UAD-1 card software update questions from ver.4.x -5.x

5 Replies, 1893 Views

ez everybody ,

I have some question about the old UAD-1 cards and the new 5.x software :

1: are the plugs sounding the same or is there a change after the update? [are legacy projects / presets / etc. still running]

2: is it possible to downgrade my UAD-1 back to ver.4.10 after I've installed the new 5.x software & updated the cards flash ?

I haven't updated my cards for ages cause they are running superb & I didn't wanted any of the new plugs ... but now I like to by me a few new mastering plugs so I guess I have to update or can I just authorize my new plugs on my old ver.4.10 software [I read they changed the authorization in ver.5.x]

I'm on winXp sp3.

well well I hate shit like that and reading the UAD forum just confuse me more ! but hopefully some of you geeks can provide me with some helpful hints :-)

cheers
buzz
1. 100% the same. If you own plate140 the very latest version (5.6) is now different in that its licenced, changes the name and adds the hidden features/controls to the front panel, but doesn't change the sound and *should* load up in old projects according to UA, but ive not tested this.

2. Yep virtually all the older drivers are on UAs site, not sure why you'd want to tbh, they quite often add new improvements and minor behind the scenes fixes, only the UAD2s can take firmware upgrades which are hard but not impossible to revert. For the uad1s its purely software and can easily be uninstalled/reinstalled.

Every time has been an improvement in my case, and you get all the new toys to demo. You do need a new auth file each time you upgrade now, which i imagine is to close off a loophole whereby say i had four cards, I could authorise all plugs then share the cards over 4 peoples computers and use the same auth file.
ohh man many thanks for that info ! now I'll grab the latest version and buy me some new plugs :-) I'm not sure but the multiband comp. is a bargain & I can grab it for 117$ with all my voucher etc. any opinions about the "Precision Multiband" ??
You'll get considerable performance improvements as well - they made some big changes in the release before the current one that improved performance a lot.
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
buzz Wrote:any opinions about the "Precision Multiband" ??

It's the best multiband compressor I have ever used, and the only one I WILL use. It has changed my opinion of MB comps, to some extent.

But you still first should ask yourself if you really need an MB compressor, in my opinion Wink
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
yep macc I do not really need this "Precision Multiband" ... I think I'll save my money and spend it to a new notebook [ min.4GB RAM] ... that new max4live patches are fucking exiting & my old notebook is collapsing constantly by my new live patches :rolleyes:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UAD...finally...lot of questions :D snaper 17 7,308 11th November 2010, 18:29
Last Post: snaper
  More Software Setup Questions Decree 2 3,502 20th August 2009, 08:51
Last Post: Lephrenic
  Few Questions djr005 5 3,988 27th February 2008, 18:13
Last Post: djr005
  Bought my first card! Logos 31 7,175 16th January 2008, 17:22
Last Post: Macc
  2nd UAD card on the way Macc 64 16,716 21st June 2007, 23:54
Last Post: Macc