[Lambchop] S.E's new recycle clone

90 Replies, 23115 Views

socialengineer Wrote:you might have it installed already macc, try running the program, if it complains about it missing then go here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

are you sure it's a good idea to install dot.net on your music pc? Chin
sure, its only a virtual machine. its like installing the java runtime. shouldnt affect music stuffs.
If your that worried then dont risk it or try it on another machine, but my computers fine Smile
I think macc's at work anyhow right? dont matter if you fuck their machines up Lol
socialengineer Wrote:sure, its only a virtual machine. its like installing the java runtime. shouldnt affect music stuffs.
If your that worried then dont risk it or try it on another machine, but my computers fine Smile
I think macc's at work anyhow right? dont matter if you fuck their machines up Lol

well, I don't know anything about dot.net, I was just wondering. Smile
I'd only do it on my laptop Wink
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Did anyone have a go at running this?
I got a call from my old man last night saying he couldnt get it to load up, chucked chucked a message box with an error in it, just wondering if anyone else had the same problem?
cheers
Sorry for taking so long to post this, but I havnt been on here for a while.
I have MS dot net framework installed and when I load a sample into lambchop it gives me the following error when I try playing the sample (attached)
dotnet framework's fine... won't affect performance on your machine. I think the question might have (really Wink ) been asking about digital signatures, rights etc.. for those that have er..... "re-distributed" versions of certain software aps. Teef
PÚCA Wrote:Sorry for taking so long to post this, but I havnt been on here for a while.
I have MS dot net framework installed and when I load a sample into lambchop it gives me the following error when I try playing the sample (attached)

k seen. have had this problem on a few other test 'candidates' (lol namely my old mans pc) and am trying to sort it at the moment.
It seems a bit funny to be honest because it runs fine on my computer and another at work... Baffled

Am on the case though, cheers for the feedback PÚCA :thumbsup:
Also, I believe Sound Forge requires you to install Framework as well... so it's obviously fine...
Hallifax Wrote:Also, I believe Sound Forge requires you to install Framework as well... so it's obviously fine...

Good point, SF9 requires the dot net framework 2.0
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/prod...&PageID=53

...so yes, it is safe to install Smile, cheers for pointing that out halifax.

On a dev note, I started on Lambchop v0.2 on tuesday. This doesnt mean much to you lot as there is still nothing usable Icon_sad but it has basicly entailed a rewrite of the code base so its a) easier for me to understand and extend and b) slicker and faster! Grin hurrah!
I also started by making the gui a little nicer with all the diagnostic/debug stuff in its own special window. I just need some nice icons and stuff now.. for which i shall post a link in the main forum Smile
PÚCA Wrote:Sorry for taking so long to post this, but I havnt been on here for a while.

i get this with any wav
dsp Wrote:

i get this with any wav

ok, cheers for letting us know.
hopefully this 0.2 version im working on will clear some things up. I really need to implement some kind of error checking on the file loading procedure so that it catches anything that isnt 44k, mono, 16bit Smile
Acctually been thinking about this again recently Smile (been a while)

Gonna start development on this again over christmas I hope.

The good news is that Flash10 supports byte level file interactions so I can build this as a cross platform flex app Grin
Xyxthumbs
macc Wrote:zero-crossing detection too... preferably with selctable behaviours (upward crossing/ down crossing/both/left channel is boss/right channel is boss/either channel etc etc). may as well get that off my chest!Xyxthumbs

excellent point!

i think anything that chops anything should have this function...even my butcher!

j

0=0
[Image: siggy.jpg]
magdusia Wrote:I just can't take it...omg omg...I just..I just can't...
meh, not sure how viable this now Icon_sad Flex/Flash only lets you load mp3s.

is this still worth it?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Renoise 2.7.0 - INTEGRATED "RECYCLE" !!! snaper 6 3,770 17th May 2011, 09:24
Last Post: infest
  Recycle/midi questions . LAsymbolism 7 3,271 27th May 2009, 15:18
Last Post: compositeone
  Importing Recycle Wav Slices in Kontakt 3 geoffrainbow 4 2,760 26th September 2008, 14:22
Last Post: djfada
  The let off steam at Recycle thread Macc 72 15,240 19th June 2008, 11:52
Last Post: Ashtonron
  recycle making me want to smash things djfada 10 2,345 16th June 2008, 02:52
Last Post: djfada