Open Letter to Mods asking for deletion of account

140 Replies, 34215 Views
Thread Closed 

well, ok, thread unlocked...

missy swanker Wrote:Below is my open letter asking for deletion of my account.

Others are probably not aware that Mark made a new account purely to follow the thread Roo posted about his new site going up. Fada again posted some twattish reply so Mark sent a warning PM to him and he was banned again - no warning, nothing. Just a total ban.

Mark was banned again because he was already banned. The existing ban was applied to his new account. Why wouldn't it be?

And the reason he was banned was because of his posts in these threads:

http://www.subvertcentral.com/forum/show...hp?t=51143
http://www.subvertcentral.com/forum/show...hp?t=51157
http://www.subvertcentral.com/forum/show...hp?t=51163

and earlier:
http://www.subvertcentral.com/forum/show...hp?t=46954

You won't find any support (apart from yours) for those posts anywhere in those threads because there isn't any.

missy swanker Wrote:Please can you delete my account. I really don't feel comfortable having it active for all the reasons I have mentioned previously.

Yes, I'm sure you can have your account deleted (though not by me since I don't have the power to delete accounts). I'm sorry it has to end this way.

missy swanker Wrote:Yes it's an online community but rather than being a rich cosmopolitan place like London it is more like a Milton Keynes full of suburban people making suburban music. The people who are gravitating towards the site are now no longer the interesting vibrant people it once attracted and any that dare to start saying views that are 'viewful' or that different are squashed.

When I said this very same thing. There were people who agreed with what I said and you or someone came up and said it was just a load of history going on. It's not Statto. The site should just be left to breathe sometimes. It's like having kids - let them sort it out themselves and don't interfere.

No, it is history. Mostly, as you say, you can ignore drama (though fortunately most people don't feel the need to indulge in drama here). But this time Mark made it so I couldn't ignore it. The very pertinent history is in the "earlier" thread linked above.

missy swanker Wrote:I just don't understand why you come down so hard on Mark and don't apply your 'holier than thou no abuse crap' equally across the board. He made a new character to follow the thread which Roo had put up about his new site. He didn't even post. He did send a warning PM to Fada after Fada called him a twat. But then ban Fada as well as Mark as they did equal abuse - in fact Mark didn't abuse at all. It was Fada. Why is he not banned?

He made a new character, sure, but so what. It was Mark that was banned, not the account.

As for Fada, yes I saw the "twat" post, and then that it had been deleted. And yes, noisemonkey says he deleted it, which is fine. Then I permanently deleted it. Note that last bit. Quoting from your PM because this is relevant:

missy swanker Wrote:
Statto Wrote:I've just been through Fada's posts (going back as far as last August) and I can't find anything abusive.
That is because they have been deleted. Noisemonkey was quick on the draw on the most recent one but they are always all deleted so there is no record of them.

No, it's because they were never there. What Mark is telling you is total crap. There's no reason you would realize this but users can't remove posts in vBulletin. They can have posts marked for deletion so that they're removed from public view and appear deleted, but then it takes admin to come along and remove them from the database. And admin in this case always means me. Fada never had any posts to be deleted. The posts you think were deleted were never there. Similarly, in the Torrents thread, Loris never made any of the posts you thought had been deleted. Mark is just making that up.

As for Mark:

missy swanker Wrote:Mark's 'abuse' is normally in humour and also if a piece of music is crap then he says so. What is the problem with people hearing proper critique? His 'abuse' is only ever about the music and rarely personal - he only gets personal when extremely drunk and when pushed to the edge.

Which is far too often. And the abuse in those threads is very personal. You need to read again what other people are saying in those threads. It's not SC admin vs Mark, it's not Fada vs Mark, it's not anybody vs Mark. Mark had just been a total arsehole – again – and was banned for it.

Messages In This Thread
Open Letter to Mods asking for deletion of account - by Statto - 13th March 2010, 11:55

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleaford Mods Statto 70 50,935 18th March 2023, 19:56
Last Post: Statto
  Login with your Facebook Account firefinga 1 2,271 12th September 2015, 09:35
Last Post: Statto
  A letter of complaint about roni size bhima 7 5,265 22nd June 2015, 11:12
Last Post: firefinga
  Mods & fawkers.. +ToRMeNT+ 4 3,720 10th November 2014, 21:30
Last Post: firefinga
  Anyone here have a Youtube account? pacific 3 1,809 17th December 2011, 15:07
Last Post: Jonas78