KJ Sawka and Blake Lewis (american idol)

125 Replies, 30728 Views

yes yes, that blake lewis. They both live here in seattle and do regular shows. This is a local high school radio station that most of you have viewed youtube clips of kevin playing there before.

They have a ton of TV and radio and other stuff lined up for the future. Here is a live recording form last saturdays show.

>Download Kj Sawka's live performance hosted by Drew Bailey on The Vortex on C-89.5 Sat. June 9th 2007.</span>

KJ played a mixed genre set, playing breaks and D'N'B. Plus this set features all vocals from several different vocalists, including Blake Lewis of American Idol fame.
Hearing KJ Sawka perform on the radio does him no justice! See him at his CD Release party for <span>"Cyclonic Steel"</span> July 6th @ Neumos on Capital Hill in Seattle.

<a>kjsawka.com</a>

<font><a>Download Drew's interview with KJ Sawka</a>

<a>Download KJ Sawka's performance live on The Vortex</a>

<font>Good Luck in The UK,
and see you in September KJ!</font>
</font>
ah, sheet, I'm tech challenged and should really be wearing a helmet, I'll try and sort that link out
I'm scum the archive link only opens in media player and I can't get the link at the moment.

is there a delet thread button that I can use?

will be back to post up more later
olcyrus Wrote:ah, sheet, I'm tech challenged and should really be wearing a helmet, I'll try and sort that link out

[Image: Toshiba%20Bubble%20Helmut.jpg]

Icon_question

Teef
can't u just right-click on the link and copy the link, then paste it here? Smile or just post the url of the page Wave
k, bizarly while finding a picture of a 'techno helmet' i stumbled across this:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1104341

hmmmmm, acctual computer snax? Homerdrool
fanu Wrote:can't u just right-click on the link and copy the link, then paste it here? Smile or just post the url of the page Wave

it just says http://www.thevortexworldwide.com/archive when i do that, but i don't think that is enough. work computer is cracked out. i should be able to do it at home in an hour or two.

sorry guys, what a tease....... Oops
http://www.thevortexworldwide.com/archiv...jsawka.mp3

Cool
bwahahaaha, I guess you brains make up for your horrishly bad looks Wink

there was a good 5 minute interview somewhere too.

Thanks though. I feel better about the daySmile
kj sawka is playing at glade this summer Grin hes doing the overkill glade warmup nights in brighton and london too, with venetian snares and others.
olcyrus Wrote:bwahahaaha, I guess you brains make up for your horrishly bad looks Wink

yeah, while yours don't for yours Lol
artifact Wrote:, with venetian snares and others.

i dont get the venetian snares live thing at all.... their albums are amazing dont get me wrong, but the live set just seems far to fast and all over the place Baffled

sawkas the shit tho cheers for the mp3 fanu Xyxthumbs
Artifact Wrote:kj sawka is playing at glade this summer Grin hes doing the overkill glade warmup nights in brighton and london too, with venetian snares and others.

around which time?
Thanks for the mp3 Smile I'll check it asap Cool
i sure youve all seen this vid but linking it anyway cos its sweetnuts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp5OxEzxuSg

time lag whatever you call it tho Icon_sad
djfada Wrote:
Artifact Wrote:, with venetian snares and others.

i dont get the venetian snares live thing at all.... their albums are amazing dont get me wrong, but the live set just seems far to fast and all over the place Baffled

He doesnt play live. He mixes CDs of his own stuff together in a semi-random fashion.
i think Macc is way doper Drums Hugs
droid Wrote:
djfada Wrote:
Artifact Wrote:, with venetian snares and others.

He doesnt play live. He mixes CDs of his own stuff together in a semi-random fashion.

Baffled isnt that still live ??

know what eyr sayin but its just far too messy for my tastes Smile
IChiOne Wrote:i think Macc is way doper Drums Hugs

i reckon bobs rolls kick sawkas anyday Wink

that mp3 was great tho Grin
Leave it out...

I appreciate the kind words, and I know you're biased and so on, but he's simply technically a far far better drummer than I am Smile I can live with that.

Unless you meant cheese, ham, rocket salad and salad cream rolls, in which case mine are a force to be reckoned with.
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
djfada Wrote:Baffled isnt that still live ??

know what eyr sayin but its just far too messy for my tastes Smile

No. Id call it Djng your own material.

By that definition any producer could press up a bunch of his own tracks on vinyl or CD, play them out on the decks and claim to be playing 'live'...
^ true man .. its too fast anyway Teef
Macc Wrote:Leave it out...

I appreciate the kind words, and I know you're biased and so on, but he's simply technically a far far better drummer than I am Smile I can live with that.

Unless you meant cheese, ham, rocket salad and salad cream rolls, in which case mine are a force to be reckoned with.

he does make quite boring music though
is vanetian snares a drummer?

I didn't know that.

I thought that guy just poured water over his computer & recorded the results and passed it off as music.

Baffled
'There's no such thing as selling out just buying in'

Chuck D
socialengineer Wrote:k, bizarly while finding a picture of a 'techno helmet' i stumbled across this:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1104341

NICE!