Laptop battery question!

3 Replies, 1637 Views

Hi people, Could someone help me out with a problem I've got with my laptop please because I'm clueless!

I've fully charged the laptop but it's still got this flashing red cross over the top of the battery level icon. And the battery level runs out pretty quick compared to before. I'm not sure it's the battery inside the laptop or the charger but I'm guessing it's the battery that's on the way out?

If the battery is dying then does anyone know if there's a difference with getting either one of these: http://laptopsbattery.co.uk/toshiba-pa3534u-1brs.htm as one is 6 cell and one is 9 cell..would a 9 cell be better to get in the long run [Does the battery charge last longer]..would it still be compatible as the battery I've got originally with my laptop is a 6 cell [I'm guessing]. All of this is if it actually is the battery of course!

Sorry to blab on, like I say, I'm clueless with pc's/Laptops..
Try calibrating the battery first. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum...=c00035862 that isn't just for HP laptops.

Does just sound like the battery is knackered.

As long as you get a battery that fits your model laptop then it'll be compatible I'd say Xyxthumbs
Thanks Wilshy!

No idea what the calibrating thing is about but will give it a read through and try it!
What it's doing is (gonna try to explain, I know in my head) taking all those half charges out of the equation. Each time you do that or put it on charge when it's not fully discharged you lose a bit of the life of the battery. Batteries have a memory, so to speak, so this resets that memory to some degree so a full charge means it's actually charging more of the battery.

It ain't gonna make it 100% again mate, but you might get a little bit more life out of it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  laptop dead! pc laptop inquires. Annastay 7 3,206 7th November 2011, 00:03
Last Post: Roo Stercogburn
  pirate vs ninja battery martsman 1 1,206 28th April 2008, 19:01
Last Post: socialengineer
  Laptop problem - battery wont charge Paradigm X 6 1,474 6th February 2007, 19:53
Last Post: Ashes
  too cold. car wont start. battery needs water? dj_obiwan 1 780 7th December 2006, 20:58
Last Post: MetaLX