Open Letter to Mods asking for deletion of account

140 Replies, 34204 Views
Thread Closed 

missy swanker Wrote:I have actually taken a photo which is what you get if you try to browse SC as in just type http://www.subvertcentral.com into the browser window. Not log in as a user just look at the site.

You get a screen saying you are banned and there is no navigation, nothing.

missy swanker Wrote:Told that he is not banned and can view the site when he most clearly is banned - I can take a photo of the screen if you like.

So have you 'actually taken a photo' or are you going to take a photo.

Please post it.

missy swanker Wrote:Mark here,

Does anyone actually know anything about IT up there???

Yep, a great deal more than you it seems....

missy swanker Wrote:Learn your systems.

Hahaha truly..... [Image: Smilie03sim.gif]

panda Wrote:it is possible that he is blocked on the server (apache or whatever) rather than in vbulletin

Very true, but we dont have a .htaccess on this domain.
The site is hosted on the Jungletrain servers that Niels (arnie) runs. He can confirm that.

panda Wrote:but unless someone is going to a lot of effort to sniff out your IP if you ever register and reveal who you are, then they cant really do that effectively short of blocking the entire ISP.

exactly....

missy swanker Wrote:Mark here again....

Iptables maybe?

I do this for a living mate, can easily route out internals if i have to...

Hahaha (again)

IPTables is the defacto linux firewall.
It has zero relevance in all of this.

Go and 'route out internals' (whatever that means..... Roll)

missy swanker Wrote:I saw Mark get banned from an account from which he hadn't posted because he has a lifetime ban and I questioned the validity of whether a lifetime ban is ever just? Also that there is hypocrisy to be seen in how one individual is treated over another. If you treat one person one way then everyone who acts in the same way should be treated accordingly.

There is no such thing as a 'lifetime ban'.
Its a 'permanent ban' but all it means is that it doesnt automatically expire in the vBulletin system, hence the admins don't have to keep renewing the ban to keep spammers and troublemakers away.

By the way, have you thought about how if 'JackHillster' never posted that the admins here knew it was Mark, and knew to ban this account too?

It was because he sent a PM to Fada:

JackHillster Wrote:You're a massive prick and I have your IP

Both abusive and threatening. Even if Mark wasnt previously banned under a different account, theres ground right there.

Muttley Wrote:it's funny how every occasion where claims are answered, those who complain revert to sidestepping the problem, thereby tarnishing their perspective as untruthful. where's the proof he can't view as a guest?

Xyxthumbs There is no proof

missy swanker Wrote:I can take a photo of the screen if you like but really that isn't proof at all is it. I am a designer - I could make it up.

You could indeed, but to do so realistically you'd need to model it on a real screen - a screen that doesnt actually exist Roll

Back up the claims or jog on....

Messages In This Thread
Open Letter to Mods asking for deletion of account - by subvert - 13th March 2010, 19:34

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleaford Mods Statto 70 50,933 18th March 2023, 19:56
Last Post: Statto
  Login with your Facebook Account firefinga 1 2,271 12th September 2015, 09:35
Last Post: Statto
  A letter of complaint about roni size bhima 7 5,265 22nd June 2015, 11:12
Last Post: firefinga
  Mods & fawkers.. +ToRMeNT+ 4 3,720 10th November 2014, 21:30
Last Post: firefinga
  Anyone here have a Youtube account? pacific 3 1,809 17th December 2011, 15:07
Last Post: Jonas78