOTION of the label... after all, a d+b label fundede by enthusiasts and dedicated to all the stuff that d+b DJs are too pussy to play would make a good story for the press, especialy as a reaction to these bling-bling times....
As you said Blue...

Me & me lads (!!!) / Streetbeats / 0=0 / Subverts...

That's the way to do it.

Statto as treasurer? Well, I'd trust him! Gets my vote...

As Naphta said I think the main funding should left to a few people... though I think most people that are gonna contribute the £20 / £30 donation realise the are putting their money where their mouth is for a good cause, without worrying whether or not they'll be Subvert Central kingpin.
Naphta Wrote:Not sure I really know what's going on here - you want all these people to pay cash to put out the first 12".....?

yes

Naphta Wrote:It's a laudable idea, but 2 things:

1) He who pays wants control. Thus it is ALWAYS better if there can be less people involved, otherwise you risk inciting resentment amongst those who paid but who have no say in what happens with the label...

good point — if the funding is being split three or four ways — say Streetbeats, irish massive, 0=0, subvert massive — then I guess each should have a say on what is released... so we'd need a representative of each: presumably Blue, Code, 0=0 and someone to represent the subverts (Alpha Omega maybe?)

Naphta Wrote:2) If you are determined to pursue this course of 'drum n bass communism' (copyright Doc Scott!), then you want to make fucking goddamn sure that you also aggressively USE the highly unusual circumstances here as a positive point in PROMOTION of the label... after all, a d+b label fundede by enthusiasts and dedicated to all the stuff that d+b DJs are too pussy to play would make a good story for the press, especialy as a reaction to these bling-bling times....

good plan Twothumbs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SC label - unaffiliated subvert massive funds Statto 171 153,282 5th October 2009, 10:52
Last Post: Seek
  60 x 60 – a Subvert Central project Statto 0 6,471 5th April 2008, 08:25
Last Post: Statto
  ATTN Subvert Central Recordings credit card crew Statto 15 24,692 25th March 2007, 16:27
Last Post: Statto
  ESB & Union Subvert Central MiX! Blue 115 141,239 13th April 2006, 13:04
Last Post: dionysus
  Subvert Central SC004 Mantis2K 28 35,131 17th March 2006, 16:03
Last Post: Mantis2K